Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

west wing 4/23

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-03, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
west wing 4/23

wow. after so long off, the show comes roaring back with a vengence. many many good things.

--charlie and zoe. always good to see them together. will she go off to france or will charlie convince her to stay? it will be interesting to find out. i really hope that they do get back together.

--many funny moments. debbie and her $50 bets. charlie storming the oval office after the crash. will, toby and cj entering the oval office after the shots..."will who?"

--donna and josh. once again, without going over the top we see how these two care for each other and the great relationship between them. after the shots were fired, the first thing on her mind is to take care of josh and make sure he's alright. then while talking to chandler (oops), josh talking about the hate mail donna got and wondering how anyone can hate her? great stuff.

--chandler, i mean, matthew perry. i thought he did a good job. while not the best dramatic role, i thought it was a good starting point for someone who is mostly based in comedy.

--the attack scenes may have been lame to some but i really enjoyed the sequence. it reminded me of the first season finale and second season opener which i still think was the best moments of the show.

--we got to see ron butterfield again.
Old 04-23-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
pretty good episode
the conservative bashing was a bit much though
there are left wingers that have just as much hate as the hateful right wingers, but sorkin doesn't seem to notice that and just had the characters go on a long anti-conservative rant
Old 04-23-03, 11:56 PM
Cool New Member

Might be a spoiler here. be warned

I haven't watched the show in a while, but I used to love it. I caught it tonight and I am pleased I did.

I think I am suffering a brain fog moment. I thought that on the coming attractions last week they said something about a kidnapping. Did it happen and I missed it at the beginning? Is that still coming up? Is my mind slipping?

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-24-03, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by BAKE
Might be a spoiler here. be warned

I haven't watched the show in a while, but I used to love it. I caught it tonight and I am pleased I did.

I think I am suffering a brain fog moment. I thought that on the coming attractions last week they said something about a kidnapping. Did it happen and I missed it at the beginning? Is that still coming up? Is my mind slipping?

Thanks for the info!
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. The promo also said something about the VP being taken down, but th promo for next week's now says it.

But I agree. This was a great episode. The last couple were only good, but this one had a lot of humor and drama.
Old 04-24-03, 08:09 AM

great episode. the only bad thing i can say is that my tape was ****ed up or i was getting the broadcast ****ed up. missed about 1/5th of the dialog just due to audio static.

i did love the "the how can you hate donna? she's from wisconsin!" dialog.
Old 04-24-03, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by BAKE
actually it was a promo hyping the next 4 episodes. not just this week.
Old 04-24-03, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Good episode. The conservative bashign didn't bother me as much as it did mikehunt since Josh said the right hates us and the left degrades the right - everybody sucks.

Question though, when josh and perry's character are talking about the shooting, perry says something to the effect that no one believes and no one cares about josh's story. What the heck were they talking about?

I just noticed that dule hill has first billing on the show now that Rob Lowe is gone - gotta love alpha order. Now if only they'd keep giving him more scenes I'd be happy.
Old 04-24-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by lisadoris
Question though, when josh and perry's character are talking about the shooting, perry says something to the effect that no one believes and no one cares about josh's story. What the heck were they talking about?
During the "first shooting" (cliffhanger between seasons 1+2), Josh was shot and after recovery began exhibiting "shell shock"-type stress disorder. It was a storyline for a few episodes where Josh had to get his mental state straightened out...
Old 04-25-03, 07:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Loved the nod to Krupin's which by the way is no where near the White House (and yes they do make good sandwiches)