Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Bionic Jive -- complete collection!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-03, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to make a note of this -- hope it's not counted as spam.

Bionic Jive put out a great album -- "Armageddon Through Your Speakers" a year or two ago, which included among other pieces the "Ricochet" song they've played over the trailers for "The Transporter" and "Italian Job". I like rap over rock music a LOT, and this is one of the best bands I've heard in a while -- kinda funny -- 3 whiteboy musicians and two hardcore black rappers -- it's a great combo. Their work is also a lot more socially relevant IMO than the vast majority of stuff out there. Highly recommended.

Anyway, the band basically broke up to pursue some other job opportunities, but the guitarist is putting together one last album on his own -- all the tracks they've ever recorded in one two disc set. Over 30, including soundtrack pieces, b-sides, remixes, collaborations, etc. It's only $15 + s&h and you have to order from him directly -- paypal or otherwise.

If anyone's interested, you can email him at [email protected]
Old 07-24-03, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently a couple of people checked in on my last message so I'll just post an update.

Just got my copy in the mail last night.
Two CDs in a double Amaray case -- well the kind that has a spindle on both inside covers. Decent cover with a few typos. The CDs themselves look pretty nice -- not too shabby for one guy doing this on the side as a final project. Ripped disk 2 after listening to it last night and ripping disk one right now.

Track Listing:
Bionic Jive: Rare and Unreleased
Disk 1:
Bringing the Fire
I'll Get By
Bleeding Red
Everyday
Soldier (rock remix) - eminem
Amp Energy Interview
Universal Solder (feat. The Judge)
Kill 'em with Rhymes
Still Fly (rock remix) - Big Tymers
Fight Music (rock remix)
Save Me
Oh Yeah (rock remix) - Big Tymers
Rhymes They Be Live
I'm Trippin'

Disk 2:
Hard to Breathe
Stripper
Headbleed
Better Man
Summer in the City (remix)
Wil' Out
Break the Chains
Club Roar
Freaks
Goodbye
Hands to the Roof
Kerosene
I Shot Lucifer
Pump
Ricochet
Rock On
Walking with Shadows
Shut 'em Down
Swarm

33 total tracks for $17.50 including s&h is really good IMO. Some really great stuff. There're a lot of songs here that I hadn't heard before. Mostly Disk 1 and the first half of disk 2. The second half of disk 2 is actually the same as the original album, but I guess they're what you'd call "B-sides" or something. They're not the final cuts that made the actual album -- some have different riffs, or different stylings than the album. So basically even if you already have the main album, this is a great addition with some completely different twists on some really great tracks.

Personally I was hoping for some more collaborations, but I guess they never really got big enough for that to happen.

I'd give it 8/10 or so. It's a great collection with a stack of great tracks, and everything is really well mastered. Just wish the band had stayed together. Such a great change from everything else out there. If you're interested in this, I'd recommend firing off an email to the guy I mentioned in the first post - larry Love. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still taking orders.

http://www.bionicjive.net

Last edited by Tuan Jim; 07-24-03 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-24-03, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts
not a fan, but these guys are from AZ.