Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Unsuccessful trade! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-03, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unsuccessful trade! Please help!

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum since it's have to deal with trading. I'll try this first.

**PLEASE HELP ME!** IGN Deal gone bad.. Maybe, someone have been in this situation and able to assist me.

Sheep0101 and I had a trade back in 1/21. "The Getaway" and "Virtual Fighter 4" for his "DDR Max' and "MK"Deadly Alliance" for the PS2. I shipped it out on 1/22, he claims it hasn't arrived there yet. And I haven't gotten mine either.

He offered me to compensate me 1/4 of the value of the deal. I really don't care about the money. I think, I'm getting burn my this member. I was curious, if anyone else have deal with him. His email address is: [email protected] and he lives in Canada.

Other thing, I've done some trades with someone from Canada and it's been successful. How would this be any different?

Any help is appreciated!

Bruce
Old 02-22-03, 06:44 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

And that's why you should always use a shipment company that keeps realtime tracking info.
Old 02-22-03, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Consider it a lost transaction. Every once in a while you are going to encounter jerks who don't ship their items. Or maybe it got lost in the mail. Who knows?

Unfortunately there's always a risk when dealing with these types of transactions.
Old 02-22-03, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
If you're in the US and he's in Canada - I wouldn't be surprised if it takes over a month for your items to get to him.
Old 02-22-03, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

if only you had paid the .80 cents for delivery confirmation........
Old 02-22-03, 08:13 PM

If you're in the US and he's in Canada - I wouldn't be surprised if it takes over a month for your items to get to him.
Old 02-22-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Always Always Always do these things:

1. Verify that a person is who they say they are, by way of an EBay profile with sufficient feedback, or some sort of verification or longstanding relationship with Paypal.

2. Always use Delivery confirmation. The most i've ever seen it cost is $0.55, and its always worth it, even if the transaction goes flawless.

3. And no offense to the canadians, But always be more skeptical when it comes to international trades.

4. If the person's email is from a "free" service, such as yahoo or hotmail, ask if they can contact you from an ISP email, like from their MSN, earthlink, or AOL email accounts. These accounts are more likely to be linked with legit information, including Credit card and address information.

A discussion about a bad trader here on DVDtalk might be of some help, there were some notable suggestions made.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=176413
Old 02-22-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You get Delivery Confirmation for free if you print you postage online at http://www.usps.com/shipping/label.htm
Old 02-22-03, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts
I didn't think you could get delivery confirmation on a package shipping to Canada.
Old 02-22-03, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by brianluvdvd
I didn't think you could get delivery confirmation on a package shipping to Canada.
Good Point

From USPS:

Q. Can I use Delivery Confirmation service on International mail?
A. Delivery Confirmation is not available for International Mail....

Never knew that. But then again, i don't accept bids from internationals on my auctions. But i'll be sure to remember just in case.

Bruce, Get the number of the police department in his town. You could explain the situation to them, and possibly even file a complaint all on the phone. But be sure that you've given an ample amount of time for that package to be delivered.

The thing that really gets me is his offer to you. That makes him sound quilty to me, instead of generous (which is what i'm sure he thinks it sounds like). If he didn't receive anythign from you, why would he be willing to give you 25% of the trade value.
Old 02-22-03, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Always.....................

Two words:

"Delivery Confirmation"

Now you know!!!
Old 02-22-03, 10:23 PM

I've always asked my post office clerk about delivery confirmation for international shipping but it isn't available, which bites.

I was curious, if the airlines are liable of our luggages getting lost during our travels. Why can't our gov't be liable for the same?
Old 02-22-03, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by Bruce_S

I was curious, if the airlines are liable of our luggages getting lost during our travels. Why can't our gov't be liable for the same?
If you are referring to USPS, you should know that USPS isn't run by the government.

-Maneesh
Old 02-22-03, 10:46 PM

Maneesh,

Who runs the USPS? Maybe, we should consider a class action suit for all those undelivered mail... hehe
Old 02-22-03, 11:18 PM

USPS is an agency of the government, yes, but it is independently run. It's agency status simply allows it to be supported by the government, mostly through provided finances. You can tell that it isnt run by the government because of its URL. If it was government run, its URL would be www.usps.gov, not www.usps.com.

The government supports USPS under some rules. USPS has to ship to all parts of the country. As you might think, it is hard to make a profit when shipping to low key, rural areas in the midwest and such. The government requires USPS to ship there, even if it is at a financial loss, because it makes up that money in the government support.

You know what we need? The Pony Express.

-Maneesh

Last edited by maneesh; 02-22-03 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-22-03, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

except that www.usps.gov DOES work :b
Old 02-23-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

USPS is not the recipient of any government funds on a year-to-year basis. It is a company owned by the US government, and is supposed to break even based on it's own revenues. Any government money the USPS receives is a further investment in the business, not a "donation".