Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

BLUE SUNSHINE ...The blue drug more terrifying than LSD!

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 04-16-03, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"BLUE SUNSHINE ...The blue drug more terrifying than LSD!" as the French (German) Poster that fronts the insert/booklet for Synapse's new NTSC R0 DVD of BLUE SUNSHINE states.

This DVD has been lovingly restored by the folks over at Synapse with an anamorphic transfer, that looks excellent, given the age of the film and the elements they had to work with. In addition to the original mono soundtrack, the audio has been given a new 5.1 audio, using the original audio elements, that takes full advantage of all speakers and really makes the creepy maniac score even more crazy.

Extras include a commentary track, a 30 minute interview with director Jeff Lieberman, a hilarious short film by Lieberman The Ringer with or without commentary, a trailer, still gallery and before & after restoration comparison. This special edition DVD also includes a second disc that contains the films totally wakadoo score by Charles Gross.The silver metallic/blue cover on the amaray keepcase also looks really really gorgeous.
This is a great film (see reviews at the DVD-Basen link below), which I highly recommend, and it has been given superlative treatment by Don May and the folks over at Synapse.

Remember, as the sheet attached to the back of the keepcase states, (and this shouldn't be taken lightly, especially if you were coming of age in the late 70s like me), "...uncover the secret of BLUE SUNSHINE... your life may depend on it!"

cheers, Tony Block

http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3...land=%25&ok=go
Old 04-17-03, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine hasn't arrived yet, but it should also be noted that this DVD is a limited edition of 50,000.
Old 04-17-03, 01:22 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I rented this several years ago. Great flick! Looking forward to getting this disc.
Old 04-17-03, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was planning to pick this up, but it's just too expensive.
Old 04-17-03, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by audrey
I was planning to pick this up, but it's just too expensive.
$17.99 with free shipping at BestBuy.com
Old 04-17-03, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks, bboisvert. That's still a bit more than I like to pay for a campy title, but I must say I'm tempted. Hmmmm....
Old 04-18-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by audrey
Thanks, bboisvert. That's still a bit more than I like to pay for a campy title, but I must say I'm tempted. Hmmmm....
I got my copy at Best Buy for 17.99 free shipping and you also get the soundtrack score on an extra CD, plus a buttload of xtras.