Charade/The Truth About Charlie

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-03, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever since I 'volunteered' to do this request, I have been trying to figure out how to do it well with the limited resources I have for Charade. One way I thought of was to have 1 movie on each side of the cover, but I didn't think that would look too great. Also, as far as Charade goes, I couldn't get a full, high-quality poster of it. Thus, I submit for the approval of JJE (and others), my early front cover idea for Charade/The Truth About Charlie.

P.S. If it comes out looking good and I can find resources, I'll do one for Meet Joe Black/Death Takes a Holiday.

Old 04-11-03, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

that looks great. there is also the Criterion cover for Charade on dvdca.
Old 06-13-03, 08:44 PM

Are you still going to do this cover BD? I know it's been 2 months & you haven't done anything with so you probally decided to scrap the idea.

If Bunny does decide not to do it, Maybe someone else will be willing to take it on. Rammsteinfan maybe? he's done alot of Double Feature covers
Old 06-14-03, 04:06 PM

Sorry I haven't done anything with it. I've been busy the last couple of months with school. Now that I'm out for the summer, I'll try to get back on it. I wanted to do a couple of other covers first, though, because I had some ideas that I want to try out. I'll try to get around to it asap.
Old 06-22-03, 03:59 PM

I haven't seen JJE around here lately, so I don't really expect much in the way of respones. I just figured that I'd make the information available, just in case:

I lost all of my files so I had to start over. So far I have the spine and the back. I'll try to be done by next week...

P.S. If someone could provide me with the spine # for The Truth About Charlie, I'd appreciate it.
Old 06-22-03, 08:23 PM

I'm still around, That looks great but I have a few small suggestions. 1. Put Charade first on the spine 2. If it's possible have both a Cary Grant & Mark Wahlberg photo on the spine, I was thinking maybe keep it in the square & have Half of Cary Grant's face & Half of Mark Wahlberg's face, but that might be to difficult

If you don't have it before then I will give you the Spine # as soon as I get my DVD back from my uncle.
Old 06-27-03, 01:26 PM

JJE:

If you refresh the page, you'll see that I changed the spine layout to match your requests. I'm still not sure about the bright yellow front and the red banners on the top and bottom, but I like the spine. Any ideas? I'll get started on the back as soon as I can. I'm sorry this is taking so long.
Old 06-27-03, 07:04 PM

No problem, I'm just glad someone is doing it. Maybe if you used Gold instead of Red for the banners it might not stick out as much. There is the Criterion cover for Charade on dvdca & it's black, so it might fit in better.
Old 07-13-03, 07:05 AM

Hey Bunny,
your probally gonna get tired of me bringing this thread back up, but I have that spine # (22821) & if you need anything else from the cover (as long as it doesn't need to be scanned) I can get it for you.
Old 07-14-03, 07:11 AM

I'm not tired of this thread at all. If anything I'm a little embarassed that I haven't been able to get anything done with the cover. Don't think that I'm not trying, but it is hard to make a cover for more than one movie and still get it to look good. If anyone reads this and wants to try to make a back, I could send them the front and spine I made... If not, I'm hoping that I'll figure something out for this cover soon.
Old 07-14-03, 07:59 AM

I have an idea for the back, that doesn't require screenshots, for Charade use the criterion front cover & for Charlie use the alternate poster (the white one) & make the back like the front (half & half) then just put a short synopsis of each film & the specs, studio logos, etc... I can get you all the information (& a short synopsis) if you need it.
Old 07-15-03, 05:50 PM

You got it chief. I'll give it a try.
Old 07-24-03, 04:23 PM

I posted the current version of the cover over at the DVDCoverArt forum, JJE. The back is almost done, and it looks like the cover will soon be completed. Once again, I'm sorry it took me so long.
Old 04-26-04, 12:30 PM

I know this is long after the fact, but did you in fact create a new cover for The Truth about Charlie/Charade?

I would really like to get something to replace the original, as I still haven't watched and have no plans to watch the remake.

I'm completely new to the whole cover-scanning business, I'm registering at dvdca to see if there is anything I can scan for someone, but I don't know that there will be. (My collection is somewhat esoteric)