Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Received open dvd from amazon.co.uk

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-03, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ordered two dvd's from amazon.co.uk and one of them had been opened and it looked like the person used a knife since the case had scratches in it including one on the cover

I know that packages from overseas can be opened and searched by customs- do you think this could be what happened?

Has this happened to anyone else on an overseas dvd order?

The dvd looks ok and I will play it to make sure friday.
Old 07-09-03, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact them... no doubt you will get a replacement. If you have a camera, take a picture. It can't hurt.
Old 07-09-03, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Bill Geiger
Contact them... no doubt you will get a replacement. If you have a camera, take a picture. It can't hurt.
I do have a camera. I just wonder with international shipping costs if it is worth it. It will cost me even more to ship it back assuming they will ship a replacement.

I would frankly be happier if it plays to get a coupon for a future order, this way neither amazon or i have to lose a bunch more money on this. I expect a coupon would be less than a new dvd being sent again plus paying to ship it again.

If this was a US company I would want a new dvd. Those mailing charges make me less willing to go that route with a European company.
Old 07-09-03, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Shipping would run about 4 bucks or less...depending on the size (1 or 2 disc). However, stating to them that you have pictures of the item damaged, they may go ahead and sent you another one.. without you having to send it back. Just email and see what happens.
Old 07-11-03, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Location: Sonoran Desert; a place where it doesn't matter whether or not one can pronounce Donnacha.
It sounds like customs could have opened it. However, you have to remember that for the most part many DVDs/CDs are sold unsealed (without wrapping) all over Europe for environmental reasons.
Old 07-11-03, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
They might tell you to keep it and they will send you a replacement.I once didn't receive an order in a timely matter-they sent a replacement-the original order finally showed up and they told me to keep both.
Old 07-11-03, 06:06 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Amazon UK has always been great to me. One of the best customer service teams I have ever dealt with.