Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Linkin Parks new single...

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard it on the radio today ....'somewhere i belong'

It's pretty sweet!!! Their new CD 'METEORA' is coming out March 25th

I hope it's kick ass like their old one's!
Old 02-25-03, 12:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Linkin Parks new single...

Originally posted by White Knight

I hope it's kick ass like their old one's!

Umm, sir, the old one didn't "kick ass".
Old 02-25-03, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: Linkin Parks new single...

Originally posted by evenflowddt

Umm, sir, the old one didn't "kick ass".
I thought it did.
Old 02-25-03, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
flush......

Ok this thread is now crap free.
Old 02-25-03, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
I'm not trying to crap here - I'd just like to know what it is you guys like about this band, 'cause I just don't get it.
Old 02-25-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, for the most part, if you are in high school or college, and are into radio bands, chances are, you are gonna like Linkin Park.
Old 02-25-03, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That would explain why I can't stand them, since I graduated college some 7 years ago.

But then again, I volunteer at my church and work with high school kids and they can't stand Linkin Park either.

So, really, what's the draw? Is it really just a bandwagon thing - because that acutally makes sense.
Old 02-25-03, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
slop101

I'm 18, and I'm not a fan. IMO, they're a fad band. They'll have 2 albums that do good and then their 3rd one with either suck or they'll break up. Just like a lot of other "pop" bands. Not trying to knock on their fans. As Rypro said, they are a radio band, and people who are into that will probably enjoy their music and theres nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-25-03, 09:40 PM

I agree Linkin Park is a 'radio band'. ...Does that make them bad? Guess I have bad taste because I like their music.

The 3rd CD will be a serious focus point of the band. If it bombs well you know.... if it doesn't, LP will have some more steam to make another remix CD
Old 02-25-03, 09:52 PM
Suspended

I heard the new single, and to be honest am not impressed one bit. Sounds exactly like....well Linkin Park from their last album, with no growth at all. They need to ditch the ridiculous rapping already, that fad has come and gone already!
Old 02-25-03, 10:02 PM

I think all of there songs sound the same...
Old 02-26-03, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

By the way, I just remebered that back in November the local golf course set me up with and I played 18 holes of golf with the bass player for L.P.

He was such a nice guy, that I didn't bother to tell him his band sucks.
Old 02-26-03, 07:04 PM
Banned

Ahh yes, a Linkin Park thread that turns into a crap fest. You guys are sitting all high and mighty using the term 'radio band' like its a bad thing. Now I'm neutral when it comes to Linkin Park but subliminally crapping in a thread is not right.
Old 02-26-03, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just wanted to pop into this thread to see all the threadcrapping.... and I am not disappointed.

[rant]Why do people have to go into threads where they know they hate what everyone is talking about? I guess it feels so good to have such sophisticated and smart tastes and mock those who like that "radio music" that they have to do it often.

Ironically enough, people who post positive things about bands that get radio play don't interrupt the latest unknown artist threads to tell those people that their music is ****. Maybe in all actuality, the people who listen to radio music are the ones with taste, and the people who like "artsy" stuff that can't even sniff radio play are just trend followers who like a bunch of crap? Hmmmm.....

If you don't like the topic, stay out of the damn thread [/rant]

I don't really have a big opinion on the topic at hand, because I'm just not a fan of rap-rock. However, I think that of all the rap-rock bands, Linkin Park is probably the best because some of their old singles were kind of catchy, though overplayed. My main point of posting here was the above rant about snobby members which is something that has bothered me for a while.
Old 02-26-03, 07:45 PM

Just because a band has a song on the radio doesn't make their music bad. It's not the band's fault the radio stations overplay their songs.
Old 02-26-03, 08:44 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

At a time like this I really wish I was wearing my "Your favorite band sucks" T-Shirt.
Old 02-27-03, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I'm not usually swayed by what others think...I happen to like the Linkin Park sound... it's loud, aggressive and has some good sing along-able lyrics. The new single, sounds like standard Linkin Park, and I think it's pretty decent.

Sure it sounds like this song could have been on Hybrid Theory, but it's got some decent lyrics, a good sound and I'm enjoying it and looking forward to their album.

MATT
Old 02-27-03, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by mdc3000
Well, I'm not usually swayed by what others think...I happen to like the Linkin Park sound... it's loud, aggressive and has some good sing along-able lyrics. The new single, sounds like standard Linkin Park, and I think it's pretty decent.

Sure it sounds like this song could have been on Hybrid Theory, but it's got some decent lyrics, a good sound and I'm enjoying it and looking forward to their album.

MATT
Ditto.
Old 02-27-03, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by slop101
That would explain why I can't stand them, since I graduated college some 7 years ago.

But then again, I volunteer at my church and work with high school kids and they can't stand Linkin Park either.

So, really, what's the draw? Is it really just a bandwagon thing - because that acutally makes sense.
So, what music DO you like then? I guess it's all just a taste in music. I enjoy Linkin Park, i thought the 1st CD was pretty good. It all depends what you like i guess.
Old 02-27-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DJ_Longfellow
So, what music DO you like then? I guess it's all just a taste in music. I enjoy Linkin Park, i thought the 1st CD was pretty good. It all depends what you like i guess.
You asked:

One of my favorite bands would have to be Led Zeppelin - If it wasn't for them I never would have picked up a guitar.

One of my favorite album's of all time would be Rolling Stones' Exile on Main Street.

One of my favorite metal bands is Iron Maiden.

A couple of my favorite punk bands are The Clash and Descendants.

My favorite band to see live is Ocean Colour Scene - they're kind of like The Beatles with slightly heavier guitars and drums.

One of my favorite current bands would be Radiohead - because they write interesting music.

I guess that's the thing I don't like about LP - they may have a "rockin'" sound, but they have little to no musical depth - which, since I fancy myself a musician, I look for in a good band.

I'm not bashing people for liking them - I'd just like to know why.
Old 02-27-03, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

don't like this song at all...maybe it will grow on me

I loved their first album...hopefully the rest of the new CD is better
Old 03-02-03, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One song from MuDvAyNe could run circles around an entire Linkin Park album(s).

It's strange they are touring together?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 03-02-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Does calling Linkin Park a "radio band" mean they're the 21st Century version of Toto? ::shudder::
Old 03-02-03, 02:13 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jonpeters
One song from MuDvAyNe could run circles around an entire Linkin Park album(s).
Sorry, but no.
Old 03-04-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by slop101
You asked:

One of my favorite bands would have to be Led Zeppelin - If it wasn't for them I never would have picked up a guitar.

One of my favorite album's of all time would be Rolling Stones' Exile on Main Street.

One of my favorite metal bands is Iron Maiden.

A couple of my favorite punk bands are The Clash and Descendants.

My favorite band to see live is Ocean Colour Scene - they're kind of like The Beatles with slightly heavier guitars and drums.

One of my favorite current bands would be Radiohead - because they write interesting music.

I guess that's the thing I don't like about LP - they may have a "rockin'" sound, but they have little to no musical depth - which, since I fancy myself a musician, I look for in a good band.

I'm not bashing people for liking them - I'd just like to know why.

Guess all that explains why you don't like Linkin Park.
You don't even like the same catagory of music that LP's in.
Which makes me wonder why you even responded to this thread...?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.