Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Getting Mitsu 48311 today :)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-03, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally took the plunge and bought one; I am so excited. With delivery and 2 y warranty, it was $ 1850.

I have bought Avia disc; salesguy said they calibrate tv before delivery. I assume that by calibrating he meant taking down brightness etc. Well, anyway, I hope this will work out for me, stack of dvd's is here ready to 'prime' the tv

Now, I don't have a new cabinet for my dvd player, receiver, etc, so I was going to put the dvd player on top of the tv (just for a few weeks). It is slim Pany RP82, would that be ok - it really isn't very heavy.

By the way, where do I get some cheap surge protector?
Old 06-16-03, 05:37 PM

If you are going to put the dvd player on the set, make sure you put the front "feet" of the dvd player on the frame (which holds the shields and stuff).

Congrats on your new purchase. Hope you enjoy it.

Also, i don't know about buying a cheap surge protector... I would spend it on a reputable company with a decent warranty behind it... it would be a shame for your 2k tv to go down due to a faulty surge protector..
Old 06-16-03, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
run, don't walk, to hometheaterspot.com. The setup the store does isn't worth a darn. In fact, I believe the Mitsus reset to full-bloom contrast and superduper color mode when they're unplugged and powered up again.

HTS will (with membership) give you all the secrets to *really* tweak the mitsus, and plenty of available help on their forums. You'll want to straighten out the grid and adjust the overscan, for starters. After the set is broken in, of course.
Old 06-17-03, 12:01 AM

re:

They just brought it in - hehe- this wasn't 'white glove' delivery, guys were sort of skinny and were having hard time carrying that thing. I was kinda afraid that they won't make it through stairs and tight corners.

I went through Avia disc tests, and the picture looks lovely.
I watched Monsters Inc and some other stuff. Sweet, sweet, did I mention sweet

I'll give it some time and then do stuff recommended on HTS. Home Theater Spot is The Place!
Thanks for recommending it.
Old 06-17-03, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
I have this set, and I love it. Congrats on your purchase. Don't forget that you have to adjust brightness, etc for each input, so calibrating with Avia DVD does nothing for your "normal" TV or HDTV viewing.

I also had stuff stacked on top. I actually had all my components there until I could get a shelf built. It was never really a problem, but it sure made me nervous and I certainly didn't like having all that weight sitting on top of the set.