Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Outlaw Golf

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-03, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outlaw Golf

For some reason i picked this game up the other day cuz i was in Ebgames with nothing to buy and boy am i loving it. I am no big golf fan, i dont even like it at all to tell you the truth, but ive been playing this game non stop. First of all its incredibly humerous, the announcer makes some good hits and the characters are real lively. Although its quite difficult i think, but still very addictive. Too bad i bought it as a two game combo with some crap named Seablade, but for $14.99, you cant go wrong. This game has got me interested in the upcoming Outlaw Volleyball and the next Outlaw Golf. So any you guys play this game? Its quite fun, i recommend it.
Old 06-12-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah - this is one of the games I always try to recommend. It's alot of fun even for people who aren't into golf - and probably moreso for people who aren't into golf. Outlaw Volleyball (played it at E3) doesn't seem like it has the same magic that this one does, but I'm still gonna pick it up and I'm certainly gonna pick up OG2. There was an Outlaw Golf - 9 holes of Christmas game that came out last winter. That was alot of fun as well - and cheap. Plus, the announcer was funnier than in the original. Worth picking up if you can find it.
Old 06-12-03, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
Yeah - this is one of the games I always try to recommend. It's alot of fun even for people who aren't into golf - and probably moreso for people who aren't into golf. Outlaw Volleyball (played it at E3) doesn't seem like it has the same magic that this one does, but I'm still gonna pick it up and I'm certainly gonna pick up OG2. There was an Outlaw Golf - 9 holes of Christmas game that came out last winter. That was alot of fun as well - and cheap. Plus, the announcer was funnier than in the original. Worth picking up if you can find it.

its funny that you mention the 9 Holes of X-Mas becuase i just bought it on Ebay for $6.99 like 2 days ago. I remember hearing about how it was gonna be released on one of the OXM discs and then it became like a Blockbuster exclusive or something like that. Any how, i hope that Outlaw Golf 2 has a create a golfer mode, since i hear OV will have one.
Old 06-12-03, 06:41 AM

I just picked up the bundle a week ago too and I can't stop playing it. It's actually a very intense golf game once you get into it. I also have Hot shots 3 and to tell the truth, I think I like this game better.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thegame370
[B]its funny that you mention the 9 Holes of X-Mas becuase i just bought it on Ebay for $6.99 like 2 days ago.

It's funny that you mentioned that you just picked up the X-Mas 9 holes on Ebay Two days ago because I brobably was bidding against you for it. OH well, I'll get one sooner or later.

Anyway, Great game. I highly recommend it to anyone with an XBOX.
Old 06-12-03, 07:14 AM

I can't seem to get the range down right, especially with putting. It says to go 50 percent and I go halfway but my ball ends up like 5 inches in front of me. I don't understand. It is really beginning to get me mad. I usually three putt or so.
Old 06-12-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that line that is shown tells you exactly how far your ball will go...so strretch it out far enough.
Old 06-12-03, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
When you're putting, place the circle past the hole. In golf - as I understand - you're supposed to putt towards an imaginary hole that's like six inches past the one you're actually aiming for. There's a button you can press that'll show you where your ball will go if you hit it just right.
Old 06-12-03, 03:41 PM

Outlaw Golf had to be one of the biggest surprises of last year.

I mean, really... previews that mentioned strippers beating up caddies in a game from Simon & Schuster?!? How did not end up being the BMX XXX of golf?

Hats off to everyone involved for making a worthwhile non-HSG clone.

Hot Shots executes what it attempts to do perfectly; there's little to no room to improve upon when using that approach. So while Outlaw Golf may not have been the 'better' game, it was a very welcome change of pace.
Old 06-12-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DARTH GAMER
[B]I just picked up the bundle a week ago too and I can't stop playing it. It's actually a very intense golf game once you get into it. I also have Hot shots 3 and to tell the truth, I think I like this game better.

Originally posted by thegame370
its funny that you mention the 9 Holes of X-Mas becuase i just bought it on Ebay for $6.99 like 2 days ago.

It's funny that you mentioned that you just picked up the X-Mas 9 holes on Ebay Two days ago because I brobably was bidding against you for it. OH well, I'll get one sooner or later.

Anyway, Great game. I highly recommend it to anyone with an XBOX.
I got the 9 Holes of X-mas by using the Buy It Now option, so dont worry, it wasnt me
Old 06-13-03, 07:43 PM

OG ROCKS

I picked up 9-holes of xmas @ Toys-R-Us for 4.99 today..in Austin Texas
Old 06-14-03, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen a few TRUs that have it in my area, that was a few weeks ago though.
Old 06-14-03, 12:41 AM

is this game on PS2 and is it a greatest hits game
Old 06-14-03, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
X-Box exclusive release during X-mas. It's not a full game, just 9 holes with a winter/x-mas theme.