Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Thoughts On Deep Discount DVD...?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-03, 05:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I wasn't sure...

I was looking around and I like the price DDD has on those Twilight Zone 9-disc box sets. I've never purchased from them before and I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or complaints about their service.

Thanks.....
Old 06-26-03, 06:13 AM

First of all, the correct forum for this post would be the store forum. As far as DDD, I think they provide excellent prices, as well as nearly excellent service (I say nearly excellent because as I have had no problems with them, I have heard a few people complain about something, although if they had a feedback rating similar to ebay, they would be something like 99% positive). The only thing you need to know is that if you choose the free shipping, it ships media mail, which could take up to 10 bussiness days from the time it shipped, although I get mine in about 5 bussiness days. If you do a search you will find many, many more threads about DDD.
Old 06-26-03, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I can't recommend them enough. Their customer service is great and I get my orders within 5 days. Never had any problems with them whatsoever. Not too mention the prices are great as well!
Old 06-26-03, 08:24 AM
Banned

This is a great place to get DVD's from. The prices are great on OLDER discs and Criterions.

I'm baffled by people who suggest to buy new releases from there though.... 90% of the time I can find the disc at my local Wal-Mart or Best Buy for 5-7 dollars cheaper! To each his own.

I've bought several Criterions from them though. The service is great and it comes very quickly.
Old 06-26-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ordered dozens of DVDs from them, and in that rare instance when something goes wrong, they are very quick to correct the situation. You really can't ask for much more than that!
Old 06-26-03, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They're great, buy whatever you can off them. For those extra couple days it takes to get to you, you're saving a good amount.

I use them whenever I miss a great sale price the first week at a B&M
Old 06-26-03, 09:19 AM

What I want to know is what's wrong with their site these days? It takes forever to connect, and the search function times out with a 404 error. Are they hosted by some flaky provider, or do they run their own servers?
Old 06-26-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

with ~50 seperate orders through DDD, I've yet to encounter any problems with their service, shipping or their site. The longest an order ever took for me was about 8 days. Usually they get to me in around 5. If I ever order online, I go with DDD whenever possible.
Old 06-26-03, 10:33 AM

deepdiscountdvd.com is my dvd e-tailer of choice almost every dvd I buy online I buy from there and if there is any problem they are great about taking care of it.
Old 06-26-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DDD is great. Very responsive customer service and great deals.

Only downside is that they have slow shipping time. At least compaired to DVDPlanet.

If I place an order at DVDPlanet and at DDD, I usually get my DVDPlanet order in about 3 buisness days. DDD ususally takes about 2 weeks.

Of course, with free shipping, you can't really complain much.
Old 06-26-03, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
Slowww shipping, but otherwise superb! I don't mind waiting.
Old 06-26-03, 03:05 PM

DDD is topnotch. They usually have the best prices and I have never had any problems with the discs. Shipping is a bit on the slow side but you can always upgrade the shipping....
Old 06-26-03, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by kwbdc
DDD is topnotch. They usually have the best prices and I have never had any problems with the discs. Shipping is a bit on the slow side but you can always upgrade the shipping....
...which makes using DDD pretty pointless. When you upgrade the shipping, it pretty much makes them like any other e-tailer...Buy.com, Amazon, whoever.

You're saving money because they're saving money on shipping (and other costs I'm sure). If you're smart, you can figure a way to use this wait and low price to your advantage
Old 06-26-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another vote of confidence for DDDVD.

Even their pre-orders are pretty competitive!
Old 06-26-03, 04:20 PM
Suspended

I love DDD they have the best prices just about all of the time. Thier shipping has gotten a little faster in the last month, for me at least.
Old 06-26-03, 04:41 PM

If you're really in no rush for new releases, wait until a day or two after the release date to place your order. They typically drop their prices to match everyone else.
Old 06-26-03, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nothing but positive experiences with DDD, and I've ordered from them many times.
Old 06-27-03, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll add my kudos for DDD, they're great!

I've only had 1 problem with them regarding a lost disc, but they were quick to send out a duplicate shipment at no additional charge to me.

As was said before their Customer Service is top notch.
Old 06-27-03, 05:12 AM
Banned

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
Old 06-27-03, 10:07 PM

I've ordered from them many times. Only thing is the return service is slooooow. Sent them a defective disk and it arrived there within 3 days...took two weeks to process a refund and ship another out, and another two weeks for me to receive replacement.

There website doesnt offer as much details about the order as other websites such as buy.com or bestbuy.com.

Also, forget contacting them by phone...they sent me an email telling me to call in a price match and *I spent 30 minutes on hold before I gave up. Tried the next few days with the same result. On the 3rd day, someone picked up and they transfered me to the "web" department where it rang and rang before I heard someone pick up the phone only to hang up. I guess the constant ringing was bothering them. I finally gave up. This was a few months ago but hopefully they turned things around.

Other than that they're ok. Can't really beat their price though...
Old 06-28-03, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I called in for a pricematch at one time and it was very quick. I forget when I did this though.
Old 06-28-03, 04:17 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I tried them for the first time right after they were updating the system a few months back. Actually I ended up placing 3 orders, and had 3 problems. I ended up not even using the coupons they gave me for all the problems because I couldn't take all the phone calls I had to make to fix one problem after the next.
Old 06-29-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
To me, they're the "old reliable" vendor, when you can't find a better deal anywhere else, you know you can get it for the lowest price at DDD.