Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is buy.com this slow?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Is buy.com this slow?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-03, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Is buy.com this slow?

Sunday night, I ordered a Lexar thumb drive and even paid the $10 for fast shipping - rip-off. The status is STILL on "Sent to warehouse" - its been like that since Monday! I'm still waiting to hear back from CS. Should I just cancel the order (can I?) and just get it from Newegg?
Old 07-02-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when Buffy Season 4 came out I ordered it on Mon. (the day before it was released) and because I was ordering for 2 people and the other person wanted to have theirs a.s.a.p. I used the 2nd day shipping. the order sat in the Sent To Warehouse status for a week. the title was in stock and ships in 24-48 hrs. then the following week they shipped the order but due to the fact that they shipped it the following Fri. the order would not show up until Tues. of the next week. then UPS screwed up and sent it to the wrong hub so that delayed it for another day. and the whole time this was going on I had the other person hounding me about their order. every day was the same thing: did it ship yet? why not, you got 2nd day shipping? and so on. I will never do a favor for this person again.
Old 07-02-03, 05:52 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Ranger, I hope you can cancel online, because if you have to call them, it is going to cost you another $10.
Old 07-02-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I cancelled it earlier today online - according to them my request should be honored within 24 hours if they haven't already shipped it then, which I doubt they have done so.
Old 07-03-03, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Got the cancellation approved this morning, so its all good.