Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What actors/actresses are you an expert of?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-03, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In other words, do you have a favorite actor/actress that you have the most knowledge about? Do you know a lot about his/her filming career? Do you know a lot about his/her private home life? Do you know a lot about what they do other than filming movies?

Besides the obvious Stallone (have a Sly question, ask me, I've folllowed his career ever since I was a kid)....

I'm going to say Angelina Jolie. She is my number one favorite actress who I worship just like way I worship Stallone.
Other than Angelina's hot looks, I love her acting. I've researched Angelina's career and life for a long time, by reading biographical books, the internet, TV, magazines, etc.

I'm really looking forward to "Tomb Raider 2: the Cradle of Life"....

*prays that one day Sly and Angelina will play in a movie together*
Old 05-05-03, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: What actors/actresses are you an expert of?

Originally posted by Rocky_Stallone

Besides the obvious Stallone (have a Sly question, ask me, I've folllowed his career ever since I was a kid)....

Ok. Why hasn't he made a good movie since Rocky?
Old 05-05-03, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: What actors/actresses are you an expert of?

Originally posted by evenflowddt
Ok. Why hasn't he made a good movie since Rocky?
Everyone's a comedian

I have a question. Was there ever any real romance between Stallone and Talia Shire?? Those two had awesome onscreen chemistry in all of the Rocky movies...suprised they never ended up together

Oh and whatever happened to his son?? After Rocky 5 and a TV appearance on a talk show, I never seen him in another movie after that....especially after his Sly said he looked like Eddie Munster lol!
Old 05-05-03, 07:23 PM
Banned

Guys, just answer the simple question, stay on topic and don't be such an idiot just because I mentioned Stallone.
Old 05-05-03, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guys, just answer the simple question, stay on topic and don't be such an idiot just because I mentioned Stallone.
I was being serious

As for me being an Expert on a given actor/actress..... I would more or less have to say Van Damme. Yeah yeah, I know....but I own all his films and they all have that cheesy appeal. How can you not like that accent YOO OF OLL PEEPOH SHOOD KNO DAT I WOOD NEBER IN MY LIFE WEAR BLOCK SEELK HONDERWEAR!!
Old 05-05-03, 07:28 PM
Banned

And no, Stallone had never had a real life relationship with Talia Shire. He is married to a former supermodel named Jennifer Flavin now and they have 4 children together.

Sage latest film was "Daylight" in which he also played with his father. I'm not sure why he stopped acting, maybe he thought it wasn't his thing and wanted to pursue other careers.
Old 05-05-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by jessecrx
YOO OF OLL PEEPOH SHOOD KNO DAT I WOOD NEBER IN MY LIFE WEAR BLOCK SEELK HONDERWEAR!!

On a serious note, I would have to say Ed Norton. I read alot about him & own all of his movies. I however do not worship him before going to sleep at night.
Old 05-05-03, 07:37 PM
Banned

that Van Damme comment made me laugh too, good one
Old 05-05-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh jes! Beeg sooprise! Huuuuge SOOPRISE!!

Ok, another question on Stallone.

Did he ever do full contact figh scenes in any of his movies?? I swear, some of those punches in his movies look sofaking real!!
Old 05-05-03, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Al Pacino - Seeing The Godfather for the first time about two years ago is when I first really noticed Pacino. After that I checked out Scarface, and was hooked. Over the last few months I've watched pretty much every movie of his multiple times, and wrote a paper over some of his movies for my film class this semester, which my professor said was one of the best papers he had read, and "shows true passion for the works of Pacino." I wouldn't call myself an expert quite yet, but I have read up quite a lot about him lately.
Aside from him, Arnold Schwarzenegger, as I've always been a huge fan of his 80's action films, as well as Hercules In New York.
Old 05-05-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've read quite a few biographies on Orson Welles. While he's no Stallone, he did have a pretty interesting life.
Old 05-06-03, 05:37 AM
Banned

Originally posted by jessecrx
Oh jes! Beeg sooprise! Huuuuge SOOPRISE!!

Ok, another question on Stallone.

Did he ever do full contact figh scenes in any of his movies?? I swear, some of those punches in his movies look sofaking real!!
Yeah, Sly did most of his own stunts in many of his action films.
Old 05-06-03, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Re: What actors/actresses are you an expert of?

I'm going to say Angelina Jolie. She is my number one favorite actress who I worship just like way I worship Stallone.
Other than Angelina's hot looks, I love her acting. I've researched Angelina's career and life for a long time, by reading biographical books, the internet, TV, magazines, etc.

I'm really looking forward to "Tomb Raider 2: the Cradle of Life"....

*prays that one day Sly and Angelina will play in a movie together*
I guess I'm not much of an expert on anybody anymore... but I used to be an expert on alot of people - Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Terry Gilliam, blah blah blah... It's just that once something becomes mainstream and popular, I lose interest.

Cyborg starring Van Damme was one of my favorite movies for a long time and when Cyborg 2 came out, I couldn't wait to see it... that's when I took notice of Angelina Jolie. It was her first movie (not counting the one where she was just a kid). When I found out she was gonna be in Hackers, it became a must-see for me. When I saw her with short hair, I was kinda disappointed. I still liked the movie alot though. I never researched her or anything and I haven't seen all her movies, so you may be a bigger fan than I ever was - I'm just sayin that I go back old school.
Old 05-06-03, 09:02 AM

I'm not really an expert on any actor. I don't really have any interest in them outside of liking some of the movies they're in.

Last edited by C Roberts; 05-06-03 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-06-03, 09:15 AM
Banned

Originally posted by C Roberts
I'm not really an expert on any actor. I don't really have any interest in them outside of liking some of the movies they're in.
Just what I was gonna say. I could careless what these shallow-greedy-obnoxious-overpaid actors are like outside the movies they're in.
Old 05-06-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ToddSm66
I've read quite a few biographies on Orson Welles. While he's no Stallone, he did have a pretty interesting life.
I'm with you. I have an entire bookshelf of Welles biographies. Certainly my most researched actor (although I'm more interested in his directorial skills). Interesting that he's almost at the opposite end of the spectrum from the others listed here (Stallone, Van Damme, Arnold).
Old 05-06-03, 10:25 AM
Banned

I'm an expert on everyone as long as IMDB and allmovie are up.
Old 05-06-03, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

not an expert on anyone, and honestly, i wouldn't want to be. however i did do a little digging on vincent gallo, after hearing some stuff on a buffalo 66 thread. while he seems completely arrogant and a prick, his life is somewhat interesting esp since i knew nothing of it. even checked out his website, pretty funny, some highlights:

"If you'd like to send a nude photo of yourself and you were BORN a female, please do so by posting the photograph elsewhere and typing the URL in this form."

"The following is a list of items I am currently seeking. Let’s not turn this page into a waste of my time, or I will never direct another film."

imdb quote:

"I stopped painting in 1990 at the peak of my success just to deny people my beautiful paintings. And I did it out of spite."

another interesting person is actually Dolph Lundgren,

"Speaks five languages: Swedish, English, German, French and Japanese."

"Lundgren attended the Royal Institute of Technology. Spending time abroad in the United States on various academic scholarships, he attended Washington State University and Clemson in South Carolina. In 1982, he received a scholarship to complete his Masters degree in Chemical Engineering at the University of Sydney in Australia. The following year, he was awarded a Fullbright Scholarship to the world-renowned Massachusetts Institute of Technology. While on his way to Boston to continue his studies, he stopped to New York City and there his life took a radical turn."(Acting)

"A world-class athlete, Lundgren took up martial arts at 14 and has achieved his third degree black belt). His accomplishments in the sport include being the captain of the Swedish full-contact karate team and the winner of the European Heavyweight Full-Contact Karate Championship in 1980 and 1981, as well as the Australian heavyweight division title in 1982. Lundgren's lifelong interest in physical fitness led to his 1987 workout video called Maximum Potential. In addition to his karate expertise, Lundgren was selected to serve as the Team Leader of the 1996 U.S. Olympic Pentathlon Team."
Old 05-06-03, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not an actor, but I'd say I am an expert on Dario Argento. He's my favorite director, I've read every book on him, own all his movies available on DVD & just about every movie he is involved in.

I'm also pretty knowledgable on Arnold & Jackie Chan
Old 05-06-03, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jackie Chan and Quentin Tarentino
Old 05-06-03, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by karnblack
Jackie Chan...........
Okay, let me ask you this, Does he have a son or is that a rumor? And what is his real Chinese name? (not the popular Chinese name but the real Chinese name.)
Old 05-11-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Old 05-11-03, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

nicholson
Old 05-11-03, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Affleck and Mewes
Old 05-11-03, 10:09 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Bruce Lee

Jackie Chan to a lesser degree

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.