Alias 3/30 Endgame

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-03, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alias 3/30 Endgame

Endgame
60 min.
Christian Slater returns to complete his two-episode turn as a mathematician forced into Sloane and Irina's service.
Spoiler:

For weeks, Syd (Jennifer Garner) and the CIA have been searching for the abducted brainiac with no luck. Their big break comes when his wife (Tracy Middendorf) reveals shocking information that strikes a nerve in Jack and sends Syd to Russia against her father's orders. Back in the States, a grieving Sloane deploys the newly evil Francie (or whoever she is) to uncover---and assassinate---the person responsible for Emily's death. However, the hit hits a snag that changes one agent's life forever. Diane: Yvonne Farrow. Sark: David Anders.

Next week is another repeat but its the follow up to "rebirth" which contains a guest spot from Ethan Hawke and contains a great omage to Fast Times at Ridgemont High, so Charles C, you mgiht want to tape next weeks episode to get caught up.
Old 03-30-03, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-30-03, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just caught this episode. It was pretty good, but it definitely is nowhere near as good as "Rebirth" or a couple of the other recent episodes. Once again, since it hasn't aired in the US yet, I won't really spoil anything major, but just in case:

Spoiler:
There were a couple of pretty lame dialogue and scenes in it IMO (ex: 8 second table, you don't get a drawer in prison) that I was frankly surprised came from Alias. The ending, however, I could see coming from a mile away. Decent show, but not great.
Old 03-30-03, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A pretty solid episode, with more spy details packed into one episode than I recall seeing in quite a while.

Spoiler:
While we get just a hint of Sark's past, I could believe how careless Irina was in Kaplan's presence. Irina's a bit rusty around the edges. Both Diane's past and Kaplan's past came out of the blue. Once Sloane found out who shot his wife, you knew what was coming, I was even braced for it, but when the SUV went KA-BLOOEY, I was still shocked by the explosion. Evil Francie is really really the minion from hell.
Old 03-30-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved it when christian slater interviewed that vampire....

....ok j/k
Old 03-30-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Spoiler:
Robo-Francie is going down very soon, and I can't wait. Once Marshall figures out what pc the files were stolen through - then that will lead them to Will and to that bitch who killed Francie. Good ending - I can't wait to see Dixon in the upcoming eps.

There were a lot of good twists and turns this ep. I liked it a lot.
Old 03-30-03, 10:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

I figured Sloane would try and make a hit on Dixon when he called Francie, and I was kinda bummed thinking that Dixon might bite it. Soooo cheesy when he got back out of the car, though, and then it blew. Either:

1. Sloane meant to kill them both, and RoboFrancie has an itchy trigger finger, or

2. Sloane just meant to kill Dixon's wife, in which case she should've blown the car as soon as she got in.

I loved how it burned the hell out of Sloane when Emily's killer was someone he knew. Thinking about it now, why the heck didn't Dix take another shot when he saw that he had gotten Emily and not Sloane? He wasn't under fire, from what I can remember... was he just wigged out because he killed Emily?

Great twists with Mr. & Mrs. Slater being NSA/KRV agents, and how it related to the Bristow family... didn't see that coming at all.
Old 03-30-03, 10:38 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Static Cling
I figured Sloane would try and make a hit on Dixon when he called Francie, and I was kinda bummed thinking that Dixon might bite it. Soooo cheesy when he got back out of the car, though, and then it blew.
Weren't they taking two different cars? His wife went ahead of them and was indeed the target of Evil Francie.
Old 03-30-03, 10:40 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
ok ep

Sydney riding the mechanical bull

I think the Dixon's wife was the target. An eye for an eye, or in this case a wife for a wife. You could see it coming to, the whole her accepting it now was cheesey.

The thing that bothers me is Dixon giving his wife all the details of his misson. Your family isn't even supposed to know you work for the CIA and he's telling her who he's killed on his misson.

I loved Jack's face when Marshall was talking to him. I was expecting his neck to snap he turned it so fast.
Old 03-30-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
I think the Dixon's wife was the target. An eye for an eye, or in this case a wife for a wife. You could see it coming to, the whole her accepting it now was cheesey.
I agree. And her finally accepting Dixon's job w/ Directorate of Operations kind of bothered me, too. You just knew something was going to happen.
Old 03-30-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still watching, but I noticed in the scene between Sydney and Vaguhn in her bedroom. The music being played the background didn't match the lyrics from the closed captioning, which I had on.

I recognized the lyrics in the closed captioning, though, and it was Jack Johnson's "The Horizon Had Been Defeated". I just wanted to note that.
Old 03-30-03, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't believe no one's mentioned the best line of the episode yet:

Marshall to Jack: "You don't have to worry, 'The Death Star plans are NOT on the main computer'".
Old 03-31-03, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yay! No Ford Focus! It's the Toyota Prius, now. And the constant use of Nokia phones. I'm sure even the land lines were Nokia phones.

It was so hard to watch the last scene with Diane and Dixon. I read a recap before the episode finished, and it was utterly heartbreaking. FakeFrancie is sooo evil, and that scene with her onscreen and Dixon shouting in agony is very sad.

It was coming a million miles away, though. The scene with them talking earlier and the melodramatic music sort of gave it away.

FakeFrancie must die, now. Too bad the next episode is weeks away.
Old 03-31-03, 12:10 AM

I liked it. At least they didn't try to be subtle with the Elsa/Irina similarities. I don't know why, but Vaughn's partner's line "Jack's gonna shoot you in the face!" cracks me up.

I spent the whole last scene wincing and waiting for somebody to take a shot at Dixon or his wife. The explosion kind of snuck up on me.
Old 03-31-03, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Wow.

What a disappointing evening of television.

First the Simpsons..now Alias.

Boring & Way Too Predictable.

The whole Syd/Vaughn relationship is bugging me..

Poor Dixon.

And..are we going to have to put up with a bunch of eps of Will being beaten into submission as the suspected "mole" in the CIA..?

Please, no..

Agree with Patman about the tiny, 'lil bit of backstory we were given on Sark..and I agree with movieking's spoiler..

Here's hoping the next episode [whenever THAT airs..] is better..
Old 03-31-03, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I liked tonight's ep alot. Granted, I saw the death of Dixon's wife coming a mile away but I still jumped when the car went boom. I wonder where his character is going to go from here.
The always hilarious Marshall (the Death Star line was funny) set up the showdown with evil Francie's but I'm guessing it will still take a few eps to figure out she's the problem, not Will.
The whole Mr. and Mrs. Slater working for Russian intelligence and the NSA thing threw me for a loop. that just came out of nowhere and will leave just as quickly. I have to go back and listen to what Sark told him about his past, I missed the conversation. Guess we'll have to wait a few weeks to see what happens next.
Old 03-31-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Evil Francie is great. If she stayed around and became a central character, she might work her way up to out evil Sloane, who is the residing King of Evil on TV now, IMO. However, I would not be surprised to see if she was history by the end of this season...
Old 03-31-03, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
No!

Nooooooooooo!

My 2 year old manage to mess up my recording (its my wife's fault, damnit) so i miss this showing.

The first one i've miss since it started!!!!!!

I hope its repeated soon.
Old 03-31-03, 10:35 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Jlbkwrm
I liked it. At least they didn't try to be subtle with the Elsa/Irina similarities. I don't know why, but Vaughn's partner's line "Jack's gonna shoot you in the face!" cracks me up.
Yeah, the guy really nailed the delivery on that one. Weiss is getting turned into Agent Comic Relief.
Old 03-31-03, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

all in all it was decent episode. Glad she wasn't driving a focus not that the prius was any better.

Yes we all saw the killing of Dixon wife coming but I expected a sniper shot or something. WOW that robofrancie is good.

I suspect the reason they came in two cars is because Dixon might have come from work and the misses was going to pick up the kids.

Could have been a spy thing.

Not the best episode, but still gripping.

to marshall and his Death star plans comment.
Old 03-31-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sydney as a blonde in a disguise =
Old 04-01-03, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by freedexter
I'm still watching, but I noticed in the scene between Sydney and Vaguhn in her bedroom. The music being played the background didn't match the lyrics from the closed captioning, which I had on.

I recognized the lyrics in the closed captioning, though, and it was Jack Johnson's "The Horizon Had Been Defeated". I just wanted to note that.

I think the music that was playing in the background was Good Day from Luce
Old 04-01-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
I can't believe no one's mentioned the best line of the episode yet:

Marshall to Jack: "You don't have to worry, 'The Death Star plans are NOT on the main computer'".
LOVED that line!
Old 04-02-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Interested to see that Jennifer Garner and Scott Foley have split up now. I guess that means that the rest of us have a chance again
Old 04-02-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Gosh, I guess I was confused because I thought it was Dixon's car that blew up. The wife had already left and the editing was so quick it made it look like it was the car Dixon just got out of that blew up.

I even ran it back a few times. Of course when he gt out of the car and ran up to Sydney, the explosion looked a long way back from him, but I thought it was obvious it was his car.

If not, then why the last minute "Hey I forget to mention" as he bolts from the car. If it was his wife's car that exploded why didn't they just keep him in the car?

I didn't understand why FF looked all smug after she missed Dixon. I never for a moment thought that his wife died until I came on here and read the posts.

The editing was pretty bad, but I find it odd that I ran it back a few times and still didn't see what you all are seeing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.