Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Blueman Group album and upcoming tour thread (The Complex)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-11-03, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

New Blueman group album and tour coming up this summer.

www.blueman.com

Blue Man Group is scheduled to release their much anticipated second album, The Complex, on April 22, 2003. This follow-up to their Grammy nominated Gold record, AUDIO, is a bit of a departure for the enigmatic performers. Aided by some of today's most intriguing vocalists, Blue Man Group is moving beyond the instrumental category and is excited to release their first full-fledged rock ‘n’ roll album.

Track Listing

Above
Time to Start
Sing Along (featuring Dave Matthews)
Up to the Roof (featuring Tracy Bonham)
Your Attention
Persona (featuring Josh Haden)
Piano Smasher
White Rabbit (featuring Esthero)
The Current
Shadows Part 2
What is Rock
The Complex
I Feel Love (featuring Venus Hum)
Exhibit 13

Blue Man Group is currently in production, creating a rock tour based on the music of their new album, The Complex. The tour will kick off with Blue Man Group's two-night performance at this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California on April 26th and 27th.
The production that will be introduced at Coachella is not a touring version of the Blue Man Group theatrical productions, it is a state-of-the-art rock show featuring lots of new music that will allow Blue Man Group to push the boundaries of the concert experience.

Blue Man Group teamed up with legendary production designer Marc Brickman to create their first full production U.S. concert tour. Brickman who is best known for his work with Pink Floyd, Nine Inch Nails and Paul McCartney collaborated with the Blue Man Group team to create an entirely new state-of-the-art music event.

First Leg of Tour

April 26th and 27th
Indio, California
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival

May 18
Washington, D.C.
Warner Theater
| --SOLD OUT-- |

May 19
New York, NY
Hammerstein Ballroom

May 21
Chicago, IL
Congress Theatre

May 22
Minneapolis, MN
Target Center

May 25
Denver, CO
Pepsi Center

May 29
San Francisco, CA
Warfield Theatre

June 1
Seattle, WA
Paramount Theater

June 2
Portland, OR
Keller Auditorium

Tickets on Sale Now

Last edited by Lateralus; 04-12-03 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-11-03, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have got to see this tour and buy this album, I've heard a couple singles off the album and it's really pretty good. I found out about the tour like a day and a half after the tickets went on sale and the D.C. show is already sold out.

I've only seen the Blueman in Boston and they were AWSOME! If your close to any of the tour dates I suggest you go see them.

Last edited by Lateralus; 04-12-03 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-11-03, 09:45 PM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lateralus's take on BMG mirrors my own:
I've only seen the Blueman in Boston and they were AWSOME! If your close to any of the tour dates I suggest you go see them.
Also have seen them exactly once, a couple years ago. "Performance art" is usually the type of thing I stay faaaar away from - or, when I do observe it, I dismiss it with my favorite word "pretentious" - but the Boys in Blue really did deliver An Experience that knocked my socks off.
Old 04-12-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by inVectiVe

Also have seen them exactly once, a couple years ago. "Performance art" is usually the type of thing I stay faaaar away from - or, when I do observe it, I dismiss it with my favorite word "pretentious" - but the Boys in Blue really did deliver An Experience that knocked my socks off.
Good Idea, lets keep the entire thread in blue. And yes they do knock your socks off!
Old 04-13-03, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've seen their show in Vegas, and I own (and love) Audio. I agree, I usually hate "performance art," but these guys are brilliant (and so is their music). Can't wait to check out the tour and hope the album is good (the presence of guest vocalists, particularly Dave Matthews, makes me nervous).
Old 04-14-03, 02:24 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got tickets to the Washington, DC, show! WOO! I've seen 'em in Vegas and Boston, and I can't wait to see the new show they're putting together for the Complex Tour.

Not sure if it's still available, but you can pre-order The Complex CD and get a deal on a t-shirt with the Complex logo on it from their site.

And hopefully, they will release a DVD for this disc like they did for Audio, their first release.
Old 04-14-03, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Static Cling
I got tickets to the Washington, DC, show! WOO! I've seen 'em in Vegas and Boston, and I can't wait to see the new show they're putting together for the Complex Tour.

Not sure if it's still available, but you can pre-order The Complex CD and get a deal on a t-shirt with the Complex logo on it from their site.

And hopefully, they will release a DVD for this disc like they did for Audio, their first release.

The CD and T-shirt deal are still available, but not in my size XXL

And er um... if you ever have a need to get rid of one of your tickets.... I'm right here.
Old 04-15-03, 10:02 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have official access to some audio clips from The Complex! If you'd like to hear the first few songs, post your e-mail here, and I'll get you access as well.
Old 04-16-03, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Static Cling
I have official access to some audio clips from The Complex! If you'd like to hear the first few songs, post your e-mail here, and I'll get you access as well.
I'll take some of those my email is in my profile. Thanks!