Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Forget "Audition" - here comes "In My Skin"

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 04-20-03, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This utterly frightful film actually makes me squirm more than Audition's infamous "wire" scenes. While IMO it is not outright disturbing like "Irreversible", "In My Skin" takes perverse pleasure in showing exactly what the protagonist is doing to her body. NOT for the squeamish - it is extremely bloody. In the shock factor, I'd rank it above Ichi the Killer and Trouble Every Day as well.

Old 04-20-03, 10:04 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now I *have* to see it.
Old 04-20-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the point?
Old 04-20-03, 07:03 PM
Banned

Does the movie have an engaging story with well-developed characters? Or should I see it just because its gruesome?
Old 04-20-03, 10:22 PM

Wellspring Gets Marina de Van's "Dans Ma Peau"

by Eugene Hernandez

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marina de Van's "Dans Ma Peau" (In My Skin) which was acquired by Wellspring.

The first feature film by Marina de Van, a regular collaborator with filmmaker Francois Ozon, has been acquired by Wellspring. "Dans Ma Peau" (In My Skin), which was recently showcased in New York City at the Rendez-vous With French Cinema Festival, will open in theaters at the end of this year.

De Van, the co-writer of Ozon's "8 Women" and "Under the Sand" and star of Ozon's "Sitcom" and "Sea the Sea," premiered at the San Sebastian Film Festival. Wellspring will release the movie on video and DVD after its theatrical release.

Described in an announcement as "an intense and radical film that depicts a young woman's increasingly transgressive fascination with her own body," the movie stars de Van in the lead role as a PR assistant who "develops an obsession that will change her life forever" after injuring herself at a party.

"Marina de Van is at the forefront of a new generation of bold and provocative French directors such as François Ozon and Gaspar Noe," said new Wellspring Head of Acquisitions Marie Therese Guirgis in a prepared statement. "This is a brilliant and fearless film which I can honestly say is like nothing I've seen before." Guirgis closed the deal with Celluloid Dreams' Pierre Menahem during the recent Rendez-vous series in New York City.
Old 04-20-03, 10:58 PM
Banned

That's a creepy and nasty poster....looks a little too freaky for me.