Reload this Page >

Any Fans of TNN's MXC?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Any Fans of TNN's MXC?

Old 05-10-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Fans of TNN's MXC?

Most Extreme Elimination Challange has reached a pinnacle of broadcasting excellence. It's sort of a cross between Iron Chefs and Mystery Science Theatre 3000. The fictitious commentating is top notch, and watching people hurt themselves is funny too.

I used to watch Takeshi's Castle on German satellite, and this is similar stunts, only with funny remarks as well, such as:
And he goes into a 90 degree fisterton!

And featuring the Taco Bell impact replay.

I highly recommend this show.
Old 05-10-03, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Holy Cow...
I nearly puked from laughing so much!

I love it, even without the commentary it was great. I was wishing so much for that one guy who was diving head-first into the fake/real doors to hit a real one. I know I would have definately wet myself if he had.

Would have been worth it though!

Neitzl
Old 05-28-03, 03:35 PM

This show had me peeing myself when I first came upon it.

One question I have is...why do all the contestants run at full speed into whatever stunt they are doing!? I thought it must be a rule in the Japanese show that just doesn't get talked about on our end, but then I see a few people taking their time with the stunts and they don't seem to get penalized.

That guy that was running full force, head first into the doors is a perfect example, he was definitley insane.

Anyone see the guy that tried to do a backflip before he started his pond stunt. He didn't make it, landed on his head.
Old 05-28-03, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Is anyone familiar with the original show (Takeshi's castle)? What are these people playing for? How do they even win?

I was definitely rooting for that headfirst guy to ram into the wall, and it turns out that he's the first one to make it through! Argh. Loved the rollerskating horses. Still, it's good only in small doses.
Old 05-28-03, 04:53 PM
Banned

They keep re-running the same 5-6 episodes, it's getting boring IMO
Old 05-28-03, 05:15 PM
Banned

Some info on Takeshi's Castle
Old 05-29-03, 12:00 PM

I saw it for the first time this weekend and I almost wet myself. I couldn't believe how funny it was. Then they showed another episode immediately after and I got a little bored.

Has my attention span gotten that short?

Still, those people trying to run over those big rollers....and the lady who falls face first into them...and the Taco Bell replay. Oh, so funny.