Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-03, 08:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/394/394880p1.html

April 24, 2003 - Sony Computer Entertainment America officially announced the debut of Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, the second in the newly created Insomniac series, and a potential whopper of a game for release this November.

Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando will feature a more dynamic economic system, better elements of character growth, 20 new weapons and gadgets (including five from the previous game via memory card), and much more.

Insomniac's goal to is create a more gun-heavy, more RPG-esque game that takes the platformer further across genre-lines with nanotek experience points for Ratchet -- and experience points for the enemies too.

We'll have more on Insomninac's potentially huge new game closer to E3.
Yes! More Ratchet & Clank!
Old 04-24-03, 09:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet! Looking forward to this and Jak & Daxter 2. Clank kicks some robotic butt... a lot more likeable than freakin' Daxter. Ugh.

(They know what "going commando" means, don't they?)
Old 04-25-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
I'm certainly looking forward to the sequel to my favorite PS2 game of '02. They better be workin' overtime on this one; Jak 2 has certainly raised the bar and if Sly Cooper taught game makers anything it's that there isn't much room for two hit patformers on the same console in the same timeframe. I hope both these games rock, but we'll just see.

BTW: How many more weeks til E3?
Old 04-25-03, 09:33 AM

I'm more excited in Ratchet and Clank sequel than in Jak 2. Can't wait for it.
Old 04-25-03, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Insomniac is one of the best developers Sony has.. I really need to check out Ratchet & Clank sometime.. the Spyro games were so much fun on the old PS.
Old 04-25-03, 10:03 AM

how long till the 1st one join the "Greatest hits" list?
Old 04-25-03, 11:08 AM

Awesome! I just finished the first one and it was GREAT. Some of the best character animations I've seen in a game. Can't wait to see this one!

Originally posted by Static Cling
They know what "going commando" means, don't they?
Judging from the humor in the first one...I would say they do.
Old 04-25-03, 02:05 PM
Banned

More Info and Screenies! from GameSpot

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/r...s_6025584.html
Sony Computer Entertainment America has officially announced the next game in the Ratchet & Clank series, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando. The game is currently under development at Insomniac Studios, the company responsible for the first game.

The game's story picks up where the first one left off. The duo are kidnapped and brought to a faraway galaxy called Bogon. Here, they are offered a task by Abercrombie Fizwidget, who runs a company called Megacorp. One of Megacorp's prototype products has been stolen by a masked man, and Fizzwidget offers the duo a large collection of rewards to retrieve the missing item.

The game will feature 20 new weapons, each of which can be upgraded and enhanced over time. In all, there will be more than 50 different weapons and items to discover. The game also has an experience system, which lets you earn more life containers as you defeat more and more enemies. Enemies will also grow in strength as you do, preventing you from becoming overpowered. Ratchet will wear a commando suit in the game, and that can also be upgraded with up to five levels of armor. Additional subgames will also be part of your adventure, including space combat and gladiatorial-style battles.

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando is scheduled to be released later this year. It will also be on display at E3, which takes place in mid-May. We'll have more info on this game as the convention approaches.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/r...reenindex.html (not 56K friendly)
Old 04-25-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Hmmmm. Looks just like ..... Ratchet & Clank!

Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. The original is a great-looking game. Still, it doesn't have the "wow!" factor that Jak 2 certainly posesses in spades. Their buddies at Naughty Dog raised the bar, I'm afraid.
Of course, gameplay is what counts the most, but I sure hope that Insomniac isn't just rushing things along just so they have a sequel ready for 4Q 03. R&C deserves a worthy follow-up, and I'd happily wait to get one.
Old 04-25-03, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally posted by kuyax
how long till the 1st one join the "Greatest hits" list?
There's no need to wait. Even though they may have all been cleaned out by now, Blockbuster was selling Ratchet and Clank at the clearance price of $19.99 (brand new). So if you can find one that still have them in stock, you can get it for GH price.