Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon annoyance

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon annoyance

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-03, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Amazon annoyance

Okay, this is a kind of small one, but it's a minor pain in the ass.

When I go to Amazon's site, they have a little bar at the top with tabs for their various stores.

It reads -- Welcome/Books/Apparel/Electronics/Toys/DVD/Tools/See More Stores

Now, I find it annoying because the only "stores" on Amazon I ever use are books, music, and DVD.

Now, say I'm looking at books, and I want to see a DVD or CD. When I'm books, I don't have a Music or DVD tab, so I have to click "See More Stores" and then click on the store I want.

The book pages don't even had a search function with a drop-down menu for the Music or CD option. The closest is "all stores."

Is this a case of Amazon trying to push their other stores, like Tools, Toys, Apparel, Gardening, whatever on me? I have a hard time believing that a site with Amazon's popularity and web presence would "accidently" make their site so inconvenient. Yeah, granted it's a somewhat small kvetch, but I know these things are designed with ease of use in mind, and I'd be surprised if Books, Music, and DVD weren't Amazon's three most popular stores by a long stretch. Yet it's conspicuous that they're often hidden.

By comparison, the amazon.co.uk site has about twice as many tabs as the US version.
Old 05-31-03, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I was the only one feeling anal about those useless tabs!
Old 05-31-03, 04:21 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have this problem with their website too. I ended up bookmarking the DVD store
Old 05-31-03, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by eau
I have this problem with their website too. I ended up bookmarking the DVD store
The DVD Store is "bookmarked" right at the top of this very page - and using THAT link (rather than your own bookmark) is an easy way to help support DVDTalk.