Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dragnet - 3/2/03

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-03, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dragnet - 3/2/03

Pretty solid episode, though Ethan Embry's wide-eyed look about him annoys me. I did enjoy it when he went off on the guy who gave the false police report.

This show is pretty sordid. Why would anyone want to live in LA after watching this show on a weekly basis?
Old 03-03-03, 08:19 AM
razorbackfan

Very good episode. I usually don't like cops shows since they are so unrealistic, but last nights episode was as close to realism for tv as they could get. Frank kneeling down at the box in the Sports Park lot to keep from loosing it, and the camera pulling back was done very well. It did remind me of a case I was involved in some years ago. Something I would rather not remember.
Old 03-03-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent episode.
Old 03-03-03, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hadn't tuned into Dragnet since the first episode and I hadn't planned on watching this one either, for I was about ready to start viewing my tape of "I am a Celebrity get me outta here", but after viewing this episode I am gonna start tuning in more often for I think as well that this was an excellent episode, very intense and moving. I was really into it, especially loved the performance by Ed O' Neil. This was the first I ever heard of the term "family annihilator", so I was learning a few things as well about the men who commit such heinous crimes.
Old 03-03-03, 05:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought this was the best episode of the series so far. Ed O'Neal's reaction when he looked inside the box was wel done.
Old 03-03-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ed O'Neil is great. One of the few that can pull off such a dramatic character switch and be accepted as the polar opposite of his Al Bundy character.
Old 03-03-03, 09:09 PM

Quite enjoyed this episode.

The nihlistic slant isn't seen all that often.
Old 03-03-03, 11:03 PM

Good show so far IMO. Ed is great.....show got lucky that he got signed on as a replacement at the last moment.

Dave
Old 03-05-03, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Of the episodes that I have seen so far, this is the BEST episode of the current Dragnet series.