Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Japanese Matrix Reloaded trailer....

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Have any of you checked out the Japanese trailer to The Matrix Reloaded? http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.co...er_jp_640.html

Spoiler:
Neo is a bad guy?!!
I always
Spoiler:
who that chinese guy fighting Neo for a few frames in the US trailer was. here we see him fighting alongside Morpheous and Trinity, then Neo infected by Agent Smith 2.0 and then Neo fight the chinese guy. So Neo will be a bad guy for most of The Matrix Reloaded?
I can't wait to see this!
Old 04-29-03, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really wish I hadn't read any of this. ^^Could be a huge spoiler^^

Last edited by Corvin; 04-29-03 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-29-03, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you shouldn't read to much into trailers or you'll blow your mind:

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.co...scape_640.html

Spoiler:
Morpheous at the end of the "NO ESCAPE" tv spot is getting infected by the virus. so will he be a bad guy aswell?

Also, look at the crowd that is shooting the wave of bullets at neo in the trailers not to mention seem like they are fighting it out in that white stair case area, doesn't that look like the crew of the other ship? My guess is that the asian character is dueling with Neo since it does look like a training dojo that Morpheus and Neo first had there VR fight in. Maybe the guy is questioning if NEO is really "the one" and they battle it out.

Could be a huge spoiler, then again I think it's just us reading too much into a few seconds of film on a digital media.
Old 04-29-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Could be a huge spoiler, then again I think it's just us reading too much into a few seconds of film on a digital media.
...let us hope.

Well, in any case, the martial arts is going to rock no matter, er, the situation, so...

good times, eh?
Old 04-29-03, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm inclined to say that it's a VR fight the two have much like Morpheus vs Neo in the first one in the "I know Kung Fu" scene..
Old 04-29-03, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Re: The Japanese Matrix Reloaded trailer....

Originally posted by RocShemp
Have any of you checked out the Japanese trailer to The Matrix Reloaded? http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.co...er_jp_640.html

Spoiler:
Neo is a bad guy?!!
I always
Spoiler:
who that chinese guy fighting Neo for a few frames in the US trailer was. here we see him fighting alongside Morpheous and Trinity, then Neo infected by Agent Smith 2.0 and then Neo fight the chinese guy. So Neo will be a bad guy for most of The Matrix Reloaded?
I can't wait to see this!

I'm afraid that the Matrix has you!

My guess:
Spoiler:
odds are that others get infected and that Neo is the only one that can resist the virus (or whatever). I think that the VIrus twins will be worse than Agent Smith.
Old 05-06-03, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well you folks don't have to fear that neo will turn to the darkside. Saw the final part of that fight scene and I just have to say I was right..

Spoiler:
Neo jumps from a wall back to the table. Chinese guy puts out his hand in a signal to stop, he then says "I just had to be sure you are the one". Neo comes back with "Why didn't you just ask".

So as I assumed, it was a testing/ simulation sort of thing where the chinese guy was just testing to see if neo was it.