Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's the longest time for a movie to ship to you?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

I'm not talking about back orders. I'm talking from the time you get the e-mail confirmation that your order has shipped. My record was broken today. Exactly two weeks ago, I ordered a movie from Deepdiscountdvd.com. I've orderd from them at *least* 30 times. Maybe more. So clearly I like them. In all those orders, I've only paid for shipping and few times because all others have reached my door within six working days. Tops. But there were those times that I needed the order earlier so I paid the extra few bucks. Anyway, on this last order, I chose the free shipping again. The following Monday morning (April 7), I get an e-mail that the item shipped. Here it is, 12 working days later, and I don't have it. And according to their website, they ask you to allow up to 5 to 12 business days. But their recorded message says up to 15. Regardless, it's beyond all that every other free shipping order was in my hands less than a week after I placed the order. Guess this particular one went around the world.
Old 04-19-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had one order take 20 or 21 days to show up about a year ago from DDD. I think my average delivery time from them is about 10 days from when it was shipped. Most likely its in your local post office but they have not gotten around to delivering it yet for some strange reason. You might want to call DDD and ask about it. They always have delivery # on everything they ship out so it is somewhat tracked, not that they can tell you where it is or when you will get it. Atleast they could tell you if it was delivered yet, incase it was delivered to the wrong address.

Last edited by ernestrp; 04-19-03 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-19-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a DVD once take over three months to be delivered from Columbia House. By time it arrived I thought it was lost long ago, and already received a replacement and cancelled my account. When it finally showed up I thought CH reopened an account at first, and sent a Director's selection. Then I noticed it had an old post mark and realized it was the missing DVD from months earlier. I never opened the box and simply refused delivery of the package.
Old 04-21-03, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bestbuy.com

Order took 21 days to arrive and BB.com did not want to send another one. I contacted USPS re: tracking and they found my DVDs in Denver and shipped out to me.
Old 04-21-03, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
27 days to get Angel Season One from amazon.ca.
Old 04-21-03, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
What a coincidence that someone should start a thread on this subject at the same time I just (4/19/03) received a disc I ordered 8/06/02. It was from DVDPlanet. I had ordered several discs and I 'm pretty sure I got an e-mail notice when the others shipped saying that one was not available so they cancelled it. Of course, I deleted the e-mail and bought the missing disc someplace else a couple of months later. So now I'm either stuck with it or I have to pay to send it back since I can't prove the order was cancelled. It's ridiculous to send a disc 9-and-a-half months after it was ordered without even a shipping notice. I checked my CC and it was billed on 4/15.
Old 04-21-03, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For anything sent media mail, it's not unusual for it to take from 4 to 5 weeks to arrive here.
Old 04-22-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by rkndkn
For anything sent media mail, it's not unusual for it to take from 4 to 5 weeks to arrive here.
If by here you mean Hawaii, I could see that. I'm only a few states away from the warehouse in which the items are shipped. And again, up until now (with media mail) it's taken *maybe* a week for all other deliveries. That's maximum. I won't give up on this store. They are too good. This is just one of those rare situations. And as an update, I got my order yesterday.
Old 04-23-03, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My total movie entertainment dvds haha. Took about 5 months, then took 2 more to get the first magazine (then no more after that, what a joke.)
Old 04-26-03, 08:09 AM

I live in Indiana (one state over from Deep Discount).

Although most items arrive within 4 days of shipment, actually delivery has been as short as 2 days or as long as 2 weeks!

You just never know with USPS
Old 04-26-03, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A couple of years ago it took 28 days for a dvd to arrive from DeepDiscountDVD. Right now I'm waiting for one to arrive - got confirmation on 4/9. Usually they get here within a week,though. I called their CS phone number and was told to wait 15 business days before calling.