Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone else watch American Choppers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-03, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else watch American Choppers?

Just curious if anyone else watches this show. It's on 10 pm on the Discovery Channel. While I'm not a motorcycle fan or a car enthusiast in the slightest, I really enjoy this show.

The show follows the father/son team of Orange County Choppers as they make their custom made bikes. The father and son have a real explosive relationship that adds to the drama of the show/documentary.

And the bikes. Oh my god, the bikes are amazing!

Anyways, I think this show is pretty good and was wondering if anyone else has seen it and what you think. That's about it.
Old 04-21-03, 03:00 PM
Cool New Member

Yea I watch and enjoy this show very much. I don't make it a point to watch every episode when they are shown first but usually I catch it again on the discovery channel either on the weekends or at night during the week. The father/son relationship reminds me a lot of the relationship I have with my old man. I am really into cars but not so much bikes so I do enjoy some of the wrenching aspect of the show and some of those bikes are absolutely amazing.
Old 04-21-03, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it is really cool. I'm personally not all that into ripping apart cars, but I think it's a pretty fun story too.
Old 04-22-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Great show. I'm just waiting for the show where the old man has a heart attack.
Old 04-22-03, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson
Great show. I'm just waiting for the show where the old man has a heart attack.
Old 04-22-03, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I caught the last 2 episodes. Great show. I'm waiting for Paulie Sr. to smash a camera.
Old 04-22-03, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been watching it too. How can you miss with Monster Garage, Motor Mayhem and American Choppers in one night? Friday they are showing all of the episodes so far. It starts at 7pm central.
Old 04-22-03, 12:04 PM

As a gearhead, I am really enjoying all of this "Motor Madness" programming Discovery has glommed onto. The first Motorcycle Mania special, where they followed Jesse James and West Coast Choppers, was amazing. The second one was just as good and I love Monster Garage. All of those shows really get you into the mechanics of the industry while spinning it with a fun and viewer friendly twist. American Choppers, however, really bugs the piss out of me. I can stand about 15 minutes of the dad yelling himself horse and the son's indignant, spoiled and rebelious whining. But that's just me. It probably makes for good reality show drama but, personally, I just want to see a bunch of guys who really want to build **** doing just that.
Old 04-23-03, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

GET TO THE CHOPPAH!
Old 04-23-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw this a week or so ago. The old man was really getting on my nerves, all he did was stand around and bitch and complain.

Which I guess is sorta what makes the show funny.
Old 04-23-03, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have been watching those shows... They're amazing and great show.

Those bikes are great!
Old 04-23-03, 12:02 PM

I guess my one complaint with the show is that they tend to focus more on the drama/fighting between the father and soon and not enough on the actual making of the bikes. While their relationship can be fun to watch sometimes, it does get tiring and it seems to be that if they cut down on the drama some, they could easily fit each bike into an hour long show, as opposed to what they're currently doing, where it takes two episodes to finish a bike. But I guess drawing out the process is kind of the point.