Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

"Rush in Rio" DVD Thread

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

"Rush in Rio" DVD Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-03, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
"Rush in Rio" DVD Thread (10-21-2003)

FIRST-EVER LIVE DOUBLE-DVD SET & DELUXE TRIPLE-CD SET SLATED FOR OCTOBER 21st

Legendary rock trio Rush (Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart) returns October 21st with the simultaneous release of a two-disc, first-ever live DVD and a three-disc live CD, both entitled RUSH IN RIO. The sets capture all the excitement of the band’s 2002 tour of North and South America. One of the largest-grossing tours of the year, the itinerary found Rush performing before hundreds of thousands of fans throughout Canada, the United States and, for the very first time, in Mexico and Brazil. RUSH IN RIO (DVD on Anthem/Coming Home/Zoë; CD on Anthem/Atlantic) was recorded and filmed at Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on the final night of the tour in front of a spirited crowd of over 60,000.

The three-hour concert includes songs spanning the group’s entire 30-year career - from the mammoth guitar riffs of “Working Man” (from Rush’s debut album) to the contemporary crunch of their latest #1 rock smash, “One Little Victory” (from their critically acclaimed 17th studio album, 2002’s VAPOR TRAILS). All of the great Rush hits are present, including “Tom Sawyer,” “The Spirit of Radio,” “Closer to the Heart,” “New World Man,” “Distant Early Warning,” “2112,” “The Big Money,” “Freewill,” “YYZ,” “Dreamline,” “The Trees,” and “Limelight.” Also featured is a special never-before-performed acoustic version of “Resist” from 1996’s TEST FOR ECHO and an updated awe-inspiring Neil Peart drum solo (“O Baterista”).

In addition to the entire live performance, which was mixed by James “Jimbo” Barton (Metallica, Godsmack, Eric Clapton) and guitarist Alex Lifeson, both the DVD and CD packages include special bonus materials that will appeal to both new and long-time Rush fans.

The CD set contains two “authorized bootleg” tracks recorded earlier in the 2002 tour: “Between Sun & Moon,” a gem from 1993’s COUNTERPARTS album never before played live; and “Vital Signs,” from 1981’s classic MOVING PICTURES and appearing on a live album for the very first time.

The DVD was produced from a 22-camera shoot and will be presented in 16x9 widescreen format. Audio options include Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound and Dolby Digital Stereo. Among the numerous DVD bonus features are:

• A documentary by longtime Rush photographer Andrew MacNaughtan that includes band interviews as well as rare rehearsal and backstage footage.

[B]• Multi-angle viewing options on “La Villa Strangiato” and “YYZ” (Alex, Geddy, or Neil angle in addition to the original cut), plus two alternate angle shots on “O Baterista.”[/B[

• Easter eggs: “By Tor & The Snow Dog” (from 1975’s FLY BY NIGHT) cartoon created specifically for the tour, and an extremely rare live performance from 1975 of “Anthem” (also from FLY BY NIGHT) that was recently discovered in the Rush vault.

Regal Theaters will host special theatrical premieres of the DVD in over 30 major markets on release date. A complete list of cities and theaters will be announced in September.

RUSH IN RIO is a truly stellar set that captures the energy, power, and virtuosity of one of music’s most dynamic ensembles.

COMPLETE TRACK LIST:

Tom Sawyer

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

Roll The Bones

Earthshine

YYZ

The Pass

Bravado

The Big Money

Trees

Freewill

Closer To The Heart

Natural Science

One Little Victory

Driven

Ghost Rider

Secret Touch

Dreamline

Red Sector “A”

Leave That Thing Alone

O Baterista

Resist

Limelight

La Villa Strangiato

The Spirit of Radio

By-Tor & The Snow Dog/Cygnus X-1

Working Man

Between Sun & Moon (CD ONLY)

Vital Signs (CD ONLY)

Last edited by Lateralus; 09-20-03 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-10-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
God I am pumped for this dvd.
Old 03-10-03, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx for the info !
Where did you get the info on this ? (If 'ya don't mind me askin)
Can't wait

CHEERS ! jefff
Old 03-10-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Aw yeah!!!

Old 03-10-03, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cool!
Old 03-10-03, 12:24 PM

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
BOING!!!

Sweet!! Especially since I missed them on their Vapor Trails tour (first time since Power Windows that I missed 'em).
Old 03-10-03, 03:52 PM
Banned

F$%^ yeah.

Ghost Rider is on there! Can't wait. Is a CD also going to be released?
Old 03-10-03, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

sah-weet!

thanks for the heads up
Old 03-10-03, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Although I love ALL THINGS RUSH and will gladly snap this dvd up, I think RUSH sounds best INDOORS.

just my 2 cents

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-12-03 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-10-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I too can't wait to pick this up...but as with most things I really, really want, since I'm a pessimist, I'll believe it when I see it. I DON'T think you're lying, but someone could burn down the building with the masters or accidentally erase them or any number of bad things can happen until it's release...hopefully it'll be ok, but after the test for echo dvd became impossible, I'm worried about future live Rush DVDs.
Old 03-10-03, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Etrigan
Thanx for the info !
Where did you get the info on this ? (If 'ya don't mind me askin)
Can't wait

CHEERS ! jefff
I get most of my information from www.rush.net

As for Rush not releasing this DVD, the Different Stages DVD never even started production so it died pretty quick. Besides they have mentioned the new DVD iin every interview and article I have seen for the last two months or so.. it will come!

And finally, Yes Rush does sound better inside.
Old 03-12-03, 11:59 AM

F*** yeah! I thought the acoustic Resist was awesome. Can't wait.
Old 03-18-03, 05:18 PM

I am so there.
Old 03-18-03, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally posted by Giantrobo
Although I love ALL THINGS RUSH and will gladly snap this dvd up, I think RUSH sounds best INDOORS.

just my 2 cents
ALL hard rock acts sound better indoors.
Old 04-18-03, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

July 9th???? release date.

New Geddy Lee message:

http://www.geddylee.net/
Old 04-18-03, 09:05 AM

Originally posted by Jason
ALL hard rock acts sound better indoors.
What's the reasoning behind this? Just since the volume is extremely loud? I've always prefered outdoors shows but I don't go see a lot of hard rock acts.

Aaron
Old 04-18-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by blinkin_winkin
What's the reasoning behind this? Just since the volume is extremely loud? I've always prefered outdoors shows but I don't go see a lot of hard rock acts.

Aaron
To me it just sounds better, when your in an arena all the music stays in the arena when your outside the music can just go and go and go. The lighting is better indoors also, espically with groups like Rush which uses lots of special effects. When your outside usually the first half of the concert is in daylight so you can't see the lights or special effects as well.
Old 04-18-03, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it cheaper to make a Live convert video in Rio or something?? First Iron Maiden, now Rush.

I'm waiting for the Great White - Burning it up in Rio DVD (Ooo, that was in bad taste)
Old 04-18-03, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I, for one, am glad that they're coming out with a really good Rush DVD. The Chronicles DVD left me wanting. It only had DD 2.0. I'm glad that there will be a DTS option on this new one. I really liked the audio quality of the Different Stages CD and I hope this live concert will be similar.

I also hope that they release A Show Of Hands and Exit, Stage Left on DVD as well before I give in to buying the Brazilian versions.
Old 05-15-03, 04:16 AM

For dvdtalkers only do not link. Want a 40 sec sneak peak of Tom Sawyer from the dvd? 27mb edited from 180mb of other artist footage.
Rightclick/save as

Get it now before it goes down like a groupie's panties.

Last edited by Hannibal; 05-15-03 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-24-03, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

More DVD Info:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RUSH IN RIO

FIRST-EVER CONCERT DVD TO BE RELEASED EARLY THIS FALL.

Los Angeles, CA (May 22, 2003) Coming Home Studios is proud to announce the fall release of the home video and DVD debut of “Rush in Rio”.

Revered and idolized, RUSH - Geddy Lee on bass and vocals, Alex Lifeson on Guitar and Neil Peart on drums - give an outstanding performance in this amazing show shot in the world famous Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Filmed on November 23, 2002 and shot with 22 cameras in 16x9 widescreen format, it was the band’s final date on the band’s successful “Vapor Trails Tour.”

The show beautifully captures the energy of the show and the 60,000+ fans that saw RUSH perform. RUSH rewarded the fans with such hit songs as “Closer to the Heart,” “The Spirit of Radio,” “Limelight,” “The Big Money” and “Tom Sawyer” to name a few. Rush’s 17 albums are well represented through a 28-song performance.

The DVD will be a 2-disc set that will include a documentary of the band’s tour of Brazil that includes footage from shows in Porte Allegre, Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro. There will also be extensive bonus features such as: multi-camera options and hidden clips. This is a truly amazing DVD set that captures the energy, power and virtuosity of this legendary ensemble. The audio will be offered in Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound and DTS Digital Surround Sound. The DVD will be distributed by Rounder Recorders in the U.S., Anthem in Canada, Sanctuary in Europe, JVC in Japan and Sum Records in South America.

Coming Home Studios is a full service television and DVD production and distribution company that uses cutting edge production methods to provide the music fan with a front row seat at the concert. Coming Home Productions and Coming Home Distribution are affiliates of Coming Home Studios, LLC.

Fall release date but the webiste says July release date.

How did I miss Hannibal's post
Old 07-27-03, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Release date 9-15-2003

Double Live DVD and Triple Live CD.

Revered and idolized, Rush - Geddy Lee on bass and vocals, Alex Lifeson on Guitar and Neil Peart on drums - give an outstanding performance in this amazing show shot in the world famous Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Filmed on November 23rd 2002 and shot with 22 cameras in 16x9 widescreen format, it was the band's final date on their successful "Vapor Trails World Tour". This DVD beautifully capures the energy of the show and the 60,000+ fans that saw Rush perform. Rush rewarded them with such hit songs as "Closer To The Heart", "The Spirit Of Radio", "Limelight", "The Big Money" and "Tom Sawyer" to name a few. Rush's 17 albums are well represented through a 28-song performance. This 2-DVD set includes a documentary of the band's Brazil tour with footage from shows in Porto Alegre, Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. There are also extensive bonus features such as multi-camera options and hidden clips. This is a truly amazing DVD set that captures the energy, power and virtuosity of this legendary ensemble. Dolby Digital Stereo & Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound. DVD Extras: *** Hidden Easter Eggs including a rare promo video and 'Bytor' cartoon *** Multi-angle 'Alternate Cut' options *** YYZ - 3 alternative cuts of this song focusing on individual band members *** Drum Solo - 2 alternate cuts *** La Villa Strangiato - 3 alternate cuts of this song focusing on individual band members ***Aspect Ratio 16.9 Widescreen *** Pal

Last edited by Lateralus; 07-27-03 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-27-03, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Old 07-27-03, 06:57 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Lateralus
Filmed on November 23rd 2003 [....]
[....] was a time machine involved?

[]
Old 07-27-03, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by benedict
[....] was a time machine involved?

[]
Hey! I just cut and pasted the article!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.