Scrubs & Good Morning Miami's Season Finales 4/17

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-03, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scrubs & Good Morning Miami's Season Finales 4/17

MY DREAM JOB
Spoiler:
When J.D. and Turk are paid a visit by their college cohort, Spence (guest star Ryan Reynolds) -- who is now leading a life of luxury as an investment banker -- they are struck by the daily sacrifices they make as residents leading them to re-evaluate their career choices. Spence's visit also triggers the reveal of another dirty little secret - Dr. Cox learns the truth about his relationship to Jordan's baby, but the truth may be more than he can handle. Meanwhile, Elliot's skills and patience are tested by the unrelenting Dr. Kelso.

Good Morning Miami's ONE FLU OVER THE CUCKOLD'S NEST
Spoiler:
Dylan is stunned to hear Gavin's unexpected on-air marriage proposal but Gavin is surprised to hear that she needs time to think about it. To take her mind off her decision, she agrees to go to dinner with Jake, who has ulterior motives of his own.
Old 04-17-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

why did you not just start two separate threads?! i think it may be a bad idea to combine these... just MHO, of course...
-di doctor-
Old 04-17-03, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ticks me off that they leave Scrubs out of sweeps month when it's the best show in the lineup, and probably the network.
Old 04-17-03, 01:52 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I agree Roto, jeesh, my how the time flys... now release 'Scrubs' on DVD damnit!
Old 04-17-03, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Isn't tonight the SERIES finale for Good Morning Miami?
Old 04-17-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Reality TV has screwed up how the networks schedule shows these days. There is no consistency whatsoever. You have shows on hiatus for five or six weeks and now you have shows that end their season in the middle of April. This particular irks me w/ shows like Scrubs - which is far and away better than most pieces aired by the networks.
Old 04-17-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DrRingDing why did you not just start two separate threads?! i think it may be a bad idea to combine these... just MHO, of course...
The only reason I threw Good Morning Miami in this thread is because I knew they would only be 2 or 3 posts for it and didn't want to waste 2 threads. Plus people checking info about Scrubs will most likely look at info on GMM. GMM actually isn't that bad of a show since they lost the nun.
Old 04-17-03, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bigjim25
The only reason I threw Good Morning Miami in this thread is because I knew they would only be 2 or 3 posts for it and didn't want to waste 2 threads.
sheesh. way to steal my thunder. i usually take up 1-3 posts in the gmm threads, so it looks like i am the only one posting in them. but really this discussion will be all over the place with two topics, unless no one but me talks about gmm, that is.
Old 04-17-03, 05:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Isn't the guest star on Scrubs the guy from
Spoiler:
Van Wilder
? That looked like a funny flick, so I'll be interested to see him on Scrubs. I can't believe that this is already the season finale... summer kinda sucks, TV-wise. Oh well... it'll let me catch up on The West Wing. Wait... TAR is supposed to be this summer, too, and it airs at the same time TWW does! D'oh!

And they got rid of the nun on GMM? Why? Did she just vanish, or was it explained?
Old 04-17-03, 06:08 PM

van wilder was terrible
Old 04-17-03, 06:37 PM

Originally posted by tupacwe
van wilder was terrible
way to ruin static's spoiler. some people.
Old 04-17-03, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling
And they got rid of the nun on GMM? Why? Did she just vanish, or was it explained?
the nun has been gone for a good number of episodes. her and the cuban woman got the can very early on. i think they only made it through 4-6 episodes. and you hit it on the nose. no word why. her and the cuban just disappeared. oddly without any reference to her relationship with frank.
Old 04-17-03, 07:58 PM

Scrubs= Good ending. Made me feel all warm inside.
Old 04-17-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Roto
ticks me off that they leave Scrubs out of sweeps month when it's the best show in the lineup, and probably the network.
same here, i was like WTF there not going to let them take a shot a sweeps. Knowing NBC they will do 1hr episode of Friends and Will & Grace.
Old 04-17-03, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Excelesor
same here, i was like WTF there not going to let them take a shot a sweeps. Knowing NBC they will do 1hr episode of Friends and Will & Grace.
You know NBC. Half hour shows but that's exactly what they're doing next week, an hour of each.
Old 04-17-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Isn't tonight the SERIES finale for Good Morning Miami?
Guess what... it's probably coming back next season :-) And that makes me happy.

GMM was a great season finale with the good ol' cliffhanger type deal. I just knew the ending was going to happen like that.

GMM's season finale was so much better than Scrub's. That episode of Scrubs was disappointing, and the dude from 2 Guys A Girl and a Pizza Place was blah to that storyline.
Old 04-17-03, 09:46 PM

What a great GMM gotta be one of my favorite sitcoms on nbc.. I really hope it does come back at least for one more season..
Old 04-17-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I liked the Scrubs finale. Dr. Cox accidentally finding out he is the father of Jordan's baby from guest star Ryan Reynolds was hilarious. Dr. Cox owned tonight's show big time. Great display of comedy w/ a little drama thrown in the mix. His parting shot w/ Dr. Kelso was classic tv, imo.

I also liked: John Dorian - Chocolate King -those dreams were great.
Old 04-17-03, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling
Isn't the guest star on Scrubs the guy from
Spoiler:
Van Wilder
? That looked like a funny flick, so I'll be interested to see him on Scrubs. I can't believe that this is already the season finale... summer kinda sucks, TV-wise. Oh well... it'll let me catch up on The West Wing. Wait... TAR is supposed to be this summer, too, and it airs at the same time TWW does! D'oh!

Yes, that was Ryan Reynolds, late of the ABC "laugh-fest" Two Guys, a Girl and (for one season, at least) a Pizza Place.

As far as the nun on GMM, God wasn't laughing (nor was the rest of the audience).
Old 04-17-03, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Scrubs finale was great. Perfect ending to a killer season.

I haven't been able to watch more than 2 minutes of GMM without changing the channel, though. Nothing to grab me at all about that one.
Old 04-17-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

GMM was good tonite
Old 04-17-03, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Scrubs rocked. BTW, Ryan Reynolds is also going out with Alanis Morrissette now.

My favorite line on Scrubs was Ted saying to Kelso something like "you know I have stress induced dyslexia, Dr Oslek".
Old 04-17-03, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,195 Likes on 4,222 Posts
As always, loved Scrubs. Very, very funny, but that Van Wilder has got to have the worst comic delivery I've ever heard (stealing the title away from Harry Connick, jr who actually had maybe two funny lines tonight on W&G). The more time with Ted, the better. "I have stress-induced dsylexia, and you know that, Dr osleK."

I must admit, for the second week on GMM, a silly running gag had my in tears from laughing so hard. Last week, the stupid date with the earpiece, this week the flu vaccine PSA. Maybe I have a simple, immatue sense of humor, but both struck me as very funny. Though why they were in such a rush to film the PSA when the flu Vaccine isn't even available until earlyOctober had me a little puzzled.
Old 04-18-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

heh scrubs was awsome as usual. doh, i want to see tcw aka amy smart, I guess they will conclude the relationship next season. yea dr cox was great this episode and the ending was awsome, im going to miss having a new ep though.

gmm left a cliffhanger. I'm all for cliffhangers and i really enjoy them, but i don't like season ending clifhanger or ones thats going to make you wait like months to figure wtf is going to happen next.
Old 04-18-03, 12:06 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I loved the shot on Scrubs of everyone with their jaws wipe open looking at Kelso after Cox hits him and then the camera goes around the room and Ted has got tears running down his face he was laughing so hard

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.