Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

British DVD Help-Relic Hunter Advice Please?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-03, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There seems to be 2 different companies releasing a DVD entitled "Relic Hunter".

On Amazon.Com there are the following listings:

Relic Hunter - Vol. 1 - The Legend Of The Lost
Release Information:
Starring: Tia Carrere, Christien Anholt, et al.
Director: Ian Toynton, John Bell,
Edition Details:
• Region 2 encoding (Europe, Middle East & Japan only)
• Box set, PAL
• Number of discs: 2
• ASIN: B000067NQN
• Catalogue Number: KLT61002"
List Price: £19.99

and....

Relic Hunter - Vols. 1 And 2
Release Information:
Studio: Ilc Prime
DVD Release Date: 21 April, 2003
Edition Details:
• Region 2 encoding (Europe, Middle East & Japan only)
• PAL
• ASIN: B000087I1F
• Catalogue Number: IPD10757
List Price: £9.99

Can anyone tell me if these are the same title? Just rereleased at a much lower price?

And does anyone know if there is any plans to release this television show on DVD in the USA?

Thanks.

thomas
Old 05-11-03, 09:34 PM

The ones from ILC Prime (9.99) are Season 1, 4:3 full screen and are 2 episodes edited together into a 'movie' on each disc. Transfer quality is ... ehhhh....

The ones from Contender Entertainment Group (19.99) are 5 or 6 episodes in each box, Season 2, 16:9 WIDESCREEN ANAMORPHIC with extras (making of's, interviews, bloopers). There are 4 2-disc box sets and I recommend these HIGHLY.

There are no season 3 releases known.

I would suggest getting the Contender releases QUICKLY. Rights issues apparently are rearing their head.

There was supposed to be a R1 release of Season 1, but after draggin on for some months, it has changed to a 'best of the series' set from seasons 1 and 2, all in 4:3 fullscreen...

the S2 from Contender are the best available at this time.

Last edited by Londo; 05-14-03 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-11-03, 10:48 PM

Thanks for the tip! I cancilled my initial order from Amazon for the repackaged versions. They sound horrible!
Old 05-14-03, 08:38 AM

A Canadian site called Global TV advertises Relic Hunder, Season 1 (22 episodes) for $99.99 Canadian.

Last edited by BigT; 05-14-03 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-14-03, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by BigT
A Canadian site called Global TV advertises Relic Hunder, Season 1 (22 episodes) for $99.99 Canadian.
That's the one that was going to happen (4:3 release).. if you had a pre-order from them, you would have gotten this email recently...

Dear loyal Relic Hunter Fan.

First and foremost, thank you very much for your order of the Relic Hunter Season One DVD set. We have been working hard on the release and were hoping/expecting to start shipping this month (April).

Due to unfortunate circumstances, we have had to change the project around, essentially pushing the shipping date by a few months, and the DVD set will now be a 'best of the best' from seasons one and two.

We eagerly hope that you will keep your order placed, and sincerely apologize to all of you for yet another bump in our road to success with this release. The new release dates have not been finalized as there is quite a bit of work to be done with the content revision, however we estimate that all of those who ordered online will get their sets shipped to them sometime this summer.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for this, and we hope that you will embrace the fact that we are combining seasons one & two for you.

Yours truly, thank you kindly in advance for understanding.

The Fireworks Team.
Cancellations are running high...
Old 05-15-03, 08:32 AM

So did Contender only release the second season? Thats all I can find on Benson's World.