Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor 02/12/03 :The Men vs. the Women

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-13-03, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far, better then I expected. I do feel bad for the deaf girl though.
Old 02-13-03, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The asian guy blew that mission. They had a huge lead! He has to be the one getting voted out.
Old 02-13-03, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is going to be a very interesting first 6 rounds.

The tribal council was pretty entertaining.

The first person booted out is:
Spoiler:
Ryan, who was just too loud for his own good, but Roger almost got the boot, but Rob didn't come through for Ryan. So Ryan got booted with 4 votes, Roger had 3, and Daniel had 1.
Old 02-13-03, 08:32 PM

Im rather glad team sausage lost. A lot of them seem like jack@$$e$.

I also think having the deaf lady on is interesting, but I do question their motives for including her; did they do it to be inclusive or did they do it to inject some drama at her expense? Maybe i'm just being a bit overly sensitive because i find it interesting.
Old 02-13-03, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
I also felt bad for the deaf girl. I'm am rooting for her though.....And damn Heidi is hot.
Old 02-13-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What about including the housewife. Sheesh!

Jenna's funny. Shawna's okay hot. Heidi is inflated hot, but eye candy nonetheless.

Deaf girl was getting on my nerves. It's like, what did she expect? People to be signing Kumbaya?
Old 02-13-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This whole men vs. women presents an interesting dynamic...the guys are overly cocky and horny....the women are struggling to survive...

Oh, and Heidi is pretty damn hot...
Old 02-13-03, 09:05 PM

Next week

What do you think
Spoiler:
the women found? A candy bar wrapper? Tampon?
Old 02-13-03, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
GREAT new season here!

I'm so glad they got rid or Ryan rather than Roger. They need Roger's experience. Dan needs to go next, so they get the uncontributing kids off that tribe. I really thought the rest of the guys were fine.
Old 02-13-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

it was funny to hear the women/men talk about how they are bummed that they won't be able to use their whiles on the other sex....

As far as the deaf girl, I was happy to see her in the beginning, thinking that it would take a lot of courage only to be let down at the end of the first day when she started complaining that she couldn't participate in the dark...I still hope she does well and that the girls give her a chance..
Old 02-13-03, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
She needs to use some strategy and befriend someone. If she can get one of the other girls to share everything with her when plans are made, she'll be able to contribute. But if she keeps her distance from the others, she's only marking her own grave...er...ballot.
Old 02-13-03, 09:56 PM
Banned

where are they at this time?Someplace cold I hope!
Old 02-13-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Next week

Originally posted by shaggybrown
What do you think
Spoiler:
Sausage.
Old 02-13-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Cheddarmuff
it was funny to hear the women/men talk about how they are bummed that they won't be able to use their whiles on the other sex....

As far as the deaf girl, I was happy to see her in the beginning, thinking that it would take a lot of courage only to be let down at the end of the first day when she started complaining that she couldn't participate in the dark...I still hope she does well and that the girls give her a chance..
Nothing she could do would take away from the fact that she is courageous. I don't see her being there as being manipulative and she's inspiring to other deaf or hearing-impaired people. I, for one, hope she does well but it's great that she even took the chance.

The older people surprised last time, so my bet is that the women will not fair well unless they really twist the competitions to be less physical. And I still think the women are more likely to not work together and get catty.

Jeff kind of hammered the guys. It was funny, but kind of stupid. Like one of the older men said, it's all men think about from 12 on up (he said 15, but I'm speaking for myself). Unless they mingle before the merge (and why would they?) it won't matter how hot they think Heidi is. I really didn't think she was that pretty, but compared to the other and with those boobs, she'll stand out. I didn't think the swimsuit model was attractive at all. The guys who talked about her being really attractive must have seen her before she dressed down for the show.
Old 02-13-03, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Aaron Amos
where are they at this time?Someplace cold I hope!
Far from cold, they are in the Amazon - supposedly entering its dry season. I think the Amazon is the one place I wouldn't want to do the show. I wish they would go somewhere cold, even if it was a northern climate in the summertime - such as: Alaska, Canada, Norway, Sweden, etc. It's not like they have to be in warm places so the viewers can see skin, most of the contestants need to cover up anyhow. If it gets a little chilly in the northern climates in the summer, I am sure a sponsor of the show could properly outfit the contestants when it starts. I would just like to see the climate change from hot and humid/hot and dry to something a little different.
Old 02-13-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
The middle-age housewife who said she was surprised at how physical Survivor is must be the most naive person to ever try out for the show.

I think Dan, the man that was all brawn and no balance, should be the one to go next. He is lazy (as was Ryan), cocky and dumb. Rob is kind of obnoxious, I wonder how his play on the split votes will affect him in the long run. I thought Ryan was going to cry when he gave Jeff his torch. He was pouting like a major crybaby.

I like Heidi, she is cute and has a great body, but she is already skinny enough as it is, I can't imagine what this show will do to her and the swimsuit model in the long run. Much too skinny to start the show.

I liked Jeff ripping into the guys. It was funny and blunt as hell. Each season, he seems to give it to the contestants a little more and play less of a nice guy. He just calls it like he sees it. I liked it when he told Roger that "they were beat all around, not just in the physical aspects of the challenge."

Wow this is the first show that I can remember that isn't overloaded w/ Texans, not that there is anything wrong w/ that.
Old 02-13-03, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jenna=possibly dumber than joe millionaire, but i'll chalk it up to her youthful naivete.

Janet=3 days and she's physically spent to the point of crying and wanting to vomit??? she'll BEG the others to vote her out soon.

Christy=She may have a disadvantage, BUT if i were on the women's team, she is the one person i would DEFINITELY want to ally with right away. put a little effort in to make her feel a part of the team and you can consider her vote as one you never have to worry about.

Roger=CBS makes it a point to always find someone who likes to tell everyone else what to do. Which is why someone SMART should take him to partner up all the way till the end. Rob made the right move to "save" him for later.

Dave=bend over and pull the stick out of your ass.

Dan=meathead. less talk. more work. *grunt*

Rob=talks like a clown. much more devious than he lets on. though he may have screwed himself if matthew and dan knew he was the 4th man in the short-lived alliance.

oh yeah, and...

Heidi= No, but seriously, besides being amazingly hot, she actually seems with it mentally. I think she'll go far if she doesn't come off as a threat too early on.

Last edited by hahn; 02-13-03 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-13-03, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is it me or was it really tacky that the women killed that tarantula? Then they threw it in the fire. I was waiting for one of them to grab it and say it was good protein.
Old 02-13-03, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At first I had Rob pegged as the jerk of the tribe, but his trash talk really seemed to be more tongue in cheek. He was at least a good sport about losing the challenge. I think him and Dave are my favorites of the guys just for the tactics they are using.

It may not have been a smart move for Dave to make his little speech, but he didn't get a single vote. As long as he doesn't make a habit of it, I think he got away with it. I'm glad someone said it!

And I like Rob telling both sides that he's with them. I think he voted on the correct side, and it will be interesting to see if he can pull it off. I'm hoping Roger is smart enough to back off on giving orders.

I don't know what to make of the girls yet, other than Christy needs to be more forward. If they are all going out to the woods, go with them! Don't just stand there, you have to get in someone's face and ask them if nobody is going to volunteer to keep you informed. I can sympathize with her situation when they're all talking around the fire, but she didn't make much of an effort at any time.

Last edited by Roto; 02-14-03 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-14-03, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Next week

Originally posted by shaggybrown
What do you think
Spoiler:
According to:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor6/

It's a granola bar.
Old 02-14-03, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the blink blink token asian guy is lazy as hell and talk too much trash and doesnt do anything.

Last edited by the_dude8; 02-14-03 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-14-03, 06:51 AM

Originally posted by Cheddarmuff
There may be hope for the swim suit model yet. She could always try to use her feminine wiles on the female Gym teacher (Heidi?).

By the way, Did the swim suit model just got off of another suvivior type show? She looks emaciated already. It would be ironic if they won some great food challenge, but she puked it up afterwards due to bullemia.
Old 02-14-03, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought the show was very good for the 1st show.

I don't see why everyone is going nuts over Heidi or any of the women. I don't think any of them are attractive.
They are no Elizabeth or Amber !

I hope they don't water down the challenges because it's men vs. women.

There was nothing physical about the last challenge.
They locked and unlocked keys, solved 2 puzzles, walked accross a beam and crawled through some sticks.

If it wasn't for Dan the men would have been done before the women figured out how to do the math.
Dan needs to go next, he is lazy and unco-ordinated.

I can't see them keeping these teams like this until the merger.
These women are complaing already after 1 day.
It's going to get a lot harder after sleeping on the ground in the rain with no food.

I see them switching team members very soon.

The men need to get rid of Dan and Matthew who are split from the rest of them because they voted for Roger.

Jeff looks a little emaciated himself.
Eat some cheeseburgers Jeff !
Old 02-14-03, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On the next Survivor:

With the gender war getting more heated, the men's tribe stays high and dry during a downpour, while the women are soaked and miserable.

The discovery of a "mystery" granola bar leads to a tense guessing game for the women. Who snuck in the food with them? The accusations fly and threaten to send the tribe over the edge.

Roger, the men's tribe elder, locks horns with his younger tribemates. While some stew, others lay secret plans to oust the combative Survivor.

The battle of the sexes hits a fevered pitch as both tribes struggle during a crucial Immunity Challenge.
Old 02-14-03, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How in the hell can you not balance your crotch on a beam?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.