Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

On the Everwood Train

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
On the Everwood Train

With all of the reruns of late for Everwood, I've been catching up on many of the early Everwood (still haven't seen the pilot or maybe one or two of the early episodes). But what I've seen, I do like, and mainly due to the strength of the characterizations and acting on the show.

Then again, I don't think I've recovered yet from seeing Amy in the blue bathing suit either...
Old 03-18-03, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One more year ... one more year ...

Glad to hear you're on board. I've been very impressed with this show and hope others get the chance to discover it before it gets too far along.

das
Old 03-18-03, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This has been my favorite new show of the season.

Which surprises me, because initially I was not planning to watch it all based on the early descriptions I read. But the pilot ended up airing early before much other stuff got started so I decided to give it a chance. I really got hooked on it!
Old 03-18-03, 09:09 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only 2 more episodes left this season, starting April 21st
Old 03-18-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So is Doc Brown super-wealthy enough to move across the country and set up a free medical clinic? I know he was a badass super neural surgeon, so I guess he's got plenty of money stockpiled.
Old 03-18-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I dunno, I dropped this one from my viewing rotation a couple months ago. Everyone over-acted badly and the plots were getting annoying with the character cliches and subject matter. Everyone was also way too stubborn and irrational.
Old 03-18-03, 09:36 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
So is Doc Brown super-wealthy enough to move across the country and set up a free medical clinic? I know he was a badass super neural surgeon, so I guess he's got plenty of money stockpiled.
From all accounts, he was the leading neural surgeon in the US, most likely the world. Also, they portrayed him back then as never home, and always working. He did lectures as well so he's probably well covered in the finances, especially moving from NYC to Colorado.
Old 03-18-03, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I kinda like it, too. I first started getting glimpses of the re-plays the WB does on Sundays and now I have started to catch some of the early repeats. Its better than a lot of the other tired shows out there. My only problem is when there are new Third Watch episodes on, I sometimes miss it.
Old 03-18-03, 09:48 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Yup... my favorite new show this season... and CSI Miami is a close second. (Because of Everwood, I've dropped Crossing Jordan from my viewing schedule... hope to watch it now that EW is in reruns.)