Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Possible Boston Public Cancellation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-03, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible Boston Public Cancellation?

Is it possible that Boston Public may not make it to a fourth season?

I sure hope not, this is my favorite show (next to Simpsons of course). I heard a rumor from someone who is usually not too reliable. But occaisonally, not very often at all, she is right.

Just curious if anyone heard anything
Old 02-24-03, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The way things have gone for DEK and the fact that the show is pretty silly makes it a definite possibility. Consistently finishing 4th in the timeslot to 7th Heaven of all things doesn't help either. When I opened this thread I figured it was a long shot, but now that I think about it, the rumor may have some teeth.

It would be a shame for the show to get dropped ... where else can hasbeen teen idols go to die? Someone should call Wilbon ... he's gonna be pissed.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 02-24-03 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-24-03, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey

Someone should call Wilbon ... he's gonna be pissed.

I call him Chi McBride.

I didn't know it was doing that poorly in the ratings. I knew that CBS was kicking their ass on Monday Nights but if it is finishing behind whatever the WB is throwing up, that is a bad sign. I watch BP but I really wouldn't have a cow if they killed it. I love King of Queens so there is always something to watch if BP is axed. I just hope Jeri Ryan finds prime-time employment elsewhere.
Old 02-24-03, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Is Jeri Ryan still on this show? If so, please, please don't let it be cancelled. I'm afraid Braga will find some excuse to bring her onboard Enterprise.
Old 02-24-03, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth adamblast •<HR SIZE=1>Is Jeri Ryan still on this show? If so, please, please don't let it be cancelled. I'm afraid Braga will find some excuse to bring her onboard Enterprise. <HR SIZE=1>

Doesn't really matter. Observe:

"On an all new Enterprise UPN event, the Temporal Cold War hits home as Silik and Archer are forced to settle their differences among a 21st century inner-city high school. Guest starring Jeri Ryan and American Idol's Justin Guarini. U! P! N! UPN"

das
Old 02-24-03, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

T'pol & 7 together rubbing each other down in the decontamination chamber...

Now THAT'S some good Sci-Fi!

On a related note...if I see the promo for tonite's ep ONE. MORE. TIME.
Old 02-24-03, 02:37 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588
On a related note...if I see the promo for tonite's ep ONE. MORE. TIME.
I'm glad they're showing it so much. It reminds me not to watch it tonight
Old 02-24-03, 02:42 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 02-24-03, 02:49 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Groucho
And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I have a feeling this ep will only be topped in crappiness by the Justin and Kelly movie.
Old 02-24-03, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just hope she can escape her troubled gang lifestyle and abusive father to become a star. She's in good hands, though - I'm sure talent scouts will be all over the school musical (music and lyrics by Scott Guber).

das
Old 02-24-03, 02:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I just hope she can escape her troubled gang lifestyle and abusive father to become a star. She's in good hands, though - I'm sure talent scouts will be all over the school musical (music and lyrics by Scott Guber).

das

Not to mention her horrible case of stage fright and social anxiety that I'm sure Marylin will cure within the hour.

Last edited by MrX; 02-24-03 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-24-03, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth MrX •<HR SIZE=1>
Not to mention her horrible case of stage freight and social anxiety that I'm sure Marylin will cure within the hour.
<HR SIZE=1>

It's a shame her mother has to work 4 jobs to support the family, and she can't afford to buy her daughter any clothes. Learning from Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink, she designs her own clothes, but when caught up in a gang shooting, her one outfit is damaged the night before the performance. In a show of school unity, the student body comes together moments before the performance to present her with a beautiful gown made overnight in the Home Ec room. In a touching moment, the gown is presented by the gang member who raped her sister, and the whole school sings "Lean on Me" as the credits roll. Harper cries.

das

Oops ... forgot the SPOILER tags.
Old 02-24-03, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How about a Marilyn and Ronnie rub-down?
Old 02-24-03, 05:01 PM
Banned

Transfer Robert Beltran and Kate Mulgrew to the school and give the show more of a Sci Fi edge and maybe it will get better.
Give Jeri Ryan a pet tribble too.
Old 02-24-03, 08:36 PM
Banned

The story lines got pretty far fetched after the first season.... I wouldn't mind this show getting kicked off the air.
Old 02-24-03, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
This is one show that has gotten progressively worse every year since the first season. Most shows try to get better, except this one. Look at the cast turnover in just over two years for an example of how troubled this puppy is.
Old 02-24-03, 09:53 PM

I love this show but it sure has taken quite the decline. I too would not be surprised if it got axed.
Old 02-25-03, 12:25 PM
Suspended

I loved the show during the first season, but some of the better characters have been written off, replaced by the likes of Jeri Ryan and Michael Rapaport. Additionally, as has been noted,the storylines have become at times incredibly silly ("Ally" overflow?), and the ads just annoying, presenting every show as "a very special episode of Boston Public".

Honestly, it just seems as if David Kelley is creatively self-destructing.
Old 02-25-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
This show has been consistently declining more and more each season...they continue re-tooling the damn thing. New cast members come and go so quickly, that by the time you get to know them, they're replaced with a hot young Hollywood flavor of the month.

Just this season Jessalyn Gilsig and Rashida Jones don't return, soon followed by Nicky Katt's departure. BTW, was it ever explained why Lauren Davis quit?

"Hi, I'm Joey McIntyre! I'm a washed up late 80's boy band member, with a failed solo album debut that has absolutely no acting experience. But hey, let's not forget I'm from Boston, so that automatically qualifies me to be on Boston Public."

And now they have the audacity to use the show as a front for promoting American Idol!? Your ****ing 15 minutes of fame are over whatever the hell your name is! At the rate things are going, cancellation is inevitable.

R.I.P.

Lauren Davis
Harry Senate
Louisa Fenn
Miltion Buttle
Kevin Riley
Old 02-25-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

das
Hell I just hope her priest doesn't get her pregnant.
Old 02-26-03, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would not miss this show if it left the air. I stopped watching it a few weeks ago, and I as a faithful viewer. And don't dog 7th Heaven...I've been watching that instead and I actually like it! Of course, Lucy is hot...
Old 02-26-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cannot remember for sure if it was discussed in the following season, but Ms. Davis' leaving was played out as a suspension for drawing a gun on school property. Slight double standard when you think about Harry "popping a cap in the roof."

For the life of me I cannot recall the actresses name who play Davis, but she had issues with how her role was so diminished once Jeri Ryan came on board.