Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield - 3/25

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-03, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shield - 3/25

Wow... The walls seem to all be closing in on Vic and the strike team.. makes me wonder what's going to happen next week with
Spoiler:
all the bodies at the money train

The way things are going downhill I can't see The Shield lasting more than a year or two.

Another great episode, sad to see the end next week already. Wonder if it's going to restart January 2004?
Old 03-25-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's no need for spoilers, it is in the previews shown early in this week's episode. Next week is defintely a "don't miss" episode.

And starting tomorrow is a Shield marathon, two episodes a night from Week 1, ending next week with the finale.
Old 03-25-03, 10:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 268 Likes on 203 Posts
I liked this ep.

The Vic/Claudette stuff is great

And I was glad to see Vic feel sorry for Julian and say something to him after the way he hung it over his head last season.

It's to bad next week is the season finale Looks great though.
Old 03-25-03, 11:45 PM
Banned

The Shield has yet to disappoint me. Next week looks like a great conclusion to another great season.
Old 03-25-03, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Heat •<HR SIZE=1>There's no need for spoilers, it is in the previews shown early in this week's episode. Next week is defintely a "don't miss" episode.<HR SIZE=1>

As is clearly stated in the TV Talk policies stickied atop this forum, the content of previews needs to be spoilered, and I for one am extremely appreciative of posters like TK-421 who make the extra effort to abide by them.

Anyway, great episode, but then ... DUH! I just loved how as they discovered more facts about the story, Dutch continually found ways to twist the pervert angle. "Maybe he gets off by having one kid kill the other kid ..." All the main characters have such great story lines. I'm very impressed with the way they juggle everything together to make sense.

das
Old 03-26-03, 02:32 AM

The walls closing in on Vic and the Strike Team? Nah I don't think so I'm sure they will find a way out of that mess they always do. What about Avaceda have we seen the last of him after this season? It will be real interesting to see how the strike team takes down the Money Train. I wonder if the storyline between Vic and Claudette will carry onto the next season only time will tell.
Old 03-26-03, 08:34 AM

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts
Great episode. Claudette's scenes were especially good. As were Dutch's. Claudette gave him some priceless glances as he was playing with the pervert angle.
Old 03-26-03, 08:47 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Overall, a top-notch episode with a great juggling act to balance all of the stories. It will be interesting to see where the show goes in Season 3 as there will be no way to wrap everything up in a pretty little bow next week.
Old 03-26-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This season just has not gotten me on the rollercoaster ride last season did. Im not saying its bad, but there is something of a "sophmore slump".

Place your bets on
Spoiler:
either the feds or another gang causing all hell to break loose during the money train takedown

Claudette as Captain, too wholesome for me. Aceveda, though only into his job for the platform it gives him for political advancement also knows that "playing the line" will get results.
Old 03-26-03, 02:34 PM

Re: The Shield - 3/25

Originally posted by TK-421

The way things are going downhill I can't see The Shield lasting more than a year or two.
Are you watching the same show that I am??? This show is the best thing worth watching on TV right now, how can you say it won't last more than a year or two?

Or do you mean a year or two more?

The play between characters is awesome in this show. The thing I like the best is that it doesn't run from week to week with no past. Meaning that things that happened in episode two are still shown on the "previously on The Shield" segments in episode 11. Some storylines last one show, others last a few shows, some last for a few shows and then come back for a few more later, and some last the whole season.

Love this show more and more every time I watch it!

Why do they only have 13 episodes, while shows like Buffy have 22? Anyone know that?
Old 03-26-03, 02:42 PM

Re: Re: The Shield - 3/25

Originally posted by potvin48
Are you watching the same show that I am??? This show is the best thing worth watching on TV right now, how can you say it won't last more than a year or two?

Or do you mean a year or two more?
When I say they're going downhill, I mean that things are getting worse for the team, and that if they continue at this rate the show won't last more than 2 years cause they'll all be in jail by then.

The show is great, I agree with you. But with Claudette saying she'll be watching Vic and with Acevada submitting their name to the Times, I'm thinking that team is going to be under the microscope and eventually crack.
Old 03-26-03, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
isn't Claudette a detective? doesn't Lt come before captain?
Old 03-27-03, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wouldn't mind seeing a short shake-up in the ranks with Claudette as Captain. Say just a half season or so. There's plenty of stories to come from that:

Dutch's new partner would be....?
Can Vic survive?
Will the strike team stay intact?
Old 03-27-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great show. I would like to see the new dynamic between Claudette and Vic if she was promoted, but what would happen to Acevado? For a minute there, I thought that she was going to tell the big wig to promote Dutch...
Old 03-29-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think they are setting up an interesting third season, where theoretically you could have Acaveda on city council and Claudette as captain.
Old 03-30-03, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm an idiot. I never watched the TV show (I don't watch much TV period). Considering my job my dad thought I would love the show and sent me the complete 1st Season on DVD and i'm hooked. The best show on TV for me. My problem is I want to watch all of the 2nd season in order. The perfect solutiuon would be waiting for the DVD, but I don't see it being released before the 3rd season starts. I just noticed someone posted that they are going to replay the full 2nd season, but it looks like I missed that (its the 30th).
Anyword that they are going to do a 2nd season marathon after the finale?
Old 03-31-03, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
DeputyDave, you're a few days too late. They started a season two marathon last Wednesday. Two episodes each night leading up to Tuesday's season finale.
Old 03-31-03, 08:21 AM

TheDigitalBits lists the Season 2 release date as September 2th.. and they'll probably do another marathon before Season 3 starts as well.
Old 03-31-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by TK-421
TheDigitalBits lists the Season 2 release date as September 2th.. and they'll probably do another marathon before Season 3 starts as well.
So when does Season 3 start? As long as the DVD comes out a couple of days before the new season starts I'd prefer to watch it on DVD.
Old 03-31-03, 09:28 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Right after this season ends they usually play the 2nd season over again. IIRC, this is what they did after the 1st season, then did a marathon.
Old 03-31-03, 03:18 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by DeputyDave
So when does Season 3 start? As long as the DVD comes out a couple of days before the new season starts I'd prefer to watch it on DVD.
I don't know how they are going to work Season 2, but the Season 1 DVD came out on the exact day of the Season 2 premiere. This meant if you wanted to catch up on the previous season you had to get the DVD set in the morning and watch all day before the show came on.

IIRC, last year they restarted the season again after the finale. However, I know for a fact that they aren't going to that this year (at least in the same time slot) because next week, Lucky gets the slot.
Old 03-31-03, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by Grouchzo
I don't know how they are going to work Season 2, but the Season 1 DVD came out on the exact day of the Season 2 premiere. This meant if you wanted to catch up on the previous season you had to get the DVD set in the morning and watch all day before the show came on.
They ran all the season 2 Shield episodes last week and knowing fx they'll keep showing single episodes until the new season starts. The show M*A*S*H* 6 times a day for pete's sake; surely they'll show one of their few sucessful shows while the show is dark.