Old 03-16-03, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alias 3/16 "Truth Takes Time"

No real spoilers, but here is the plot
Spoiler:
Truth Takes Time
60 min.
The most shocking ally offers to help Syd bring down Sloane before he, Sark and the escaped Irina can steal a German company's genetic-coding technology. Meanwhile, Vaughn faces the music for his unsanctioned research into Derevko's true agenda and receives the oddest gift from his girlfriend's gal pal. Francie: Merrin Dungey. Emily: Amy Irving. Kendall: Terry O'Quinn. Sark: David Anders. (VCR Plus+ 3993)
Also last week they bragged about how the first 90 seconds are so good, you will want to watch the entire hour.
Old 03-16-03, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The episode was alright, the first 90 secs are misleading. I have to admit, I was kinda pissed.

[spoiler??]
But that feeling you may have had for Jack at the end of last ep... same for Dixon this ep. like he just opened a can of worms
Old 03-16-03, 09:18 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
This sure gives Sloan motivation. He's going to go way out of his way for revenge. This should be good.
Old 03-16-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Standard ep...

Interesting Irina stuff..

I see that Irina actually has to be in her cell for the "time displacement" walk down the hallway..

Syd pissed me off when she stopped to see if Vaughn was alright after getting shot by Sark..The relationship is getting in the way..

It's weird seeing Dixon going on ops with them..Speaking of Dixon, how did he get out of the building before it blew?

Poor Emily..

Poor Dixon..

When the earrings started beeping, for a second there I thought it was Vaughn's tie..

BTW..was there ever a conclusion to Jack's killing of that curly haired guy..? Or was that rebooted too..?

Last edited by Rogue588; 03-16-03 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-16-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm really tiring of the show since the "re-boot."
Its just not engaging me on the same level as last year. Its on the verge of hitting the "Mulder and Scully" syndrome....no matter how hard they tried, they never solved a case.

Vaughn and Sydney will be chasing Irinia and Sloane for five seasons and never catch them, at some point you have to doubt the "super" part of being a superagent.

On the good side, an Marshall is awesome.
Old 03-16-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I loved the dinner scene when Francie got that look from Syd after she couldn't remember her old boyfriend's name - I was thinking "Busted"! I think she will be going down soon.

In regards to the earrings and the Morse code - Irina always keeps you on your feet - she's bad, she's good, she's bad....

I thought Sydney could have taken out Sark, too. I was like wtf? shoot him!

Why didn't Dixon take out Sloane and Irina - he had the chance. It's called collateral damage for a reason.
Old 03-16-03, 09:57 PM

Yeah great episode, and again the beginning was very misleading, But i kinda hoped her mom would have died but o well, and i dont think they should have killed Emily, but Marshal was his usual funny self.
Old 03-16-03, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
"Is that suede?"
Old 03-16-03, 11:21 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588

Syd pissed me off when she stopped to see if Vaughn was alright after getting shot by Sark..The relationship is getting in the way..
I agree.

I thought it was a average ep. I don't see how they can keep the show fresh by Syd chasing Sloane across the planet every week. I hope this ends by the end of the season.

I hate Evil Francie more then Kim Bauer now.

Very sad to see Amy Irving leave

Last edited by MrX; 03-17-03 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-16-03, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sad, sad episode. Kids shooting their moms, wives betraying their husbands, CIA operatives accidently shooting informatives.....heartbreaking.

I was wrong about Emily, though. I thought she had secrets to hide, but she was one of the very last "innocents". Nobody else remained uncompromised by SD-6/CIA/whatever but her, AFAIK.

I think we all underestimate the writers, regarding how long it'll take to resolve the Sloane thing. Did we all think it would take seasons for SD-6 to be destroyed? It had to happen eventually, but it only took 2 seasons, or 1 and 1/2, really. I don't think it'll take that long to finish this, but if it's just a transfer of evil (SD-6 to Sloane to Sark to whoever to whoever and so on...), then it'll be tired and played out soon.

I'm still sad. Especially since we had to wait 2 weeks for the episode, and will have to wait 2 more week for the next episode. Stupid Oscars...
Old 03-17-03, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think anyone saw that Emily would come in and turn State's evidence on Sloane. I was wondering how did Sloane not know that Emily was gone to the CIA, no less (you'd think he'd still have her on surveillance when he's gone from their home).

I'd bet the tie that FFrancie gave Vaughn is bugged or laced with something nasty.

Love Marshall's interjections.

*Chuckle* at Sark giving Irina the shock of her life.

*Chuckle* at Kendall getting his, uh, legs chopped down for this op.

Sloane's going to be on the warpath due to Emily's death, but you have to wonder if his quest for the Rambaldi artifacts will continue now that Emily is dead, and he had admitted that he was looking for the "fountain of youth" within his pursuit of the Rambaldi artifacts and plans. I guess Irina's Rambaldi search has suffered a setback twicefold now that Sloane is still in the chase, and Sydney has the genetic research information.
Old 03-17-03, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What was the morse code message at the end, I missed it?
Old 03-17-03, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I find Marshal annoying as hell.
the code was like "I miss you" or something like that.
Old 03-17-03, 06:14 AM

What was the morse code message at the end, I missed it?
It was "Truth Takes Time" encoded in some way, Syd had to tear up the paper and rearrange the words. She looked confused after reading it..
Old 03-17-03, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Some parts of me want to believe that Irini has turned "good", and some evidence would be that she wanted Sydney and Vaughn to chase her out of the building because she knew it would going to blow.

Also, given Emily's reaction to Irina, you have to wonder when that backstory will materialize.

I did like the bit about Irini telling Sloane not to try and insinuate himself into Sydney's past as a father figure.
Old 03-17-03, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I enjoyed the episode a great deal:
Francie is so busted after not remembering the ex-boyfriends name. I shutter to think what's up with that tie she gave Vaughn.

I agree that Sydney checking to see if Vaughn was OK was a bit much. She could have nailed Sark but he's too hot to die so soon... I too wonder how Dixon got out of the building. I'm not as concerned with Dixon not shooting Sloan and Syrina - he realized he just killed an innocent person, someone he knew to boot. It may be unprofessional to be shaken up like that but it's Dixon, he does have feelings.

Man I love Marwshall. I think this was the first episode someone actually yelled at him during one of his nervous speeches.
Two weeks until a new episode. Gotta love the Oscars.
Old 03-17-03, 07:51 AM

Received 96 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally posted by kaempfer
It was "Truth Takes Time" encoded in some way, Syd had to tear up the paper and rearrange the words. She looked confused after reading it..
I don't think it was really encoded -- I think they just started writing it down in the middle of the repeating sequence. I could be wrong though.

I really want Irina to turn out to be a (primarily) good guy in the end, so the message made me happy.
Old 03-17-03, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is there any place I can get a detailed summary of what happened? I got caught up in watching the ESPN selection show.
Old 03-17-03, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by TruGator
Is there any place I can get a detailed summary of what happened? I got caught up in watching the ESPN selection show.
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com
Old 03-17-03, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ABC has the synopsis up:

http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/...isode218a.html
Old 03-17-03, 08:46 AM
Admin Emeritus

When the earrings started beeping, for a second there I thought it was Vaughn's tie..
Yeah, me too. FrancieBot is SO fake. Not the actress, but the spy trying to portray Francie is just an idiot! Did she do ANY research on Francie? Did she do ANY research on how people act in real-life? "I didn't buy my boyfriend anything... but I bought your boyfriend a tie, Sydney!" At least disguise the weirdness by buying EVERYONE something. UGH! It's like she's trying to play a game of "How weird can I act without Sydney blowing my head off?"
Originally posted by Meatpants
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com
Such a good site. They have the recap preview up right now, and it'll take a few days for the full recap, but they're always worth the wait.
Old 03-17-03, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What happened in the first 90 seconds? I got distracted and did not turn on the TV until 9:04. Stupid XBox...

ALSO -- is it just me, or does anyone else keep screaming the same darn thing every time the CIA goes after Sloane: "Air support! Air support! Where the ***** is my air support?"

Reminds me of the innumerable cop shows where the good guys go in without calling for any backup... I mean, duh!

All in all, another good ep, IMO.
Old 03-17-03, 10:18 AM

I'm getting tired of every episode since the reboot ending like Ally McBeal, with the music and the touchy feely...
Old 03-17-03, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think Irina's actually setting up Sloane and Sark in the end. I think she "accidentally" dropped the disk and "just had to" call Sydney in Stuttgart.
Old 03-17-03, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Why is Irina's yelling out for Sydney even being questioned..?

Of course she yelled out so Syd would get out of the building before it blew..

Oh wait..perhaps she yelled to say "Nyah nyah You can't catch me..now even though i'm one of the people that you're here for -- keep running in the opposite direction further into the building that's about to explode.."

C'mon now..

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.