Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reviews for Er, Um...... Finding Nemo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-03, 10:53 AM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reviews for Er, Um...... Finding Nemo?

Specifically for the xbox but I'm pretty sure the game will be the same across all platforms/consoles.

Yeah, I'm caving in and buying an xbox game for my 4 year old daughter. Normally I restrict her to the N64 in the Den but she's really taken to playing MechAssault in our HT (she loves DD 5.1).

Pandora's xbox is now open. Maybe it's time to purchase a 2nd xbox.
Old 05-25-03, 11:57 PM

bought it for my 2 year old.... he loves it!

Waiting for him to pickup the controller and truly understand what he's doing on the screen. He sees that he's moving the fish around, but he won't understand any part of it for a while longer.

Time to get in line for the movie....
Old 05-26-03, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally posted by juanmgonzalez
bought it for my 2 year old.... he loves it!

Waiting for him to pickup the controller and truly understand what he's doing on the screen. He sees that he's moving the fish around, but he won't understand any part of it for a while longer.

Time to get in line for the movie....

cool but how does it play BUNGHOLE!... Is it better than HALO?... ure REVIEW sucks!... and URE 2 year old is COOL and can beat ure ass anytime on the X-BOX!... TAKE HIM TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!

later BRO[ther]
[damn I hope tha it's u]
Old 05-26-03, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm......
Old 05-26-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts
I wonder if the PC game is identical. It's $14.99 at BB and still has the movie pass. I'd prefer the PS2 version, but doubt it's really worth $40.
Old 05-26-03, 10:41 AM

Played it on the gcube over at my friends house the other day and its a very pretty, very basic platformer. Best way i can describe the game is its a simplier version of crash bandicoot....sometimes you can only move from side to side collecting umm candy type looking things and swimming through hoops made of bubbles and some times you get the pseudo 3-d style chasing some fish guy dealy. Dunno how the load times are for other systems but load times for the GC version suck....i'm talkin bout 30 seconds to a minute each time the thing has to load....and frankly it has to load alot. But yes, for a little kid I think it'd be great for anyone else.....I guess if you can find it for dirt cheap.
Old 05-29-03, 07:26 PM

$39 - $5 Best Buy Coupon - $6 Movie Coupon = good deal for me

My son asks to play the game each time that he's in the living room.

He picks up the case for the game and won't stop until I hand the controller over to him.

After a 4-5 minutes of seeing that he could only move the fish to the far left of the screen, he then gives it to me. He's only 2, so his attention span isn't that great right now.

Like Cuman said, it's a real basic game, but should be great for the kids out there.

Load times are fine in the Xbox version - around 5-10 seconds while going to a different level.
Old 05-29-03, 10:45 PM

My 6 yr old has been wanting it but I wanted to hear from other sources like this thread before I bought it.

I'm glad to see someone was brave enough to ask about this game. I'll be picking it up for my daughter tomorrow as I need to calm her Halo playing self down a little from shooting the dog with with what she calls her "Needler" gun ( her toy gun that shoots multiple rubber bands) . The dog has been living in hell with little Miss Master Chief running around lately.
Old 05-29-03, 11:20 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by WOWZY
My 6 yr old has been wanting it but I wanted to hear from other sources like this thread before I bought it.

I'm glad to see someone was brave enough to ask about this game. I'll be picking it up for my daughter tomorrow as I need to calm her Halo playing self down a little from shooting the dog with with what she calls her "Needler" gun ( her toy gun that shoots multiple rubber bands) . The dog has been living in hell with little Miss Master Chief running around lately.

Yeah, my daughter loves going CO-OP on The Flood. An intense round of Halo gets her all riled up worse than a bag of Skittles.
Old 05-30-03, 10:20 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Still thinking about this, I bought the Piglet game at BB a few weeks ago for $15... maybe I'll get the FN game to get the free ticket for my kid... we'll see.

But those load times for the GC suck.