Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Are So Slow Lately!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-03, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ordered 5 dvd's this month of DDD and I have still only recieved 2 of them. They are so slow lately.
Two of my dvds were shipped and I recieved them a couple of days. But the other three seem to be taking forever.

T2 - Shipped 17th June
Bandits - Shipped 14th June
Face Off - 20th June

The other two were shipped on 16th June. Has anyone else being noticing these ridiculous delivery times?
Old 06-27-03, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes. I ordered my box set on the 10th and still haven't recieved it. I e-mailed them last night asking if there was a problem with the order. Well near three weeks is along time to wait.
Old 06-27-03, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I placed an order for 3 in stock titles on June 17th, and received them here in NYC yesterday (the 26th). That's well within the time frame their site specifies for the free shipping:

Standard delivery takes 5 to 12 business days for delivery.

Last edited by marty888; 06-27-03 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-27-03, 01:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I haven't had any problems with them.

Best Buy on the other hand is real close to losing me as a customer. I called on Monday to see if I could cancel my Punch Drunk Love preorder since I could just pick it up the next day and they said it was to late. Well it's 5 days later and it still hasn't shipped.
Old 06-28-03, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, the order I made on the 10th came in today (the 28th). Next time I'll pay for postage. It ought to help.
Old 06-29-03, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Was coming here to start a new thread about Deep Discount DVD when I saw this discussion. My opinion of Deep Discount has gone south. DEEP south. I've been a customer of their's since I first heard of them. I'm guessing that's been over two years. I've purchased so many DVD's, I can't remember exactly. Anyway, when I've purchased items before from them in the past, I've always paid for the cheapest shipping. And always received my order within 3 days. One time I ordered an item I was in no rush to get so I selected the free shipping option. To my surprise, knowing the website and e-mails said 5-10 business days (not 12), I got the item in about 5 business days. So I thought, why bother paying for shipping anymore? The next few items I purchased from them, I didn't pay for shipping, and all came within 5 or 6 business days. Then, all of a sudden, the items were taking longer and longer. Some right up to 10 business days. I guess my question is, why the change? Why all of a sudden did it jump from 5 to 10 days? I didn't move. They didn't move. I'm assuming these items are shipping from the same warehouse. Recently, I placed an order on Wednesday morning June 11. Four days later I get an e-mail that the item shipped that day (June 14th). Four days later!?? Here it is June 29th and I still don't have my item. I wrote DDDVD an e-mail and a day later I get a response that said:

Unfortunately, routes are not always the same and there are often large discrepancies in delivery times and sometimes it goes over the standard period of time. We suggest that you begin using the expedited Priority Mail delivery again if the time is a big factor for you.

What other routes!? I'm three freakin states away from them. Is my DVD taking a cross country road trip of the U.S.? I'm sorry, but I think thirteen (PLUS!) business days is outrageous. I've purchased items at amazon.co.uk on a Sunday and received them on Wednesday (three business days later!!!) with NO extra shipping. Of course I will be paying for shipping from now on with Deep Discount. I don't mind a few extra days. But this is ridiculous.

Also, I purchased "The Red Violin" from DDDVD and got a copy that had the problem with the subtitles (that's been reported everywhere). I contacted them and they told me to write the distributor (Lion's Gate). Which I already did. I was just letting them know too. A week later? Nothing. So I contacted Lion's Gate a second time. Two weeks later. Still nothing. I reported this to DDDVD (that I wasn't getting any response) and they haven't responded yet either. If this company doesn't change their ways, and fast, I'm gone.
Old 06-29-03, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Recently I have noticed that my deliveries from DVD Empire has been slow also(use media mail),I used to receive them 2-3 days-now its 5-7 days.I think that media mail has slowed to a snails pace.
Old 06-29-03, 10:55 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I live about an hour and a half away from them and it still takes anywhere from 4-8 days for me to get my item when it's shipped.

I think's it's the mail because when I pay for priority mail I almost always get it the day after it's shipped.
Old 06-29-03, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, DDD's free shipping is a nice 'hook' initially, but I've never received anything faster than two weeks -- usually longer. I'll gladly pay a few extra dollars for faster shipping, or sometimes just take my business elsewhere.
Old 06-29-03, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Well when I buy movies I am patient, so I will just order them and when I get them it's a nice surprise since I forget when I ordered them sometimes. I don't really mind it. If it's something I REALLY need to see right away then I will buy it in a store or pay for the fastest shipping.
Old 06-29-03, 09:33 PM

What I will like to know is have anyone ordered from them lately to ship to international locations?

I ordered on May 30th, they were shipped on June 4th. Up til
now, I haven't receive anything. I live in Singapore.

Can any international customers post their experiences?
Old 06-29-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never order from DDD with the expectations of receiving a DVD quickly. But I did have a few orders arrive about a week later than normal after shipping. And it took about two weeks for them to finally ship my order for the Vikings.
Old 06-30-03, 12:44 PM

Well I got my T2 on Saturday and the Amaray case inside the tin was all torn. So I replaced the amaray and threw away the tin case. Im still wating on bandits and face off.
Bandits has now taken 16 days as of now and Face off has taken 10.

Do you think they could have got lost in the mail?
Old 06-30-03, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by jhansla
Well I got my T2 on Saturday and the Amaray case inside the tin was all torn. So I replaced the amaray and threw away the tin case. Im still wating on bandits and face off.
Bandits has now taken 16 days as of now and Face off has taken 10.

Do you think they could have got lost in the mail?
12 business days is around 15-16 regular days thanks to weekends. After that, call them and see. When this happened to me, they sent another and the first one finally came which I sent back (ie refused for no shipping costs). My average is 10 days.
Old 06-30-03, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
14 business days (and counting) and I still don't have my order. It I don't have it by tomorrow, I'm contacting them (again) and telling them to start processing a refund. And I'll send the thing back when it gets here. Return to sender of course. I don't mind 5-10 business days. Especially when all my free orders came with 5 business days until the last few. But this is unacceptable.
Old 07-01-03, 02:51 AM
Banned

I think it might have something to do with their increasing popularity. I mean, the DDD boom was pretty recent, no?

Two weeks ago they had an ad in the Sunday NYtimes. I've never seen an online DVD store do that before.

I'm sure all of this is due just to that, an influx of new customers. What they need to do is hire more people or consider going 24/7. It's not like they won't make more money.

As for my gripes with DDD, I don't have many. I know free shipping will take forever. I do question my last order though:

Street fighter/Super Mario- Street fighter was backordered but Mario apparently shipped. 2 weeks later I got SF but still no Mario.

T2 Extreme-Back ordered but filled in later that week. Got in in about 2 weeks as well. Still no mario.

A few days ago I finally got Mario. Yeah, I've got no clue either...

Last edited by Revoltor; 07-01-03 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-02-03, 11:32 AM

Still waiting! I'm gonna give them a call at the end of the week if I still haven't recieved anything
Old 07-02-03, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In my opinion it is not DDD's fault if it takes a while to get your packages. I used to get my orders from them in just a few days. then a couple of months ago it started taking twice as long. I also thought they were lost or that 1 of my many post office deliverers just gave it to someone else. you see, in my city a postal worker doesn't have to know how to read or anything since I constantly have to send out other peoples mail that gets delivered to my house almost every day. we did have a good delivery person for a while but they ended up moving her to another area so we could usher in the next dumbass. she told me that with Media Mail they have up to 4 weeks to deliver and most of the time they just don't see a need to rush these items out. she would always deliver all mail to my house every day while others would just deliver what they want to keep their load light.
Old 07-02-03, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
I've also noticed media mail taking longer and longer, too. Not just from DDD.

It used to be that I'd get any package sent to me by media mail in about 4-5 days, whereas Priority mail would take 3-4 days. Now media mail is taking up to two weeks.
Old 07-03-03, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand these complaints. It clearly states that the free shipping is via media mail. Why you are giving DDD grief about long shipping doesn't make sense. If you want to complain to someone, complain to the post office.
Old 07-03-03, 02:46 PM

I got my face off today however I'm still waiting on Bandits. I can't understand this as this was the first one shipped out of all of them. If it comes Monday that would be a total of 23 days because of the holiday.
Old 07-06-03, 09:22 PM
Cool New Member

What I will like to know is have anyone ordered from them lately to ship to international locations?
I ordered on May 30th, they were shipped on June 4th. Up til
now, I haven't receive anything. I live in Singapore.
Can any international customers post their experiences?
Same here, I placed an order in June 1 or 2 and they were shipped on June 4, 7, 10 in 3 packages.
None of them arrived, yet.
Old 07-07-03, 06:21 AM

Originally posted by metal
Same here, I placed an order in June 1 or 2 and they were shipped on June 4, 7, 10 in 3 packages.
None of them arrived, yet.

Hi from Sydney / Australia !!!

Yep - we are having the same problems with DDD. For International Orders - the time for deliveries are now between 10 - 20 BUSINESS DAYS !! ONE MONTH !!!

But its taking OVER A MONTH for anything to come Down Under !!!

for our Aussie responses to the current DDD problems - check out

www.dvdplaza.com.au - and its forum : Non DVD Plaza Stores !!

tonyg
Old 07-07-03, 07:15 AM

As tonyjg says, times have shifted in Oz from 10-14 days to c. 5 weeks.

It's a bit disappointing because DDD was a very good supplier.
Old 07-07-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
The thing is that your order should be shipped within a business day of placing the order. If they do that, then however long it takes the PO to deliver is on the PO, not DDD. However, judging by some responses in here, DDD is not shipping their order in a timely manner.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.