Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD and lost discs

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-03, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts

I have a DVD that shipped almost 2 weeks ago and it hasn't arrived. Free shipping usually takes me a week. It'll be 10 business days tomorrow and I'll probably have to get in touch with them about it.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and whether their experience with DDD was positive or not. First time I've had a prob in over a year with them.

Thanks.
Old 06-03-03, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, I had a lost disc with them.

I waited until the end of the period when they said I should have had it. I emailed them and they apologized for the missing shipment and immediately sent me out a new one free of charge.

They also said that if the other disc ever showed up, just write "return to sender" on the package and it would be taken care of. Within 5 days I had the replacement, but the other disc never showed up, so I guess it got lost somewhere in the "postal abyss."
Old 06-03-03, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Not to worry - I had one that never arrived, a friend had a $60 box set that did not arrive - and both were replaced without hesitation.

It's because they are reliable and customer friendly that I continue shopping with them.
Old 06-03-03, 12:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I might not remember this correctly, but I believe you have to wait 30 days if they shipped it standard before they send a replacement. If I am off, someone please correct me.
Old 06-03-03, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RonG617
I might not remember this correctly, but I believe you have to wait 30 days if they shipped it standard before they send a replacement. If I am off, someone please correct me.

I don't think so. Happened to me once, they shipped a replacement within three weeks.

What you may be thinking of is that the postal service, if you send something with delivery confirmation or whatever, will not try to track down a package until 30 days after it was sent.
Old 06-03-03, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had one go missing resently (the PO actually returned it to them). They asked me to wait until the 15th business day before they would send a replacement.

The replacement arrived in about 5 days.
Old 06-06-03, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does Deep Discount respond to their customer service emails?

I emailed them 2 days ago about my missing disc and have yet to hear anything from them except their automated reply that states a (1) business day response.

I guess this means I'll have to get them on the phone for this.
Old 06-08-03, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heard back from DDD. The disc wasn't lost. Turns out the item was out of stock even though it wasn't listed as such at the time I ordered.

Also, they sent me the wrong email. Instead of a shipping notice, it should have stated out of stock. I still don't know why the order said completed on their site but in any case they say the disc is now in stock and should ship this week.

First major problem I've had. Hopefully I won't have any others anytime soon.