Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What happened with Jeremiah Season 2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-03, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened with Jeremiah Season 2?

I read somewhere it was coming in late March. Was it shelved for later this spring? Not that I have Showtime anymore, but I really enjoyed season 1 and was wondering if it will truly return for another season.
Old 03-25-03, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Showtimes website still says it's been renewed, but only states it will premiere sometime in 2003. Giving us plenty of time to wait, I guess.

Kinda a bit like Sopranos in that way.
Old 03-25-03, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea, no kidding. I've been dying to see the next part of the story.
Old 03-25-03, 04:37 PM

I wish I knew! I put SHO back on in mid-Feb hoping to see some of last season's eps that I missed before the March launch.

No real news from SHO isn't a great sign - though I know there was some press about Sean Astin being signed to the cast around the beginning of the year.

I hate trying to weed through all the J. Michael S... sites trying to find a good Jeremiah update but guess I've got nothing better to do tomorrow
Old 04-04-03, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good news update:

-- "Jeremiah," the network's sci-fi series which stars Luke Perry and Malcolm-Jamal Warner, will begin running fresh installments in August according to creator-executive producer J. Michael Straczynski. Like "Time," "Jeremiah" will add a new cast member this season when Sean Astin ("The Lord of the Rings") joins the drama as the mysterious Mr. Smith who partners with Warner's character, Kurdy. Production is almost complete on its second season of 15 episodes.

Link
Old 04-04-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm glad it's returning, but August? AUGUST?? Geez ...

das
Old 04-04-03, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
Actually, they're almost done shooting season 2 already.

JMS on Usenet 3/31:

"To part two...season 2 of Jeremiah is just about finished in terms of production, and will go on the air sometime probably early or mid August."
Old 07-18-03, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yet another update:

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- Pay channel Showtime has announced the start date for the long awaited second season of its drama series "Jeremiah." The network will kick off its new season on Friday, September 19 at 10:00/9:00c. The news marks the end of a 14 month drought between seasons for the series.

Showtime's official web site posted the news on Thursday. The network also plans to air the 90-minute pilot of the series that same night at 8:30/7:30c.

Meanwhile fans of the series can look forward to a DVD release of the drama according to a story at the Comics Continuum web site. MGM Home Video will reportedly release the series on the format on January 20 of next year. We'll post any additional details as we hear them.
Link

It keeps getting pushed further back!
Good to see it's coming to DVD though!
Old 07-25-03, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

From the Bad News Files:

(re: a poorly written "report" found here: http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultim...&f=36&t=001223 )

Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 05:35:39 +0000 (UTC)

There was a lot in that article on the Pulse that was really badly reported, things were misphrased, two different sentences were put into one, sections are wholly incomprehensible...it's just a train wreck of a piece.

However, even though the article totally misstated the sentence so it didn't make any sense, the last phrase is correct, in that I have zero desire to return to a third season of Jeremiah. Showtime was great, no mistake, but MGM has overall been the most heinous, difficult and intrusive studio I've ever worked for. I've worked for, and had great relations with, Viacom, Universal,
Warner Bros., and a bunch more. But I will never, ever, work for the present administration at MGM.

I didn't know why so many other writers had a problem there and never wanted to go back. Now I do.

jms

das
Old 07-25-03, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There just seems to be some weird outside forces keeping JMS off TV.
Old 07-25-03, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now the question is: Does the show end or does Showtime/MGM continue without him?
Old 07-25-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And if they continue without him, do we continue to watch? I would say it depends on the quality of the storytelling, but I doubt it would be as good. I guess I couldn't imagine anyone being worse than TNT, but looks like I was wrong. MGM is also messing with Rising Stars too. I hope this gets straightend out because I would love to have the last three issues of that story published.
Old 07-25-03, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, this is really getting ugly. I imagine, in some part, the Rising Stars rewrites and alleged deliberate misinformation from Top Cow are bleeding over to Jeremiah, which really sucks. Three potentially great pieces of entertainment in three different mediums may get ruined because of this.

das
Old 07-25-03, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

das - If we take over the Sci-Fi channel, will you take the job as president????
Old 07-25-03, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth elektra •<HR SIZE=1>das - If we take over the Sci-Fi channel, will you take the job as president???? <HR SIZE=1>

It may be a conflict of interest if I accept the defunct War Forum's nomination in 2004 2008.

das
Old 07-25-03, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll settle for that!!!!