Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Shipping - Group Shipment

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-03, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know, what if I order 2 DVD. One is available in store, the other one is waiting to be released (not yet released). If i group both items in one shipment, it will ship the first item and the second item after it is available right ?
Old 04-08-03, 08:57 AM

Recently, Amazon has not done this for me. I recall them doing so in the past. If you want the item that is already available, you would have to check the box requesting immediate shipment. For example, I have a pre-order on a DVD for next month along with a King Crimson CD that is already available. The order has been sitting there waiting for the DVD to be released.
Old 04-08-03, 10:30 AM

I've got to second mediabear on this. Amazon used to do this a lot, but now they're actually more likely to do what you tell them to do. If you say "group to as few shipments as possible" they will actually delay shipping in stock items to wait for pre-orders.

I have had orders with them though that were broken into 2 boxes, even though all items were in stock. I'm assuming this was more due to the items being in different warehouses than anything else though.
Old 04-08-03, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thirding here - Amazon used to break things up even when you said group together, but I'd allege that they've changed it to exactly what you say to do, i.e. "as few shipments as possible".

There ARE exceptions - I ordered Harry Potter DVD and Book, and the DVD has shipped while the book is waiting, but that may have been on purpose on Amazon's part.

If you order, look at planned ship date - that usually holds up now.
Old 04-08-03, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

On a side note, what about pre-orders? If I place a pre-order and an order for something in stock, will I have to wait for the pre-order to be released? Secondly, when do they charge for a pre-order? After shipment or immediately?

Thanks
Old 04-08-03, 07:31 PM

okay... what i did was ordering the "Friends the complete 1,2 & 3 season" - which are released on April 1st and "Good Burger" - this will be release somewhere in May. I've grouped the item together & the delivery stated there will be April 2 - June 15. The order was made on March 24th (before the Friends was released).

I get back to Amazon on April 7th to know the status & they said that Friends DVD was back-ordered and apology from them because cannot complete the order. In the other hand, they reduced my shipping cost from 11.98 to 7.48. Now i have to wait until the stock available again .

Any comments ?