Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The PRIEST is BACK!!!!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The PRIEST is BACK!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-03, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The PRIEST is BACK!!!!

First Bruce Dickinson goes home to Iron Maiden and now The Metal God returns to the Priest!!! From the official website:

ROB HALFORD REUNITES WITH JUDAS PRIEST

WORLD TOUR COMING IN 2004

SEVERAL PROJECTS ARE IN THE PLANNING STAGES

After more than 12 years apart Judas Priest and original lead vocalist Rob Halford have reunited for a global live concert tour in 2004. The definitive Judas Priest lineup of Rob Halford, lead guitarist Glenn Tipton, lead guitarist K.K. Downing, bassist Ian Hill and drummer Scott Travis are back.

The original band members have been re-establishing their personal and professional relationships since 1999 along the way sparking hundreds of reunion rumors.

Several exciting projects, in addition to the 2004 world tour, are in the early planning stages.

The long-awaited reunion of Judas Priest and Halford will thrill fans around the globe, and once again provide them with the opportunity to see and hear the band that defined Heavy Metal as we know it today.

Judas Priest rose from the gritty, working-class steel town of Birmingham, England, and became one of the biggest bands in the world. Judas Priest are considered the groundbreaking inventors of true Heavy Metal music. From their debut release 'Rocka Rolla' through monumental albums such as 'Sad Wings of Destiny,' ''Sin After Sin,' 'Stained Class,' 'Hell Bent For Leather,' 'Unleashed in the East,' 'British Steel,' 'Screaming for Vengeance,' 'Defenders of the Faith' and 'Painkiller,' titanic songs like "Victim of Changes," "Sinner," "Exciter," "Hell Bent for Leather," "Living After Midnight," "Breaking the Law" and "You've Got Another Thing Comin' '' were born. Judas Priest defines and epitomizes both sonically and visually the Heavy Metal genre.

Next year's reunion tour will also celebrate the band's 30th anniversary.

Judas Priest and Ripper Owens, who replaced Halford, have parted amicably by mutual agreement. The band is very grateful for Ripper's work in helping them to continue to bring Judas Priest's music to their millions of fans and they expect big things for him in the future.

Updates will be posted regularly at www.judaspriest.com

I can't be the only one excited by this?
Old 07-11-03, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
question..

did the other members have a problem with Rob coming out..?
Old 07-11-03, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
question..

From what I understand they've always known about it and kept his secret until he was ready to come out. Keep in mind that they were very close friends for over 20 years when they first split.
Old 07-11-03, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this is tantamount to heresy, but I kinda preferred Rippers vocals over Halfords in recent years. Just something about the way Halford has been singing since he went solo I guess. Hope he finds a good band to join, he definitely sounds great on stage.

Mordred
Old 07-11-03, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I read about this on cnn.com! Rockin' good news!
Old 07-11-03, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Yes! \m/

I'll finally get to see the real Judas Priest.

And IIRC, didn't another member of JP recently come out of the closet as well?
Old 07-11-03, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by Jason
Yes! \m/

I'll finally get to see the real Judas Priest.

And IIRC, didn't another member of JP recently come out of the closet as well?

No.
Old 07-11-03, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rogue588
question..

I'm sure they were just as shocked as the rest of the world.
Old 07-11-03, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That's excellent! I refused to follow Priest's music without Halford -- I didn't listen to them with Ripper even once.

Priest was fabulous when I saw them about 20 years ago in concert. Probably the best concert I've been to -- the view of the entire floor of the arena pumping their fists in unison was an unforgettable sight to see from the upper loge.
Old 07-11-03, 03:30 PM

I knew it was just a matter of time before a reunion happened, glad to hear it though. I saw them on the Painkiller tour with Megadeth, great show.
Old 07-11-03, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Title of the thread explains it all.......I will be there.
Old 07-11-03, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

People have never given Ripper a chance. I saw Priest twice with Ripper and he kicked @$$. I saw Halford with his new band and they didn't compare to the mighty Priest.

However it is great to have Rob back. I was really upset when he left the band and never really forgave him for it.

Hopefully Ripper can continue, he really is a great vocalist. I heard a rumor that he might actually hook up with some of the formor members of Pantera. That would be cool
Old 07-11-03, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by cactusoly
Hopefully Ripper can continue, he really is a great vocalist. I heard a rumor that he might actually hook up with some of the formor members of Pantera. That would be cool
Now that would be the perfect place for him. Here's hoping it happens.

Mordred
Old 07-11-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
This is Soooooo cooool.

I've seen Rob live with Priest and on his own in Halford and both time were great. He has such a stage presence it's unreal. Unfortunately, when I saw Halford there were some STUPID asses yelling anti-gay slurs but they were in the MINORITY....

If Maiden and Priest tour again I'M SO THERE!!!!!!!

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-11-03 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-11-03, 11:22 PM

Originally posted by Giantrobo
If Maiden and Priest tour again I'M SO THERE!!!!!!!

I don't think that'll ever happen. Maiden adopted a strict policy of never opening for anyone ever. I don't think Priest would be willing to open, nor should they. They'll have quite a buzz surrounding them and they could probably put together a great bill with other acts just like Maiden. The similarity between the two bands is almost eerie sometimes.
Old 07-12-03, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by cactusoly

Two weeks ago I heard a rumor that he was going to replace Matt Barlow in Iced Earth. *shrug*
Old 07-12-03, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Aghama
Two weeks ago I heard a rumor that he was going to replace Matt Barlow in Iced Earth. *shrug*
That would be interesting.
Old 07-12-03, 01:26 AM

Sweet!
Old 07-12-03, 02:46 AM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts
One of my favorite concerts from the 80s

"Green Manalishi"

I will get get first coupla row tix anywhere around here to see that again!
Old 07-12-03, 08:39 AM
Banned

now if Chris DeGarmo would return to Queensryche...

Part 2 of the Maiden / Queensryche / Halford tour, but this time with Judas Priest instead of Halford solo.

The 3 vocal gods of metal together again.

Speaking of... during the last tour, Tate, Dickinson and Halford were talking about a project called "Trinity," where the 3 of them would collaborate on a record. Did any more ever come of that?
Old 07-12-03, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by JestersTear
now if Chris DeGarmo would return to Queensryche...
He already did, dude.
Old 07-12-03, 10:55 AM

Halford getting back with Priest is not only great for us fans, but for Metal music in general. The Priest is back and I can't wait to seem em' again. It's been a long time, almost 20 years. This is just great news!
Old 07-12-03, 11:49 AM

HELL YES !!!
I just listened to "Sad Wings of Destiny " I thought to myself that Halford is the Master of Metal vocals & now i read he's returning to Priest.
I will defintly be at these shows.
This is the best news in a long time !
Old 07-12-03, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
Ripper is a great singer, but Glenn Tipton never let him write the vocal parts - Tipton did that himself, and he's not very good at it. Priest without Halford became the Glenn Tipton band.

Halford's last two solo albums were really good, and SOME of the music on Jugulator and Demolition was really good too, so I'm expecting a really good album from Priest next year.

I'm sure that the tour will feature some great opening bands, much like Iron Maiden has Dio and Motorhead on the bill for this summer's tour.

Now an Iron Maiden/Judas Priest co-headlining tour with Dio opening up - THAT would be my dream tour!
Old 07-12-03, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only bad thing from this is that we are loosing two great bands and replacing them with just one.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.