Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

No Miracle for Miracles

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-03, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Miracle for Miracles

AICN is reporting that after 6 aired episodes Miracles has been given the axe by ABC. Pity, as it was an excellent show that started out strong and was building an interesting backstory. I just don't understand how networks expect a show to find an audience when they make it almost impossible for people to find the show. Can't watch something that is always being pushed aside for something else. Oh well. First Firefly, then Farscape and now Miracles.
Old 04-04-03, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
#$%#$%#$%#$%@!#$%
Old 04-04-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well this really bites. But it was expected.
Old 04-04-03, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Screw ABC.
Old 04-04-03, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Futon Critic is reporting this as well. It was good while it lasted, I guess.

So much for the Monday block, first Veritas, now Miracles.
Old 04-04-03, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That Monday block was so destined for failure, it's amazing the idiot who proposed it wasn't fired. TV execs ... gotta love 'em. They probably promoted the guy.

Sad too, as I was starting to enjoy the show

das
Old 04-04-03, 12:23 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
At least after they cancel Alias after next season, you know it's going to happen, I won't have to bother with this network again.
Old 04-04-03, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Curious... when's the last time Miracles was actually on? This past monday? Why didn't they cancel it before the preempted it for a month straight...

Is the Practice still performing horribly in their "new" timeslot? Isn't Dragnet suffering on Sundays as well? They need to move the Practice back...
Old 04-04-03, 12:53 PM
Banned

Are they going to show the rest of the season? This is my favorite show on tv at the moment behind crank yankers. This show is just so creative and freaky. Why do stations allways cancell the cool horror shows? Remember the nightmare cafe that one was awsome to and they cancelled it.
I hope this show gets shown on a different channel because the story is very intregining and I want to learn what everything is tieing up to.
Old 04-04-03, 01:01 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was a cool show, but I knew from the moment I heard about it that it was going to get cancelled. I never really loved it, so it's almost a good thing it's cancelled since Greenwalt is going back to Angel. Of course, if Angel gets cancelled then I'll probably be a little more mad that Miracles was cancelled too.

Also, there's hardly any way I could hate ABC any more than I already do. They cancelled arguably the best comedy ever, Police Squad, and arguably the best drama ever, My So-Called Life. I'll never forgive them for either of those.
Old 04-04-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
This was not unexpected but sad nevertheless. It was a great show with a solid cast and original, intelligent adult storylines. The ratings were bad for the show and it consistently lost to the CSI clone and crossing jordan ... two other detective dramas.
I think a skilled monkey could have scheduled and treated this show better than the net execs at the alphabet channel. too bad, now I only watch MNF and maybe the Mole (non-celebrity edition) on ABC. sigh.
Old 04-04-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A good show on a bad network. Maybe Sci-Fi will get the reruns of this.
Old 04-04-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

Hammer would get the reruns for "Good Morning, Miami" before she even looks at this..

Never watched this show..I sorta had the feeling it'd be cancelled so I never bothered. I'm getting tired of getting attached to shows that disappear in favour of reality shows thanks to the monkeys running the nets..

Makes me long for the Tartikoff days of television..
Old 04-04-03, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
That Monday block was so destined for failure, it's amazing the idiot who proposed it wasn't fired. TV execs ... gotta love 'em. They probably promoted the guy.
Yeah, but it made for *such* nice back-to-back beefcake pictures with Ryan, Dylan and Skeet...
Old 04-04-03, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Rogue588
Hammer would get the reruns for "Good Morning, Miami" before she even looks at this..

Never watched this show..I sorta had the feeling it'd be cancelled so I never bothered. I'm getting tired of getting attached to shows that disappear in favour of reality shows thanks to the monkeys running the nets..

Makes me long for the Tartikoff days of television..
Agreed, in all particulars. It's almost quaint to remember when networks were run by people w/ guts and imagination.

I watched this show and savored every minute of it, because I knew it was a goner from day 1. After Prey, Gideon's Crossing and Philly, I know what I'm going to get w/ ABC.

The finger.
Old 04-04-03, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth adamblast •<HR SIZE=1>Yeah, but it made for *such* nice back-to-back beefcake pictures with Ryan, Dylan and Skeet... <HR SIZE=1>

Not a bad babe quotient either for those of us who swing the other way.

das
Old 04-04-03, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
Agreed, in all particulars. It's almost quaint to remember when networks were run by people w/ guts and imagination.
...and a willingness to let a show find its audience.
Old 04-04-03, 07:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I'm getting tired of getting attached to shows that disappear in favour of reality shows thanks to the monkeys running the nets..
Please don't insult monkeys by comparing them to the people running the networks
Old 04-04-03, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth MrX •<HR SIZE=1>Please don't insult monkeys by comparing them to the people running the networks <HR SIZE=1>

Yeah, this talk frequently bothers me. You got a problem with monkeys? Huh? WHO WANTS SOME!?!?!

das
Old 04-04-03, 08:33 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
bummer.
Old 04-05-03, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

...and a willingness to let a show find its audience.
Very true.

Brandon Tartikoff, (for those who don't reemember first hand, like us oldsters do), personally intervened and saved both Hill Street Blues and Cheers, when he ran the NBC programming department in the early 80-'s.

He is sorely missed, and his like seems just as gone.
Old 04-05-03, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Brilliant visionary. I often point to Tartikoff's departure from NBC as a focal point in the demise of quality network television. He had the vision and patience to populate the airwaves with quality programming and the business savvy to ensure they dominated the ratings. Not a day goes by that I don't wish his like were among us today.

das