Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

New Mitsu going bad already? Big red flash.

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 07-05-03, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something strange is happening with my tv (Mitshu 48311, just got it 2 weeks ago). I am first time HDTV owner, sorry for a funny description of events

After July 4th movie marathon - about 10 hours watching - I turned tv off. When I got back and turned it on again, the screen stayed black - just black screen, no picture. I turned it off and on again to see if I can get it to work, and suddenly I see this enormous RED flash across the screen accompanied by weird noise, similar to static electricity. The picture then came on, right after the flash.

Now when I turn tv on, it takes a while for picture to appear; it wasn't that way before the flash.

Needless to say, I am afraid that my new Mitsu 48311 will go up in flames

Does this happened to anyone? What was that red flash? I am a first time HDTV owner and not sure what to do at this point. Can I keep watching tv?

Any advice -info is greatly appreciated. I will also post at SPOT! forum and see what those guys have to say about it.
Old 07-05-03, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: update

Definitely calling the store.

I decided to watch a movie and see what happens. It was doing ok, but about every 30 minutes the screen goes black, sound ok but no picture. Turning tv off and back on brings the picture back, but after a while, it goes black again.

/sigh
Old 07-06-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
HAd a 55" Mits for a couple years and never had a problem. Hopefully they will just get you a new one and not fix the one you have.