Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Warner Brothers Customer Service A+

Old 04-14-03, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know everyone here dislikes the snapper style case, but I actually like them now. Recently I had a broken snapper case so I called up Warner Brothers. They had me send them the DVD and they sent me a whole brand new copy very promptly. Two thumbs up from me.
Old 04-14-03, 02:00 PM
Suspended

Maybe they thought you would whack them if they didn't treat you right.
Old 04-14-03, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually had the direct opposite experience. My snappers for Any Given Sunday: Oliver Stone Collection and Boogie Nights: New Line Platinum both busted, and they said I was out of luck because I didn't buy them directly from them.
Old 04-15-03, 12:19 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Furio, it sounds like cupcake got a different treatment from you. Which number did you call? It's for the record so that we know who to call when we need to.
Old 04-15-03, 07:20 AM

Actually I got that same response when I called the 800 number on Warner's webpage. I guess that number is just for a small group that handles the online sales through their website. Since I wasn't satisfied with that answer, I called the Warner Brothers main number in Burbank and talked to someone in the corporate office who is in charge of home video.

The number is 818-954-7165 and her name is Sherri. She'll have you send in your damaged copy first so that they know you actually own the DVD, then will send you out a brand new shrink wrapped copy.

Last edited by Furio; 04-15-03 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-15-03, 08:28 AM
Suspended

Another option for getting replacements for broken snapper trays is through the Ivy Hill Corp. that makes these plactic snapper trays. I sent them a broken snapper tray(after taking off the cardboard cover art) last year and they were kind enough to send me back 3 snapper tray replacements. You may want to do a search to get the contact/address info. on this if interested since I don't have it handy at the moment.
Old 04-15-03, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When I get these broken snappers I just take it back to the store for a new copy... I have learned to shake and open DVD's in the parking lot before going home now Too many broken snappers. Most seem to come from Wal Mart and Fry's. Guess they dont take care of their inventory or something....
Old 04-15-03, 10:29 AM

I also dealt with Sherri at WHV awhile ago (her last name is Bogard, I think). She was very helpful. I sent in my defective DVD of My Fair Lady and they replaced it, although it did take a couple of months before it came.
Old 04-15-03, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Furio, what is that 800 number from their webpage? I have searched their site over and over, and I can never find a number to call them.

I want to ask if they ever fixed the audio tracks on The Hobbit.

tks
Old 04-15-03, 01:54 PM

milo-

I wouldn't bother calling the 800 number, they don't seem to have a clue about anything. Just seems to be a salespeople for their home video website, but nobody seems to have a clue about anything when it comes to customer service at that number. Can't seem to find the 800 number now anyways.
Old 04-15-03, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by eau
Furio, it sounds like cupcake got a different treatment from you. Which number did you call? It's for the record so that we know who to call when we need to.
I called the first number on the Warner website, apparently the sales number, I'm going to try the new one, though.