Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Search engines or lists for region-free DVDs?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-03, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any websites (whether etailer sites or not) that have search engines that include specifying "region 0" or "region free" as part of your search criteria?

I did a search in this forum, but only came up with Multiregion DVD PriceChecker which doesn't allow for searches of all region 0 releases; i.e. you have to enter at least two characters in the search string.

Alternately, somewhere with a list would be okay too, I suppose.

This would make it most helpful in finding all the DVDs that I can currently play on my non-region-free player.

Thanks. (And sorry if this has been asked before. I searched first. )

Figured I'd start a new thread in addition to my Advice: Justify region-free player please thread. This one is more specific in terms of region free discs themselves and may be seen by more people.
Old 05-01-03, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, another thing I'd need would be whether or not the disc was in NTSC or PAL format. Since I'm in the US, I'd need NTSC and region 0 or 1 to play on my current player.
Old 05-02-03, 12:32 AM

http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3
Old 05-02-03, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the link funkydjmcescher, but that site doesn't really help for what I'm specifically looking for--as far as I can tell. What I'd like is a site where you can search for or browse through all the region 0 titles, for example.

Hmm... Maybe I didn't make myself clear in the first post.

In simplest form, click a link for "region 0" and you're presented with every single region 0 release on the market. Or click to search for every single region 0 release (i.e. nothing else in the search field in terms of title) and it spits out all of them.

The link you posted is similar to the one I posted where you have to know the title for the movie you're searching for. The site you posted returns reviews (very helpful) and the site I posted returns prices (albeit in GBP, but the links are clickable to see the US price).

At any rate, thank you. Great resource for reviews.
Old 05-06-03, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 05-06-03, 06:54 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here's a list of Region 0 dvds that are considered better than discs from other regions:

http://www.dvdcompare.org.uk/compari...region&param=0
Old 05-06-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

cygnet74: Thanks. I have seen that though. I think it's in one of the sticky posts in this forum. It's a good starting point, but I'd love to find a definitive list of region 0 titles. Thanks again though.
Old 05-07-03, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since R0 isn't a real region, and isn't supported by major manufacturers finding a 'definitive list' will not be that easy to do. R0 is going to have everything from HK releases, some Criterion, a lot of low budget US releases, etc. It's quite the mixed bag to try and catalog.

It will probably be easier to start a list of etailers that sell R0 discs, and go from there.