Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone own Four Weddings & a Funeral from outside R1?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-03, 03:43 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K., the wife wants it (thinks Hugh Grant is dreamy or something). The R1 version is non-anamorphic, which looks like s*it on our widescreen so I'm looking for an anamorphic version from another region.

The R4 is out, it's definitely Pan & Scam.

The R2 might be anamorphic -- some resellers/ reviews say it is, some say it's widescreen but not 16x9 enhanced. Also, it's possible the description on the back of the box could be wrong, which could be where the confusion is coming from.

So... does anyone own this title who also has a widescreen TV and could say for definitely, absolutely for sure if the R2 is anamorphic? I'd really appreciate the help, 'cause I don't want to order it unless I'm sure. Also what country did you order it from as there might be multiple R2 versions???
Old 02-04-03, 09:53 PM

R2 UK is not anamorphic...
Old 02-06-03, 02:55 AM

This film was badly treated due to the former distributor PolyGram.

It's now been rereleased (by MGM) in most European countries -but the best they can do it seems it widescreen non-anamorphic.

It is listed in Denmark as 16:9 here so maybe you could email them and confirm? They don't charge shipping to the US (assuming you're there) AFAIK + you'll get tax removed from the total price.
Old 02-06-03, 03:02 AM

Just been looking around and that Danish disc seems like a UK import and it appears to be anamorphic -that's what the case says.

Maybe the case artwork is incorrect for the rerelease.