Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GTA Vice City Hidden Jump Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-03, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTA Vice City Hidden Jump Help

I am missing one stinkin jump on this game. I've gone through a printed list of the jumps, twice now, and just can't seem to find the one I need. I've done all 36, but I am obviously not doing one correct. Has anyone else out there had the same problem? Is there one jump that is just really hard to get the "unique stunt bonus" for? I'm 98% complete. I just need that one jump and five more hidden packages for 100% complete. All help is much appreciated.
Old 02-04-03, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You should have put check marks on your list next to the jumps that gave you the cinematic slo-mo view and a cash bonus - then you'd know which one to try again

You also should have collected the hidden packages first thing, as it would have given you extra cash -AND- the Hunter much earlier
Old 02-04-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There seems to be a bug with one of the double jumps. The first jump doesn't have time to register (give you credit for the jump) before you start the second jump. There is a FAQ at gamefaqs.com for all of the jumps. The part about the bug is near the end of that FAQ. It sucks to be so close and possibly not able to get 100%. Good luck.
Old 02-05-03, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by NC-36
You should have put check marks on your list next to the jumps that gave you the cinematic slo-mo view and a cash bonus - then you'd know which one to try again

You also should have collected the hidden packages first thing, as it would have given you extra cash -AND- the Hunter much earlier
Thanks so much for the assistance. I appreciate now knowing what I should have done months ago. I am so glad you were man enough to point that out to me, and very impressed that you can read a strategy guide. Oh no....sarcasm meter overloading...
Old 02-05-03, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by karnblack
There seems to be a bug with one of the double jumps. The first jump doesn't have time to register (give you credit for the jump) before you start the second jump. There is a FAQ at gamefaqs.com for all of the jumps. The part about the bug is near the end of that FAQ. It sucks to be so close and possibly not able to get 100%. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
Old 02-05-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
Thanks so much for the assistance. I appreciate now knowing what I should have done months ago. I am so glad you were man enough to point that out to me, and very impressed that you can read a strategy guide. Oh no....sarcasm meter overloading...
Hey, YOU'RE the one who had the printed list of jumps and went through it twice without making any notes about not getting a slo-mo or cash bonus on a particular jump.

[sarcasm]
I'm glad you're impressed that I "can read a strategy guide". I'm just as impressed you could have part of a strategy guide right in front of you and not use it to your advantage
[/sarcasm]

My post was in jest, a tweak, yanking your chain a little. I was just giving you a bit of a razzing (notice the ? ), you know? Jeez, some people are so thin-skinned lately ...
Old 02-05-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by NC-36
Hey, YOU'RE the one who had the printed list of jumps and went through it twice without making any notes about not getting a slo-mo or cash bonus on a particular jump.

[sarcasm]
I'm glad you're impressed that I "can read a strategy guide". I'm just as impressed you could have part of a strategy guide right in front of you and not use it to your advantage
[/sarcasm]

My post was in jest, a tweak, yanking your chain a little. I was just giving you a bit of a razzing (notice the ? ), you know? Jeez, some people are so thin-skinned lately ...
Hey, my post was also in jest. I was just trying to give you a hard time for making such an obvious statement. Well of course I should have marked the jumps I had already completed. Hindsight is 20/20. YOU really shouldn't get all riled up over things like this. It's just not worth it.
Old 02-05-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Are you getting the slow motion on each of the jumps? Maybe what you think is a jump isn't?

Another thing to do would be to start a new game, turn on the "cars float on water" cheat (so you can get to the second island) and go do all the secret jumps in order and confirm the completion. That might show you which one you're doing incorrectly or missing.
Old 02-06-03, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got the new EGM in the mail and it has every jump in the code section.. so if it isn't out yet since the subscription usually comes first then it should be out really soon.. go pick that up
Old 02-07-03, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by glassdragon
Got the new EGM in the mail and it has every jump in the code section.. so if it isn't out yet since the subscription usually comes first then it should be out really soon.. go pick that up
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
Old 02-07-03, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by einTier
Are you getting the slow motion on each of the jumps? Maybe what you think is a jump isn't?

Another thing to do would be to start a new game, turn on the "cars float on water" cheat (so you can get to the second island) and go do all the secret jumps in order and confirm the completion. That might show you which one you're doing incorrectly or missing.
Good advice. I'm going to go back to an older save point and see which jumps I have completed from there, and then try and get all of the ones completed that I don't have. Hopefully that'll do the trick. If that doesn't work, then I'll just start from scratch and use the cars floating cheat and see what happens. Thanks for the help.