Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

american dreams - 4-13-03

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-03, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
american dreams - 4-13-03

test driving the show for a thread, we'll see how it goes.

good episode yesterday. jack (the dad) was ann a$shole, but glad jj stepped in to stand up for his brother.

the afrocentric side of the story was good as well. i like how sam is finally starting to let his cousin's ramblings fall on his deaf ears. also glad to see jj standing up for him in the astronauts club.

the meg storyline wasn't so hot. good to see her getting in good with seniors, but it was boring. and her friend roxanne has far too much nose for tv.

last subplot of patty and her badge's was retarded. she is easily the most hatable character on the show, and i'd rather her die than continue on the show.

post away. :crickets chirping:
Old 04-14-03, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
Well I already posted in another thread that Patty (along with Brooke from Boston Public) is the most annoying character on television.
Old 04-14-03, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I just finally watched the 3/30 episode last night so I'm way behind. I've been travelling, and then I was sick and busy with work and I am way behind on my shows. Since this show is kinda "second-tier" for me they had piled up! I had three in the Tivo last night, I figured I'd better watch one.

Maybe I'll have more to say about this episode in a week or two.

Although I will say, I usually enjoy the Meg storyline, the Mom storyline and the black characters. I think JJ is so boring I could scream and the dad is an ass. The other 2 kids are just filler.

JJ is such a wimp. I get so tired of his constant "Do I want to play football or not?" or "Do I want to keep dating my girlfriend or not?" storylines.
Old 04-14-03, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am usually in that boat jadzia (regarding the show, not getting backed up). but jj with the older blonde waitress is pretty appealing to me. makes him seem like less of a wimp.

i am definitely with you on with which stories i do like. i usually like the meg lines (especially if roxanne is not there), as well as the sam/sam's dad story as well. theirs' is probably my favorite. can't say this is really how it is as i haven't/won't experience(d) their two black & white (excuse the pun) side of their life. uncle tom vs. the pessimist african americans saying that things will never be equal and a black man won't ever get the things a white man does.
Old 04-15-03, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Patty's great because she's so real. Yeah, she's annoying, but her family can't stop loving her and get rid of her. It's nice when we see her soft side too like when asking Meg for advice about boys.

I really enjoyed Sunday's episode. I liked the focus on JJ and Will; in fact I liked all of the different plays on the theme of facing your fears. It was a very good tribute episode in that respect.

The Henry/Sam/Nathan storyline is probably the best on the show, and it will be great to see Sam start growing up and facing all of this.

das