DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Toshiba 50HX81

Old 07-07-03, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Toshiba 50HX81

My wife bought this tv new in the box for $1250 with an extended warrenty (she works at a retailer that sells them and got a substantial discount). The TV was the last one in stock as they have now been replaced by newer models. It was a spur-of-the-moment purchase, we'd been looking at the 51swx Hitachi. I know next to nothing about the Toshibas.

I think it's a pretty good TV, although I read online (hometheaterspot.com) that some Tosh units have sporatic flicker problems. Is that something I should be concerned about?What's the difference between this tv and the 50H81? the 50HDX82? I know it lacks a dvi input, is it upgradable? How worried should I be about that?
Old 07-10-03, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. I've owned a 57HDX82 since last december and it has been excellent. Toshiba makes some great RPTVs. I have heard of the flicker problem on the forums, but I think those problems are rare. I think you have a fine TV there. Enjoy!

Nice deal, btw.