Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

HKflix.com inventory problems?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-04-03, 04:26 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since Nov. 2002, I have been ordering discs from HKflix.com on a monthly basis. The exception is this month, June. Recent orders have not been totally filled because the discs (So Close, Bichunmoo, etc.) were out-of-stock. Apparently this has become a big problem for them as I have been receiving baseball trading card-sized coupons for free shipping on future orders because of the backorder situation.

Their web site, however, continues to list these discs as in-stock. I have used their backorder web page (multiple times) to point out that their site lists the backorders as "in stock" and when should I expect the shipment. I have received no response. The coupon is nice, but I hestitate to place any new orders because I don't trust their web site anymore.

I want to continue my business relationship with this company. I ordered my region free player from them, also. Anyone hear if they are having problems. I want to give them one last chance before I cancel my backorders and find the discs elsewhere.

Thanks.
Old 06-04-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: HKflix.com inventory problems?

Originally posted by geodi
I want to continue my business relationship with this company. I ordered my region free player from them, also. Anyone hear if they are having problems. I want to give them one last chance before I cancel my backorders and find the discs elsewhere.
I ordered a DVD player from them and had a great experience, but their prices for most every DVD are significantly higher than HK sites like dddhouse or dvdshelf. If they're causing you any grief at all, I suggest shopping somewhere significantly cheaper.