Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best online DVD store?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best online DVD store?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Best online DVD store?

I'm trying to decide which store I should open a new account with strictly for DVDs - Bestbuy, Amazon, or DDD?

I want to pre-order "Irreversible" - out Aug 5 - since I doubt that it'd be found in stores around here. I'm willing to pay extra for fast shipping. I also wanted a site that is fast in processing orders and shipping, and have good packaging and wrapping - a big concern since it has been raining here a lot lately and I don't want the DVD to get ruined. I'm leaning towards Amazon.

Also could anybody give me an idea of how long it'd take if I pre-order it and paid for 2nd day shipping, etc - I need to get it before Aug 15 - since that's when I leave for school.
Old 07-06-03, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't bought anything from best buy online...but I have from the other 2

Speed seems to be your first priority and Amazon is definitely faster then DDD (even if DDD is cheaper). Paying for 2nd day shipping should definitely get it there in time with Amazon while DDD is a bit dodgier when it comes to shipping time.
Old 07-07-03, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the reply. Well, I have another movie I wanted to get -Malena- problem is its $28 at Amazon and at DDD, its $14.

I think I'll open an account with DDD, order Malena there and pay for faster shipping since the DVD is already cheaper and pre-order Irreversible from Amazon.
Old 07-08-03, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If you pay for faster shipping at DDD and they split up the order, you will only get the faster shipping on the first shipment. All shipments after that will be sent media mail.
Old 07-08-03, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I'm only going to order one DVD from DDD, so it should work out OK. I'll try open an account with them later this week.
Old 07-08-03, 05:05 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
The packing at Amazon is much better. My dvd's are always shrinwrapped to a square of cardboard and placed in a large box, so it doesn't get knocked around.
Old 07-09-03, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon, DDD, DVDempire