Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Limited "I Drink Your Blood" has shipped!!

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI....just got word that this drive-in fav has indeed shipped!! those lucky enough to have pre-ordered it already know this...I'm sure. I wanted others to know that as far as I know...it can still be ordered for a short time at Necrophagia.com.

only 500 copies will be personally signed by director David Durston and 4 of the films stars. also, of course, individually #erd.

I'm pumped...and hope it arrives soon. anyone else order the limited disc?

peace,
Gut

Last edited by gutwrencher; 06-26-03 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-26-03, 10:16 PM

I just ordered one. Thanks for the post - I had completely forgot this one was coming out.

Roy
Old 06-26-03, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got the shipping notice, too. I hope it is actually autographed as promised. One of my main reasons for buying the limited edition was to have a Lynn Lowry autograph.

DJ
Old 06-26-03, 10:34 PM

Yeah, the Lynn Lowry autograph was a big selling point for me too. Hopefully, there will be a release of SUGAR COOKIES and an uncut version of SCORE (not likely) in the future.
Old 06-27-03, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to replace my worn-out VHS VSOM copy.

Thanks for the heads-up, gutwrencher!
Old 06-27-03, 11:48 AM

I got my shipping notification yesterday. I was a little iffy about ordering the DVD from the Necrophagia website but everything seems to have worked out okay.

I can't wait to get this disc!
Old 06-27-03, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just picked up Blue Sunshine from BB today at lunch (using the 10% coupon). Show this with I Drink Your Blood and you've got yourself a great 70's hippie horror double feature!
Old 06-27-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Roy28
Yeah, the Lynn Lowry autograph was a big selling point for me too. Hopefully, there will be a release of SUGAR COOKIES and an uncut version of SCORE (not likely) in the future.
She also has a role in Cronenberg's "Shivers" and the 1980's remake of "Cat People".

I pre-ordered "I Drink...". Looking forward to seeing the uncut version.
Old 06-27-03, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Got the Paypal/shipping confirmation yesterday:

Hello
This is just a quick email to let you know that the I DRINK YOUR BLOOD Special edition DVD that you have ordered has been shipped. It should be arriving to you soon. Thank you for your business and enjoy the Show!! Susan Necrophagia.com

It should have at least included "I Eat Your Skin" (Zombies) like the Region 2 version to justify the $35.99 price.

Can't wait!
Old 06-27-03, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by LiquidSky
She also has a role in Cronenberg's "Shivers" and the 1980's remake of "Cat People".

I pre-ordered "I Drink...". Looking forward to seeing the uncut version.
Yeah, I have the "Shivers" DVD, but for some reason or another I've never gotten around to "Cat People" - I've come close to buying it a few times but never have.

I've been tempted to pick up the "Score" dvd, but the version that's out has supposedly been heavily cut. Most of the reviews I've read say that the original version is much more interesting. Anyone know if there is an uncut version from another region?
Old 06-27-03, 05:24 PM

Originally posted by LiquidSky
Don't forget about George Romero's The Crazies, which was recently released on DVD and has a brand new interview with Lowry. She seems like a sweetheart.

DJ
Old 06-27-03, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great!! I have been waiting to hear this news! If they are numbered we should post what numbers we get.
Old 06-27-03, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ordered mine and wouldn't have had a clue about it without this thread.

Thanks!
Old 06-27-03, 10:10 PM

Originally posted by The Exister
Time to replace my worn-out VHS VSOM copy.

Thanks for the heads-up, gutwrencher!
no problem man. I knew I couldnt be the only fan of this. glad so many here are getting it....COOL!!!!!!

nazz...you're welcome also.

Last edited by gutwrencher; 06-27-03 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-27-03, 10:28 PM

Thanks for the thread... I'm a sucker for cheesy old horror movies. I'll pick this up blindly, just for the coolness factor of having my first signed dvd.. plus the trailer looked entertaining..
Old 06-27-03, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Ordered mine too. Can't wait for the confirmation and then the arrival
Old 06-28-03, 03:48 PM

Well, it looks like I may be the first to get their copy. It came via First Class mail with delivery confirmation and, although it came in a bubblepack envelope, the shipping charge was a bit high. It comes autographed as promised. The DVD case is clear and the cover is 2-sided. The back of the cover has photos and the autographs of all of the people promised (except for Lynn Lowry). There is an additional insert-sized still photo of Lynn (the famous shot of her holding the severed hand), and this insert is signed by Lynn. While it's disappointing on the one hand that she signed separately from everyone else, it's also kind of cool that she gets her own special still photo. The insert booklet has what looks to be a decent essay (I didn't get a chance to read it over much yet), and it folds out into a posters for the I Drink Your Blood/I Eat Your Skin double feature. Very nice. Overall, I'd have to say I'm very happy with the purchase. And I haven't even put the disc in the player yet (though I'm trusting the DVDManiacs review that the disc is worthy, too).

My girlfriend was kind of annoyed that I had purchased yet another DVD, but she stopped complaining when she say the Lynn Lowry autograph.

BTW, I received #83/500 (hand-numbered, too).

DJ
Old 06-28-03, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by djtoell
Well, it looks like I may be the first to get their copy. Very nice. Overall, I'd have to say I'm very happy with the purchase. And I haven't even put the disc in the player yet (though I'm trusting the DVDManiacs review that the disc is worthy, too).

thanks for all the info djtoell!! you lucky MF!!!!

now I'm even more pumped up!!!!
Old 06-28-03, 09:28 PM

Got mine today -- number 92. It's a beautiful disc although for some reason the pause and still functions are disabled during playback, which is kind of strange. However, that's a very tiny complaint for what has turned out to be one the best genre releases of the year so far. I spent all afternoon with this disc and I couldn't be happier with the purchase.
Old 06-28-03, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by chesola
Got mine today -- number 92. It's a beautiful disc although for some reason the pause and still functions are disabled during playback, which is kind of strange. However, that's a very tiny complaint for what has turned out to be one the best genre releases of the year so far. I spent all afternoon with this disc and I couldn't be happier with the purchase.
congrats and happy to hear it was a worthy buy for you! I ordered mine a little late....wonder what # I'll get? hopefully, it will be here before the 4th!!

Old 06-29-03, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got mine today as well. # 60/500!
Old 06-29-03, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by DarthMaul420
Got mine today as well. # 60/500!

let us know what you think when you've watched it.
Old 06-30-03, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My kind of film!

Watched this on my big screen. The transfer looks great to me. Didn't notice any grain. Only problem I found were scratches in the film print that was used. Not a big deal though.

Havn't looked at all the extras yet but so far they seem really cool. I also like how the cover art and keepcase match CF: Make them Die Slowly. They look nice on the shelf!

A Couple hidden things on the dvd as well ....

From "dvdmaniacs"

"the title sequence for I EAT YOU SKIN can be found on the main page, and an amazing clip of Dave Durston crooning the exploitation filmmaker's song on the Jerry Gross dedication page at the end of the DVD credits."
Old 06-30-03, 01:58 AM

I found another easter egg, too. On the bonus features menu screen, highlight the axe on the bottom left. This will make the axe chop the hanging body in half.

DJ
Old 06-30-03, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Received mine this weekend (115/500). I watched the film and all extras except the commentary and trailers.

This is a great cheesy "drive-in classic". One odd thing, Lynn Lowry's character seems to just disappear towards the end of the film.

I enjoyed the interviews with some of the cast members. Lynn still looks lovely and seems like a really cool person.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.