Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

HOL-EE CARP! (Pearl Jam WPB concert)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

HOL-EE CARP! (Pearl Jam WPB concert)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOL-EE CRAP! (Pearl Jam WPB concert)

My Pearl Jam-a-thon weekend started yesterday in West Palm Beach (with the HoB show tonight and Tampa tomorrow), and that show jumped right to the top of my fairly long concert going experience. They were whipping out songs they hadn't played in quite a while (Glorified G), some that were just rare (I Am A Patriot), and others with some pretty good lyric changes (Untitled and Yellow Ledbetter). It was getting to the end, near 11pm, and all I needed was Ledbetter to finish the night. They played it, then ran off for a sec, switched guitars, and came back for Baba! I was just amazed by the energy, crowd, and "perfection" in playing last night. As much as I was (am) looking forward to the HoB show, I just don't see how it could possibly top this one! Woo hoo! Here's the setlist for those interested:

The Long Road
Breakerfall
Corduroy
Animal
Save You
Given To Fly
Crop Duster
Even Flow
Small Town
Love Boat Captain
Ghost
Whipping
Untitled
MFC
You Are
Half Full
State Of Love And Trust
Alive
Last Exit
I Am A Patriot
Better Man
Down
Glorified G
Do The Evolution
Daughter
Yellow Ledbetter
Baba O'riley

Last edited by cartman; 04-12-03 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-12-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not too long for June 7th when they come to Phoenix. I got my fanclub tix. Your so lucky to be going to the HOB show!

check out www.theskyiscrape.com They fit all my PJ needs. They have downloads of old concerts all the time. Definately check it out!

have fun at the upcoming concerts!
Old 04-12-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

yeah last night was a great setlist.
Glad to see Glorified G back after 7+ years.

And I've seen over 15 live Pearl Jam shows, and my FAVORITE 3 was when they closed with Baba (great closing song).

Long Road is agood opener too (only better is Release for me).

I thought that moving Daughter to late in the setlist like that was interesting as well.
I'll pick this boot up for sure.

This looks like the best set of this tour so far.
Old 04-12-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I went to the OKC show, and it was great.

The concert was last thursday, April 3rd. I ordered the bootleg on the website on monday the 6th and got it in the mail yesterday.

Very high quality. I am very impressed at the lengths they go to to please the fans.
Old 04-12-03, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Glorified G is right at the bottom of my list of songs for them to resurrect... but I'm still thrilled that they've already played a few old, rare ones this tour - Deep anyone!???!?

I just hope that get around to playing Hard to Imagine, or especially Alone after soundchecking them but not playing them in a performance yet... they need to crank them out at the Raleigh or Charlotte shows (the ones I'll be at ) Of course, I'd give my left nut if they surprised us with Rats!!!!

Just announced as well (from theskyiscrape), a DVD of the Dec. 6th show in Seattle!! Not the best setlist (no rare ones), but it's great that they'll finally release a full show on DVD... I hope they decide to release one (or more) from the tour as well.
Old 04-12-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really hope Glorified G is left off the setlist Tuesday night

I'll be interested to see what they open with tonight and tomorrow. They haven't played Release so far on the NA tour so I'm hoping that is what they open with when I see them. I love all of their openers but hearing Release (or the rarely played Oceans) in person would be fantastic.
Old 04-12-03, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by Dubya

I'll be interested to see what they open with tonight and tomorrow. They haven't played Release so far on the NA tour so I'm hoping that is what they open with when I see them. I love all of their openers but hearing Release (or the rarely played Oceans) in person would be fantastic.
Old 04-13-03, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All righty, I just got back from the HoB show. It turns out that it was being broadcast over Real networks (bleh), so there were a bunch of cameras present.

We got there at 5:20 and there were already lines formed. At ~7:20 they started letting us in, and then got to wait until 9pm for them to start playing. My knees are KILLING me about now.

There were 3 encores, with the last being Ledbetter, and I don't think it was broadcast.

I don't have the full setlist (I brought a pen and paper, but just forgot after the first song hit), but here's what I immediately remember (not in order for the most part):

Here's the setlist (I only got one song wrong on the first try!):

Main:
Can't Keep
Save You
Get Right
Even Flow
Faithfull
Habit
I Am Mine
Love Boat Captain
Green Disease
Sleight of Hand
Thumbing My Way
1/2 Full
Deep
improv/new song
Insignificance
Once
Alive

Encore 1:
Spin the Black Circle
Go
Do the Evolution
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
Blue Red and Grey
RVM

Encore 2:
Glorified G
Crazy Mary
Know Your Rights
****in' Up

Encore 3:
Yellow Ledbetter

Overall not as good as the WPB show (IMO), but still rocking as I was about 4 people from the front, and Ed was watching me sing "Sleight of Hand" for a while as pretty much no one actually knew the words to that one (it seemed)!

Last edited by cartman; 04-13-03 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-13-03, 12:35 AM

I just got done downloading the WPB show from last night and so far I'm liking it.

HOB show looks like fun just because it's such a small show.
****in Up is always good and Deep and Sleight of Hand.

Looking forward to seeing them in a couple of weeks in Albany.
Then later in the summer I'll probably catch the Boston and NYC shows.
Old 04-13-03, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Please let them play Deep in Raleigh or Charlotte (or both)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the public service announcement song is Know Your Rights (the Clash) They also played it at the last of the 3 Melbourne shows in February.
Old 04-13-03, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Glorified virgin of a pelican.
Old 04-13-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Las bit of info for the HoB show is that it is for Real Networks, and will be broadcast starting 4-14 at 3pm EST at music.real.com/?sp=pearljam. I've also updated the setlist up a few posts with what seems to be the "official" one.
Old 04-15-03, 11:04 AM

Excellent show!
Old 04-16-03, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really hope Glorified G is left off the setlist Tuesday night

Ahhhh...they opened with Release when I saw them last night. What an awesome show. I even enjoyed Glorified G and that is my least favorite PJ song
Old 04-16-03, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They even played Porch last night so I was happy.

<small>I'd been happy even if they didn't play it, but it made my day.</small>
Old 04-16-03, 10:05 AM

To those who had 10 club tickets:

What time did you get in line to pick up your tix? 3 hours before showtime, or 3 hours before doors open?

And, once you get your tickets, are you allowed to leave the arena and come back?
Old 04-16-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Opening act was to begin at 7:30, I picked up tickets at around 7:00. Where I picked up the tickets was outside of the arena proper so there wouldn't have been a problem leaving after I received the tickets (although parking again would have been a bitch).
Old 04-16-03, 11:17 AM

I was at the Raleigh show and am still full of energy from it...which is good because it was a long drive back to Richmond.

Here is the setlist:

Release
Even Flow
Save You
Help Help
Given to Fly
Cropduster
I Am Mine
Lukin
Not 4 U
Corduroy
I Got ****
You Are
Small town
Insignificance
Alive
Porch (awesome)
Blood

Encore 1:
Gimmie Truth
Love Boat Captain
Betterman/Save It For Later
Glorified G
Do The Evolution
Rearviewmirror

Encore 2:
Fortunate Son w/ Sleater-Kinney
RITFW w/ Sleater-Kinney

Unreal...and now I have to wait three months to see them again in DC...oh well, I have the unmastered MP3s of last nights show to hold me over.

Last edited by Metrodub; 04-16-03 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-16-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Meatpants
To those who had 10 club tickets:

What time did you get in line to pick up your tix? 3 hours before showtime, or 3 hours before doors open?

And, once you get your tickets, are you allowed to leave the arena and come back?
I got there 3 hours early and was the 5th person in line for my block. My member number isn't that great (220xxx) since I joined in Jan. 2001 but I still thought the seats would be a little bit better than they were. I shouldn't complain because the people with similar numbers had seats 10 rows behind me. I don't know if this was an isolated incident but ticketmaster released better seats than I had a few days before the show. I thought 10C got all of the best seats? To answer your question the earlier you get there the better, and yes (at least in Raleigh) you could leave and come back.
Old 04-16-03, 01:16 PM

Going to see them in Little Rock June 10.I've had my copy of their 4-3-1994 Atlanta show in my player for a month now.Can't wait!!!
Old 04-16-03, 01:38 PM

I don't know if this was an isolated incident but ticketmaster released better seats than I had a few days before the show. I thought 10C got all of the best seats?
In certain venues, Ticketmaster claims the right to specific blocks of tickets that aren't even made available to the band. I know Clear Channel has a prime section of seats at Alpine Valley that they reserve for VIPs. So the 10c tix are the best seats PJ can get their hands on I believe.
Old 04-16-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

AH! I Got **** (quite possibly my favorite PJ song), BLOOD (someday I'll hear this live ), and Porch!? Those were the three on my list that I didn't get to hear this tour!

To answer a previous question, I was in line for tickets at 2:30 for the WPB show, and there were already LOTS of people in line. For Tampa, I arrived at ~6:40 for tickets, and the seats were only slightly (by about a row, still center center) worse than the ones in WPB.
Old 04-24-03, 11:24 AM

I leave tomorrow for the Cleveland and Pittsburgh shows. I am stoked!
Old 04-28-03, 08:49 AM

I just returned from a Pearl Jam weekend in Cleveland and Pittsburgh. I met great guy from Minnesota who had an extra fan club seat in the 8th row. I told him I was heading to Pitt the next day and he said he was too, and that I could use his extra ticket there as well. Holy crap, we end up with front row tickets right in front of Mike McCready. It was awesome. Pitt had a great set list and the boys just hit it. I got 3 guitar picks from Mike. I can't wait to see them in Buffalo on Friday.
Old 04-28-03, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by borisdisco
I just returned from a Pearl Jam weekend in Cleveland and Pittsburgh. I met great guy from Minnesota who had an extra fan club seat in the 8th row. I told him I was heading to Pitt the next day and he said he was too, and that I could use his extra ticket there as well. Holy crap, we end up with front row tickets right in front of Mike McCready. It was awesome. Pitt had a great set list and the boys just hit it. I got 3 guitar picks from Mike. I can't wait to see them in Buffalo on Friday.
Yeah Ten Club is the best! (most of the Ten Club members are too!).

I'll be in Albany tomorrow night.
....But I just found out I have to go to an awards ceremony for my wife at 7pm. It lasts an hour and will be about 30minutes from the arena. So with parking and getting into arena I should be in my seat right at 8:45 (which is when PJ takes the stage for a 7:30 show right?!?!?!!?).
I hope I make it in time for the opening song, I'd be pissed if I miss it. It's going to be close.
(too bad too because I live 5 minutes away from the arena)

Then that is my only show for this leg.
But I'll catch atlease the closing show at MSG, and probably Boston as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.