Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How to refuse a billed package and get my money back?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I migth already have posted this, I can't remember if it was on this forum or another website. Anyways, I preordered Shadowbane around 3 weeks ago and it was released on the 25th. I paid basically the same price as I would have paid at the store except I have to add customs to that. Now its 4 days later and my package is still around 2500 miles away having travelled mybe 1% of the distance to my house.

I was already billed for the game, but I want to go buy it at the store now and just refuse to sign for my package. Can I tell UPS to ship it back to the company and if I do so, will I get my money back? This isn't service I expect when I preorder, I want my stuff early but at this rate, I will get it 15 days after the release date when my guild will already be 20 levels over me!

Might sound like I'm whining, but why do I pay more to preorder and then get my stuff after everyone else, that's the second worst service I've ever seen (the first being Amazon.ca)
Old 03-29-03, 12:12 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why don't you call and check with the store in question? You can refuse delivery when the package arrives. UPS would simply ship it back to the shipper. Now it all depends how the store processes undelivered packages but you should get your money back.
Old 03-29-03, 10:15 PM

be warned---most companies will expect you to pay the return shipping costs. Otherwise- they will take it back, expecially if you refused delivery. There is another option. call the company and explain your dissatisfaction on the receipt of the order. They should give a tracking number to find out where it is. If it is UPS fault they will credit the shipping cost to you. If it is the stores they should pay for the return shipping. You can always use your CCard comp and dispute all charges after you refuse shipment by stating that products were not delivered in specified time frame. BTW--most preorders that are shipped usually have the ability to be sent two to three days early. I work retail and know that mass merchandisers have them up to a week ahead but cannot sell due to street release dates and contracts.
Old 03-31-03, 07:33 AM
Cool New Member

I've "refused" packages both from the USPS and from UPS. Since I work, the package has always been left at my door - which is a bite; but, when it's a USPS package, I simply take it to the Post Office (located one block from my office) and tell them that I am refusing the package and I would like a receipt. I've never had any problem. When it's a UPS package, I simply have it picked up at my office (again, we get lots of packages delivered on a daily basis), advise them I am "refusing" delivery and ask for a receipt. No problems.

I then e-mail the company and tell them I have refused delivery of the package (for whatever the reason may be) and expect a full refund of my credit card charge. I call my credit card company - telling them the same thing.

I have never had a problem getting a credit applied to my credit card and I have never been requird to pay the return shipping cost.