Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

My interview with Mike Vosburg the artist of Tales from the Crypt mentions about dvd

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

My interview with Mike Vosburg the artist of Tales from the Crypt mentions about dvd

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-03, 02:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found his contact info in some of my tales from the crypt stuff. I had orginally contacted him to see if he could sell enlarged prints of the pictures he drew. He told me he would if he could but there are rights issues. I also asked him about the tales from the crypt dvd sets. I thought some of your might like to read this. It doesnt sound very promising to me. Because if they were making dvd sets I think he would know about it.

Heres a few highlights I have written a transcript

Me;Hello Mike I just want to say I very much enjoy your art. What was it like working on the tales from the crypt staff?

Mike; It was one of the few jobs I had where the money was great and the experience working with all those people was fabulous.

Me;I am a big fan of your art work, is there anyway I could purchase prints of your TFTC drawings?

Mike; I have copies of the majority of the covers, but I'm not authorized to sell prints of any of them. I'ved had a few requests over the years and what I might think about is putting them all on a CD and working out some kind of arrangement with those people who would like a copy to cover my time. This might take a while, but at least I've started to think about it.

Me; Have you heard any talks about the show being released onto dvd in full?

Mike; While the show seems to run forever (I've noticed AMC is currently running episodes from time to time), HBO has never been very aggressive about getting the material out for the video/DVD market.

Me; Why is this? There are alot of fans including me that would pay top dollar for sets. I know there are many others

Mike; One of the problems might be in who gets the profits: the Gaines estate,HBO,Silver/Zemeckis/etc. I know with the covers the rights were split between myself,Gaines, and Joel Silver.

Old 03-03-03, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this thread should probably be in the dvdtalk section.

thanks for the info, my b'friend will be very disappointed though, he loved the show too.
Old 03-05-03, 01:41 AM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Good info. Sad news.

hgar78's right, you might want to post the info in this thread, or ask a mod to move and combine it:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=275093